Author Topic: Patriots 2019 Season  (Read 86154 times)

Re: Patriots 2019 Season
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2019, 08:44:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Need to get running game going again, like last year. Once Jets adjusted, we struggled to score. I know that sounds spoiled, given how easily we won, but am thinking ahead when the schedule gets tough.  We miss Andrews and Wynn in run attack I guess. Also Sony just doesn't seem with it this season.

Wonder if  Damien Harris, the rookie from Bama, will get any runs.

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2019, 09:44:01 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
My analysis after this game:
-Pats WR is thin and needs help. Can't wait for Benjamin Watson to return and provide some firepower for this offense. Also could help with seam routes.
-Ghost is concerning with his missed kicks, and this time was an extra point on their first drive.
-The defense is phenomenal. Still allowed ZERO touchdowns in the last 4 games. And allowed only 1 TD in the last 6 games in the first half, which was the AFC Divisional Round against the LA Chargers last season.
-Rookies are going to get grilled by Belichick. Too many mistakes. Stidham threw a pick-6, yuck.
-Special Team muffed punt, sad to see the TD streak end though.

Hopefully, Edelman will be fine and ready to go. The Bills are going to be a challenge, especially when their defense takes the field.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2019, 09:52:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
-Pats WR is thin and needs help. Can't wait for Benjamin Watson to return and provide some firepower for this offense. Also could help with seam routes.
-Ghost is concerning with his missed kicks, and this time was an extra point on their first drive.
-The defense is phenomenal. Still allowed ZERO touchdowns in the last 4 games. And allowed only 1 TD in the last 6 games in the first half, which was the AFC Divisional Round against the LA Chargers last season.
-Rookies are going to get grilled by Belichick. Too many mistakes. Stidham threw a pick-6, yuck.

Hopefully, Edelman will be fine and ready to go. The Bills are going to be a challenge, especially when their defense takes the field.
Yeah, really hope Gostkowski can fix whatever is going on. Ugh.

That our offence has allowed more TD's this season than our defence is ridiculous though.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2019, 08:10:16 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Rookie N'Keal Harry will also add depth. Very physical receiver. Plus we missed James White in the back field.

I'm not too worried about receiver depth. More concerned about our running game. That was our bread and butter last year.  Unless it is a real threat, play action by Brady will lose its effectiveness.  Surprised it worked as much as it did yesterday vs Jets.

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2019, 08:58:22 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Agree about being thin at WR. That was the only reason why they went after AB and were right for doing so. It just didn't work out. I'm hoping for big things from Josh Gordon and know he has the talent (plus he came alive in the 2nd half.) But Brady needs more weapons and solely rely on Edelman, who's already suffered one injury this early in the season. I really like Philip Dorsett.

The defense has been amazing. Jamie Collins is a stud!

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2019, 08:59:33 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Rookie N'Keal Harry will also add depth. Very physical receiver. Plus we missed James White in the back field.

I'm not too worried about receiver depth. More concerned about our running game. That was our bread and butter last year.  Unless it is a real threat, play action by Brady will lose its effectiveness.  Surprised it worked as much as it did yesterday vs Jets.

Good point about James White. You can tell we missed him in during Sunday's game. Burkehead and Michel have been great though (especially Burkehead)

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2019, 09:19:00 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I really doubt fans of other teams feel bad for the Pats with their receiver depth. Sure, losing AB hurts, but we have the reigning SB MVP, an immensely talented player in Gordon, one of the best receiving RBs in the whole league in White, plus a reliable receiver in Dorsett, a high draft pick in Harry, and even a solid TE in Watson.

These are 1st world problems, my friends. And this isn't even taking into account the defense.

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2019, 07:03:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Injuries piling up for Pats. Now Wynn, Harry and Devlin are all on the half season IR but, you can only bring two players back from that list a year. My guess is Harry gets redshirted unless one of the other two guys can't get healthy enough to be activated.

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2019, 07:16:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Injuries piling up for Pats. Now Wynn, Harry and Devlin are all on the half season IR but, you can only bring two players back from that list a year. My guess is Harry gets redshirted unless one of the other two guys can't get healthy enough to be activated.
I'd guess Devlin.

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2019, 07:26:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I'd guess Devlin.
If he is healthy, Devlin will definitely be brought back. The guy is probably the best pass protection blocking RB in the league. He is an important part of what makes that offense so good. His run blocking is also key in their two back sets and he is a staple of the goal line/short yardage offense situational sets.

I think if Harry gets kept on IR for the year the offense can just go to sets using James White as a defacto WR. White basically plays as a WR in many of the 5 wide plays, so he is capable to slot into some WR work.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:01:33 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2019, 07:46:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I really doubt fans of other teams feel bad for the Pats with their receiver depth. Sure, losing AB hurts, but we have the reigning SB MVP, an immensely talented player in Gordon, one of the best receiving RBs in the whole league in White, plus a reliable receiver in Dorsett, a high draft pick in Harry, and even a solid TE in Watson.

These are 1st world problems, my friends. And this isn't even taking into account the defense.

Meyers and the new white TE whose name I am forgetting look like decent complementary receiving options, too.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Meyers and the new white TE whose name I am forgetting look like decent complementary receiving options, too.
Matt Lacosse. Seems to do a decent job of getting open and has good hands.

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2019, 07:56:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I'd guess Devlin.
No way. He was huge for our offence last season

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2019, 08:12:47 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I'd guess Devlin.
I think it will depend on a few factors. First of all, it depends on who is actually ready to play. Secondly, it depends on what team needs are. I expect offensive line will continue to be a need, so if he can play Wynn is likely to get activated. Right now, they don't need another receiver, and the running game needs help. If that stays true then I expect Devlin to come back. But if another receiver goes down they may need Harry.

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2019, 08:38:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I'd guess Devlin.
I think it will depend on a few factors. First of all, it depends on who is actually ready to play. Secondly, it depends on what team needs are. I expect offensive line will continue to be a need, so if he can play Wynn is likely to get activated. Right now, they don't need another receiver, and the running game needs help. If that stays true then I expect Devlin to come back. But if another receiver goes down they may need Harry.
Yeah, that's basically my thinking too. I am a big fan of Harry, and think he'll be a gun, but I think in terms of need he's 3rd out of those guys