Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 567608 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #900 on: December 13, 2021, 10:37:46 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
And so it begins, again...

Ira Winderman: Game after Bulls played Heat, NBA, “The Chicago Bulls’ next two games–Tuesday, Dec. 14 against the Detroit Pistons and Thursday, Dec. 16 at Toronto–have been postponed. Ten Bulls players, along with additional staff members, are currently in NBA’s Health and Safety Protocols

I made a separate thread on this, but hornets been absolutely ravaged by Covid lately. They got rozier back tonight but we’re playing two way players to not forfeit their last game. Why can the bulls have their games skipped/delayed but Charlotte would have had to forfeit?

Policies different in different states/country I would assume

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #901 on: December 13, 2021, 11:03:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Ira Winderman: Game after Bulls played Heat, NBA, “The Chicago Bulls’ next two games–Tuesday, Dec. 14 against the Detroit Pistons and Thursday, Dec. 16 at Toronto–have been postponed. Ten Bulls players, along with additional staff members, are currently in NBA’s Health and Safety Protocols

I made a separate thread on this, but hornets been absolutely ravaged by Covid lately. They got rozier back tonight but we’re playing two way players to not forfeit their last game. Why can the bulls have their games skipped/delayed but Charlotte would have had to forfeit?

This seems like the nba policy though. They were going to make the hornets forfeit but it seems like they are giving the bulls a break here. I mean for whatever reason it is blowing up the east coast cities right now. Hornets, Chicago, Philly all have had outbreaks. Really hoping Celtics can avoid this. We have had enough trouble with brown

« Reply #902 on: December 13, 2021, 11:16:50 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

This seems like the nba policy though. They were going to make the hornets forfeit but it seems like they are giving the bulls a break here. I mean for whatever reason it is blowing up the east coast cities right now. Hornets, Chicago, Philly all have had outbreaks. Really hoping Celtics can avoid this. We have had enough trouble with brown

The policy is that you have to be able to dress 8 players for an NBA game.  The Bulls have 10 players in protocol, which meant they could only dress 7, and thus the postponements.  The Hornets were without a lot of players, but had enough to take the court.

« Reply #903 on: December 14, 2021, 12:37:06 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

The policy is that you have to be able to dress 8 players for an NBA game.  The Bulls have 10 players in protocol, which meant they could only dress 7, and thus the postponements.  The Hornets were without a lot of players, but had enough to take the court.

By why do the bulls not have to forfeit then?

« Reply #904 on: December 14, 2021, 12:41:59 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

By why do the bulls not have to forfeit then?

Because the NBA wants to make those games up and get revenue.  Perhaps if it comes out that the Bulls were fudging the protocols and suffered an outbreak, a forfeit might happen.  But right now it appears they lost a round of Covid lottery, which will happen to several teams before those season is out.

« Reply #905 on: December 14, 2021, 08:41:02 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Bulls should either forfeit or the league should let them call up a bunch of players from the GLeague to fill in slots.  Hornets shouldn't have to suffer because Bulls can't field a team.  Last year should have been a 1 time thing on that.  Now it is just the cost of doing business.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #906 on: December 14, 2021, 09:19:16 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Bulls should either forfeit or the league should let them call up a bunch of players from the GLeague to fill in slots.  Hornets shouldn't have to suffer because Bulls can't field a team.  Last year should have been a 1 time thing on that.  Now it is just the cost of doing business.
a forfeit would seem to be a reasonable response.  the question I have though is how are the fans compensated for the player's reckless disregard of covid protocols?  sure, ticket refund is obvious and probably a refund to the media outlets covering those forfeited games but I think there needs to be more and it needs to come out of the players' pockets to drive home the point that they need to pay attention to the protocols.  perhaps refund tickets at double the cost and the media outlets at 1.5 times the broadcast rights for the game.  hit them in the wallet and you'll see the players toe the line with staying as healthy as possible.

« Reply #907 on: December 14, 2021, 10:05:51 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

This is a good compromise I think. Allow them to sign a couple of guys from the G League in order to not disrupt the schedule. They can also have the option to forfeit if they don’t want to sign emergency players.

« Reply #908 on: December 14, 2021, 11:49:42 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
The Nets are latest east team to be decimated. Aldridge, Milsap, Bembry johnson and carter in safety protocols. Durant questionable with injured ankle. Unclear if they may have postponement.

« Reply #909 on: December 14, 2021, 11:52:09 AM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

« Reply #910 on: December 14, 2021, 12:00:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Could the Celtics be last years Atlanta Hawks ?

Come out of no where ?

« Reply #911 on: December 14, 2021, 03:26:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The hardship exception(s) already exists. Then the team uses 10 day contracts.
See here for example: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/cleveland-cavaliers-to-sign-anderson-varejao-to-10-day-contract-tuesday-after-being-granted-hardship-exception/ar-BB1gk4nu

Had to look him up to see when he last played.  i had no idea he was back in the league.  It's been about 5 years since he had a real role on an NBA team.
Yup

« Reply #912 on: December 14, 2021, 03:29:11 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Could the Celtics be last years Atlanta Hawks ?

Come out of no where ?
No…no inside game & weak bench is downfall to this team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #913 on: December 14, 2021, 03:58:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
a forfeit would seem to be a reasonable response.  the question I have though is how are the fans compensated for the player's reckless disregard of covid protocols?  sure, ticket refund is obvious and probably a refund to the media outlets covering those forfeited games but I think there needs to be more and it needs to come out of the players' pockets to drive home the point that they need to pay attention to the protocols.  perhaps refund tickets at double the cost and the media outlets at 1.5 times the broadcast rights for the game.  hit them in the wallet and you'll see the players toe the line with staying as healthy as possible.
The players could be following protocols and still be getting exposed to COVID and catching it. Once one player gets it, you got think most of the team will if not caught in time and the player isolated.

« Reply #914 on: December 14, 2021, 04:21:35 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Lakers discussing Russell Westbrook trade..well that didn’t last long..Coach LeBron must not like him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin