Author Topic: delayed gratification lineup thread?  (Read 1707 times)

delayed gratification lineup thread?
« on: May 24, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Would it be possible for the handlers of this blog to set up something like the following:

Create a thread in which posters are allowed to submit one single post listing a possible or desired Celtics' roster for next season?  No explanation would be allowed so each post would be a lineup and nothing else.  The deadline for the thread would be like the day before the draft and the thread with all its posts could be revealed at the end of August or some sensible point after the draft and the summer free agency period. 

If the Celtics did some major stuff the thread could be very interesting and/or funny in terms of seeing whose lineup came close to what the team actually did.

It would all be in fun to allow for highly creative, not very realistic lineups, not necessarily what the poster wants the Celts to do...though of course that would be a perfectly valid way to make an entry.

Any takers for the delayed gratification lineup thread?  Is it even possible?

Re: delayed gratification lineup thread?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 04:52:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Its def possible, and you don't need a mod to do it. Just start a thread explaining everything, and that's that...then you can look at it and decide a winner.

It sounds like a good idea...a kinda "What will we look like on opening night tipoff?"

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 10:48:33 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Its def possible, and you don't need a mod to do it. Just start a thread explaining everything, and that's that...then you can look at it and decide a winner.

It sounds like a good idea...a kinda "What will we look like on opening night tipoff?"

Thanks Indeed!

Yes that was the jist of the idea.  My idea was that you wouldn't be able to read anyone's posts until the whole thread was revealed, which seemed like the tricky or undoable part.  But I thought it might add a little suspense and humor, and keep everyone's post highly original instead of imitative.  Then the whole thread would appear in August or later perhaps.  Also, would just explaining the rules to people be enough to "lock" the thread the night before draft day?  If so I'll give it a whirl...

thanks again...

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Thanks Indeed!

Yes that was the jist of the idea.  My idea was that you wouldn't be able to read anyone's posts until the whole thread was revealed, which seemed like the tricky or undoable part.  But I thought it might add a little suspense and humor, and keep everyone's post highly original instead of imitative.  Then the whole thread would appear in August or later perhaps.  Also, would just explaining the rules to people be enough to "lock" the thread the night before draft day?  If so I'll give it a whirl...

thanks again...

Yeah not being able to read them means we receive them and keep track of them via PM's..which would be pretty time consuming...I'd advise just making the thread, it sounds like a good idea

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner