Author Topic: 2011 NFL Football  (Read 81684 times)

Re: 2011 NFL Football
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2011, 10:05:06 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
crowds not in it

lions energy level low

« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2011, 10:33:17 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
TOUCHDOWN!!!

« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2011, 11:21:58 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
lions d is on point

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2011, 08:37:57 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Gotta love what the Lions are doing this year ... Cinderella team going deep into the playoffs. A Patriots/Lions Super Bowl would be sweet, but the Pats have a long way to go with their defense ... lets hope our health rebounds and maintains a high level, and that Bill can tweak these youngsters into tightening up on D.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2011, 12:52:52 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Gotta love what the Lions are doing this year ... Cinderella team going deep into the playoffs. A Patriots/Lions Super Bowl would be sweet, but the Pats have a long way to go with their defense ... lets hope our health rebounds and maintains a high level, and that Bill can tweak these youngsters into tightening up on D.

The Lions are having a great start to the season and I do think they will make the playoffs but I don't think they will go very deep in the playoffs. 2nd round exit at best, in my opinion. The NFC belongs to either the Packers or Saints. I don't think the other teams can roll with them just yet. Detroit wins team of the future, for sure. Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford will be the next great QB/WR duo for years to come.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2011, 11:10:32 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Carson Palmer to the Raiders.

Looks like the Bengals (of all teams) might've just ripped off the Raiders.

And it’s official.

The Bengals have traded quarterback Carson Palmer to the Raiders for a first-round pick in 2012, and a conditional first-round pick in 2013, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

News of the potential trade was first broken by Jay Glazer of FOX.  Glazer reports that the 2013 pick is a second-round selection that can become a first-round pick.

Apart from the issues raised in the earlier item on the trade, the biggest question Raiders fans are asking is whether Palmer is in football shape.  PFT reported back in September that Palmer had been working out with former NFL quarterback Ken O’Brien.  Glazer said on The Dan Patrick Show that Palmer had continued to work out with O’Brien.

The Raiders host the Chiefs on Sunday.  After a Week Eight bye, the Raiders host the Broncos.  Four nights later, they travel to San Diego for the first of two games against the Chargers that will go a long way toward deciding the AFC West title.

It’s the second trade that the Raiders have made in less than a week, and it gives the team yet another former first-round pick.  Palmer was the first overall selection in the 2003 draft.

Palmer is under contract through 2014, at base salaries of $11.5 million, $11.5 million, $13 million, and $14 million.  The prorated 2011 salary is $7.44 million; as of October 4, the Raiders had $6.1 million in cap space for 2011.

We’re devoting all of PFT Live to this unexpected transaction, with Glazer, Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer, and Paul Gutierrez of CSN Bay Area joining the show.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2011, 11:32:49 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Carson Palmer to the Raiders.

Looks like the Bengals (of all teams) might've just ripped off the Raiders.

And it’s official.

The Bengals have traded quarterback Carson Palmer to the Raiders for a first-round pick in 2012, and a conditional first-round pick in 2013, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

News of the potential trade was first broken by Jay Glazer of FOX.  Glazer reports that the 2013 pick is a second-round selection that can become a first-round pick.

Apart from the issues raised in the earlier item on the trade, the biggest question Raiders fans are asking is whether Palmer is in football shape.  PFT reported back in September that Palmer had been working out with former NFL quarterback Ken O’Brien.  Glazer said on The Dan Patrick Show that Palmer had continued to work out with O’Brien.

The Raiders host the Chiefs on Sunday.  After a Week Eight bye, the Raiders host the Broncos.  Four nights later, they travel to San Diego for the first of two games against the Chargers that will go a long way toward deciding the AFC West title.

It’s the second trade that the Raiders have made in less than a week, and it gives the team yet another former first-round pick.  Palmer was the first overall selection in the 2003 draft.

Palmer is under contract through 2014, at base salaries of $11.5 million, $11.5 million, $13 million, and $14 million.  The prorated 2011 salary is $7.44 million; as of October 4, the Raiders had $6.1 million in cap space for 2011.

We’re devoting all of PFT Live to this unexpected transaction, with Glazer, Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer, and Paul Gutierrez of CSN Bay Area joining the show.

Wow.  That is a ridiculous price to pay for Carson Palmer.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2011, 09:15:58 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
I have friends who are Colts fans, and I feel bad for them. The season has not started well, and its not getting any better.

I guess the only question is, which team ends up with a worse record: Indy, Miami or St. Louis, or do all three end up tied 0-16?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2011, 09:27:56 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I have friends who are Colts fans, and I feel bad for them. The season has not started well, and its not getting any better.

I guess the only question is, which team ends up with a worse record: Indy, Miami or St. Louis, or do all three end up tied 0-16?

Well, I think it's clear that the worst team in the league is the Colts.  The Dolphins have been reasonably close in a couple of games.  I expect that both the Dolphins and the Rams will happen to win a couple games toward the end of the season, unless the Dolphins really tank out-right for Luck.

I think the more interesting question is whether the Rams or the Colts would draft Luck with the #1 overall or trade that pick to a more desperate team willing to give up good players (most likely the Dolphins).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

Well, I think it's clear that the worst team in the league is the Colts.  The Dolphins have been reasonably close in a couple of games.  I expect that both the Dolphins and the Rams will happen to win a couple games toward the end of the season, unless the Dolphins really tank out-right for Luck.

I think the more interesting question is whether the Rams or the Colts would draft Luck with the #1 overall or trade that pick to a more desperate team willing to give up good players (most likely the Dolphins).

Or they could trade it to the Raiders for 5 future firsts, or something like that.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2011, 12:23:35 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Well, I think it's clear that the worst team in the league is the Colts.  The Dolphins have been reasonably close in a couple of games. 
Indy has:

lost by 27, 8, 3, 7 , 4 , 10 , 55

Miami has:

lost by 14, 10, 1, 10, 18, 3

Two one score losses by Miami and four one score loses by the Colts. Both have been in games late and come up short, I'm not sure who's worse myself.

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, I think it's clear that the worst team in the league is the Colts.  The Dolphins have been reasonably close in a couple of games. 
Indy has:

Miami has:

Two one score losses by Miami and four one score loses by the Colts. Both have been in games late and come up short, I'm not sure who's worse myself.

I think Indy is worse.  That team has some serious issues.  Caldwell is an awful coach too. 

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2011, 12:32:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Well, I think it's clear that the worst team in the league is the Colts.  The Dolphins have been reasonably close in a couple of games.  
Indy has:

Miami has:

I think Indy is worse.  That team has some serious issues.  Caldwell is an awful coach too.  

The Rams have a worse scoring differential than Indy, even after the 55 point blow out, wow.....

They've only been "in" a single game, against the Redskins thats it. Miami/Indy have at least been competitive in more than a single game.

I think they're the worst team now that I think about it. They'll look better because they're going to start divisional play soon, and the Cardinals/Seahawks are bound to make them look competitive.

« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2011, 12:47:01 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
This year's quarterback class is turning into a fairly decent one.  Newton & Dalton are getting the bulk of the headlines but I thought Ponder looked alright yesterday making his first career headstart against the defending Super Bowl champs.  Gabbert's had his struggles but still shown some promise also.

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2011, 12:52:43 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
This year's quarterback class is turning into a fairly decent one.  Newton & Dalton are getting the bulk of the headlines but I thought Ponder looked alright yesterday making his first career headstart against the defending Super Bowl champs.  Gabbert's had his struggles but still shown some promise also.

Yeah, they are definitely looking good.  Although I wouldn't get too excited yet.  I remember being really excited about Bradford and McCoy early last year too. 

I think it is getting easier for talented QBs to have success early, as offenses dumb down their playbooks, and defenses don't yet have books on them.  What sets apart the really good ones is how they react, once the training-wheels come off, and when teams start really gameplanning for them.