Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 78638 times)

Celtics Regular Season News
« on: October 16, 2021, 11:17:33 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Not a great start to the year with players already getting dinged up and missing time due to Covid. Ugh..

Chris Grenham: Ime Udoka says Payton Pritchard got his nose reset today and he’ll be good to go through non-contact drills at practice over the next few days.

John Karalis: Robert Williams is out tonight with right knee tendinopathy … I know it as patellar tendinitis, or jumper’s knee. 17 hours ago – via Twitter
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 11:37:17 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think there is a lot of overreaction to Rob's condition (jumper's knee).  Pretty common, not really serious.  Needs rest for a few days.  Plus a good stretch regimen is very effective in preventing recurrence. I'm not a medical guy, just someone who battled this back in HS during my playing days.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 03:09:51 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
I think there is a lot of overreaction to Rob's condition (jumper's knee).  Pretty common, not really serious.  Needs rest for a few days.  Plus a good stretch regimen is very effective in preventing recurrence. I'm not a medical guy, just someone who battled this back in HS during my playing days.

Issue is, he’s chronically dealing with one injury or another. Going on 3 years now. I don’t think his body can hold up if he is playing more minutes as starter.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 04:34:29 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Issue is, he’s chronically dealing with one injury or another. Going on 3 years now. I don’t think his body can hold up if he is playing more minutes as starter.

He averaged 9, 13, and 19 minutes per game respectively over his first 3 years.  Missed a good chunk of games each year.  Other guys ‘might’ be injury prone, Rob is injury prone.  Till he shows otherwise the operating assumption should be that he’s not going to have long stretches of staying healthy especially if he’s playing 25 or so minutes. 

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 08:17:00 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

He averaged 9, 13, and 19 minutes per game respectively over his first 3 years.  Missed a good chunk of games each year.  Other guys ‘might’ be injury prone, Rob is injury prone.  Till he shows otherwise the operating assumption should be that he’s not going to have long stretches of staying healthy especially if he’s playing 25 or so minutes.

So if he stays on that trajectory, he should be at 24mpg this season?  :laugh:

I really like Timelord, but I have no confidence in him being able to stay healthy. I don’t think he should be starting, just not reliable enough.

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 09:56:17 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

So if he stays on that trajectory, he should be at 24mpg this season?  :laugh:

I really like Timelord, but I have no confidence in him being able to stay healthy. I don’t think he should be starting, just not reliable enough.

The good thing is we have a number of people to cover for Timelord this season, with Al, Juancho, Enes and even Bruno.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 11:03:46 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Jared Weiss: Celtics are waiving Theo Pinson, Garrison Matthews and Chris Clemons, sources tell @The Athletic. Pinson, Clemons, Luke Kornet, Ryan Arcidiacono and Juwan Morgan will go to Maine while Garrison Matthews becomes a free agent. Jabari Parker & Bruno Fernando remain with the team. – via Twitter JaredWeissNBA

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 11:07:16 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Jared Weiss: Celtics are waiving Theo Pinson, Garrison Matthews and Chris Clemons, sources tell @The Athletic. Pinson, Clemons, Luke Kornet, Ryan Arcidiacono and Juwan Morgan will go to Maine while Garrison Matthews becomes a free agent. Jabari Parker & Bruno Fernando remain with the team. – via Twitter JaredWeissNBA

Looks like that 2-way is still open.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 12:59:00 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

I think a good comparison for Williams III is Tyrus Thomas, both stylistically and physically.

I know that I am in the very small minority, but I would have moved on from Williams III this off-season...if the right offer was there.

As a stop gap, Robin Lopez was available for just 2 million, as was young prospect Jock Landale and our 16th pick could have netted us Usman Garuba.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 02:32:59 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 02:31:41 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
The Celtics are waiving forward Jabari Parker, according to a league source. Parker’s $2.3 million salary was set to guarantee at the start of the regular season. – via Boston Globe

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 02:35:58 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
The Celtics are waiving forward Jabari Parker, according to a league source. Parker’s $2.3 million salary was set to guarantee at the start of the regular season. – via Boston Globe
Kind of surprise..who take his spot
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 02:38:48 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Some of the money is already guaranteed. $100k?

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 02:41:37 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I'm really disappointed with Boston for doing this. Jabari was instant offense off the bench, something the Cs haven't had much of these last several years. I know he was never a great defensive player, but I think he tried really hard to improve at that last season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2021, 02:42:55 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

“There has been some buzz that the Celtics are looking at adding another big man, given the uncertainty of Al Horford's early-season availability. Robert Williams' recent knee soreness likely factors in here as well.” - via Keith Smith
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2021, 02:43:02 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
is this True ?