Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 78768 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #555 on: April 11, 2022, 11:00:50 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

« Reply #556 on: April 12, 2022, 10:20:50 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
 ???

Boston Celtics co-owner Steve Pagliuca said he reinforced his "substantial and credible" bid for Chelsea on Tuesday, promising significant investment to make the club "habitual winners."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea-engchelsea/story/4640290/boston-celtics-co-owner-steve-pagliuca-on-chelsea-bid-ill-make-them-habitual-winners
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #557 on: April 12, 2022, 10:26:34 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
???

Boston Celtics co-owner Steve Pagliuca said he reinforced his "substantial and credible" bid for Chelsea on Tuesday, promising significant investment to make the club "habitual winners."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea-engchelsea/story/4640290/boston-celtics-co-owner-steve-pagliuca-on-chelsea-bid-ill-make-them-habitual-winners

Invest some of that money into the Celts, please.  We've got to keep this team together and add to it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #558 on: April 12, 2022, 11:55:28 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
???

Invest some of that money into the Celts, please.  We've got to keep this team together and add to it.

Yeah, seriously. Kind of a funny thing to say when the C’s haven’t been to the finals in over a decade.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #559 on: April 14, 2022, 05:31:42 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Good to hear! I haven’t listened to it yet, but Brad typically gives very good interviews.

Keith Smith: Brad Stevens was asked on @Toucherandrich if he’d have interest in coaching the Los Angeles Lakers: “I definitely would not leave the Celtics to go to the Lakers. Like, I’m definitely not doing that. I know that for a fact.”  – via Twitter KeithSmithNBA

https://985thesportshub.com/episodes/celtics-president-of-basketball-operations-brad-stevens-the-stack-4-14-hour-4/

« Reply #560 on: April 14, 2022, 05:38:25 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Good to hear! I haven’t listened to it yet, but Brad typically gives very good interviews.

Keith Smith: Brad Stevens was asked on @Toucherandrich if he’d have interest in coaching the Los Angeles Lakers: “I definitely would not leave the Celtics to go to the Lakers. Like, I’m definitely not doing that. I know that for a fact.”  – via Twitter KeithSmithNBA

https://985thesportshub.com/episodes/celtics-president-of-basketball-operations-brad-stevens-the-stack-4-14-hour-4/

Yes good that he's definitive about not going to the Lakers, but would rather he ruled out coaching altogether.  Eventually it seems it's going to be year to year - I'm anticipating the rumors each time a coveted job opens.

« Reply #561 on: April 14, 2022, 05:45:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

That’s the last coaching job a family man like him wants. , watching a decent guy Vogelget thrown under the bus . Moreover ,  especially now how we see James ruined the already screwed up team even more bring in his three ring circus of  nut jobs. It’s circus show of Kardashian types …Phil Jackson fit perfect , more weirdo types or hippyish now crowd zen  whatever .  What a mess,  only another screwball could imagine Brad there. ,  who thinks LA CA is any kind of normal place to live.

« Reply #562 on: April 14, 2022, 05:45:29 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Yes good that he's definitive about not going to the Lakers, but would rather he ruled out coaching altogether.  Eventually it seems it's going to be year to year - I'm anticipating the rumors each time a coveted job opens.

This kind of comment is unheard of since forever.

Seriously, this kind of petty tribalistic awesomeness is seriously lacking in today's NBA
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #563 on: April 14, 2022, 06:30:19 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

Seriously, this kind of petty tribalistic awesomeness is seriously lacking in today's NBA
He could leave for a front office position with the Pacers, then leave that to coach the Lakers. Not likely, but Brad chooses his words wisely.

« Reply #564 on: April 14, 2022, 08:42:39 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Is it petty tribalism or is more, "I work for one of the best organizations in the league. Why would I go to one of the most dysfunctional?

« Reply #565 on: April 15, 2022, 06:05:13 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

That’s the last coaching job a family man like him wants. , watching a decent guy Vogelget thrown under the bus . Moreover ,  especially now how we see James ruined the already screwed up team even more bring in his three ring circus of  nut jobs. It’s circus show of Kardashian types …Phil Jackson fit perfect , more weirdo types or hippyish now crowd zen  whatever .  What a mess,  only another screwball could imagine Brad there. ,  who thinks LA CA is any kind of normal place to live.
I remember Jackie MacMullen talking about how a lot of people use the "spend more time with my family" line when they leave a job because it sounds good. In Brad's case, he didn't say that but it was actually a big factor. He truly does want to spend more time with his family than being an NBA head coach allows for.

Maybe he'll coach again but the idea of him jumping back into it this soon and for the Lakers of all teams... seems farfetched.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #566 on: April 16, 2022, 01:45:15 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
‘Let’s go for it. We’re not sellers.’ Inside the Celtics’ February reconstruction that kick-started their revival
By Adam Himmelsbach Globe Staff,Updated April 16, 2022, 8:02 a.m.

In late January, with the Celtics hovering around .500 and the season’s direction unclear, owners Wyc Grousbeck and Steve Pagliuca called a meeting with the front office and coach Ime Udoka. But the purpose was not to voice frustrations. Despite their stumbles, the Celtics had shown promise when their top players were available. There were also plenty of games left, and with the Feb. 10 trade deadline approaching, there were opportunities for alterations.

“Wyc came to us and said, ‘I think this team could be really good,’ ” vice president of basketball operations Mike Zarren recalled. “He said. ‘Let’s go for it. We’re not sellers. We’re buyers.’ And that was kind of our lodestar.”

The Celtics went on a mild winning streak against undermanned competition, and when the trade deadline arrived, there was unanimous agreement that it was time to strike. Over a dizzying 24-hour period the team traded seven players and added guard Derrick White and center Daniel Theis.

Then the Celtics became dominant, roaring to a 20-6 finish that included 10 wins by 20 points or more. They enter their opening-round playoff series against the Nets on Sunday as title contenders, a truth that would have seemed unfathomable just two months ago.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/04/16/sports/lets-go-it-were-not-sellers-inside-celtics-february-reconstruction-that-kick-started-their-revival/

« Reply #567 on: April 16, 2022, 06:15:06 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
‘Let’s go for it. We’re not sellers.’ Inside the Celtics’ February reconstruction that kick-started their revival
By Adam Himmelsbach Globe Staff,Updated April 16, 2022, 8:02 a.m.

In late January, with the Celtics hovering around .500 and the season’s direction unclear, owners Wyc Grousbeck and Steve Pagliuca called a meeting with the front office and coach Ime Udoka. But the purpose was not to voice frustrations. Despite their stumbles, the Celtics had shown promise when their top players were available. There were also plenty of games left, and with the Feb. 10 trade deadline approaching, there were opportunities for alterations.

“Wyc came to us and said, ‘I think this team could be really good,’ ” vice president of basketball operations Mike Zarren recalled. “He said. ‘Let’s go for it. We’re not sellers. We’re buyers.’ And that was kind of our lodestar.”

The Celtics went on a mild winning streak against undermanned competition, and when the trade deadline arrived, there was unanimous agreement that it was time to strike. Over a dizzying 24-hour period the team traded seven players and added guard Derrick White and center Daniel Theis.

Then the Celtics became dominant, roaring to a 20-6 finish that included 10 wins by 20 points or more. They enter their opening-round playoff series against the Nets on Sunday as title contenders, a truth that would have seemed unfathomable just two months ago.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/04/16/sports/lets-go-it-were-not-sellers-inside-celtics-february-reconstruction-that-kick-started-their-revival/

“Let’s go for it!”  But also “Let’s get under the luxury tax!”