Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 366861 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #1905 on: April 16, 2019, 10:26:53 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Looking at the box score for Philly's win last night. 51 points in the 3rd quarter. Yikes.

Boban led the team in FGA's with just 14 in 18 minutes. Pretty wild.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #1906 on: April 16, 2019, 10:30:17 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Looking at the box score for Philly's win last night. 51 points in the 3rd quarter. Yikes.

Boban led the team in FGA's with just 14 in 18 minutes. Pretty wild.
They played 2/3 zone during his minutes and he just hit open 15 foot jumper one after another.

« Reply #1907 on: April 18, 2019, 08:35:24 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Rumor has it that the Sixers GM wants to trade Simmons.

Quote from: New York Daily News
A source who spoke to the Daily News on condition of anonymity said general manager Elton Brand made it known to ownership sometime before the trade deadline that the organization needed to consider trading Simmons because the youngster was simply not coachable, and was a regular-season player annually exposed in the playoffs. The idea was immediately shot down, and Brand was told that Simmons and Embiid were untouchable – even if Anthony Davis was the prize.

« Reply #1908 on: April 18, 2019, 08:37:24 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

A source who spoke to the Daily News on condition of anonymity said general manager Elton Brand made it known to ownership sometime before the trade deadline that the organization needed to consider trading Simmons because the youngster was simply not coachable, and was a regular-season player annually exposed in the playoffs. The idea was immediately shot down, and Brand was told that Simmons and Embiid were untouchable – even if Anthony Davis was the prize.

Good, let philly collapse on itself

« Reply #1909 on: April 18, 2019, 08:56:01 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

it'd be a smart move for them to see if there's someone out there that'd be a better fit next to Embiid and Butler.  Could probably get a couple of really good players for him while his hype is still high --> probably a starting-quality PG that can hit from outside and pass as well as a good forward 3/4 type that can hit from outside and rebound.  not sure who that team and players would be right now but I think Simmons could fetch a nice collection of assets in a deal.

« Reply #1910 on: April 18, 2019, 10:30:28 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

it'd be a smart move for them to see if there's someone out there that'd be a better fit next to Embiid and Butler.  Could probably get a couple of really good players for him while his hype is still high --> probably a starting-quality PG that can hit from outside and pass as well as a good forward 3/4 type that can hit from outside and rebound.  not sure who that team and players would be right now but I think Simmons could fetch a nice collection of assets in a deal.
I know he isn't a great shooter, but something based around:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5dwmvpy

Hmm...
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1911 on: April 18, 2019, 10:40:15 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I wouldn't trust Brand to make the right decisions if I was the Sixers owners either.  I mean that Fultz trade was terrible for them.

And there is no way I'd trade Simmons for Ball and Kuzma.  None at all.  Terrible trade for the Sixers.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1912 on: April 18, 2019, 10:45:33 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I wouldn't trust Brand to make the right decisions if I was the Sixers owners either.  I mean that Fultz trade was terrible for them.

And there is no way I'd trade Simmons for Ball and Kuzma.  None at all.  Terrible trade for the Sixers.

I think you put too high market value on Simmons.

« Reply #1913 on: April 18, 2019, 11:21:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I think you put too high market value on Simmons.
Ball is an injured significantly lesser player than Simmons.  Kuzma is what he is at this point (given his age and his relative lack of growth).  If they were to trade Simmons they would do far better than Ball and Kuzma.

« Reply #1914 on: April 18, 2019, 11:30:41 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

Ball is an injured significantly lesser player than Simmons.  Kuzma is what he is at this point (given his age and his relative lack of growth).  If they were to trade Simmons they would do far better than Ball and Kuzma.

I think it's going to be tough to trade Simmons right now.  Not because he's not a great talent, but because of his contract situation.  Nobody wants to trade into a Pelicans Anthony Davis situation.

One year left on his rookie contract, eligible for a max extension this summer.  Klutch client, buddies with LeBron, already claimed that he'll play for the Lakers (while at LSU), and the NBA already investigated Lakers for potentially tampering with Simmons this year (wanting to work out with Magic).

Then there's other things like the LSU situation/Showtime documentary (where he solely looked out for himself), the recent comments about Philly fans, I don't know if this is a guy a lot of teams would be confident is going to commit to their team and be that superstar the fans/city will rally around.  "I want to play in this city my whole career, and these are the greatest fans in the world!"  You're not getting that from Simmons, now you're not really getting it from Kawhi either, talents trumps all, just think it makes a team less willing to give up a lot to get him right now.

Of course all that changes if a team can discuss an extension with Simmons/Klutch before a trade, but then I think that hurts Philly's position by openly letting it be known they're shopping Simmons.  Simmons can say he won't sign an extension, and at the same time this alienates him against Philly if they can't find a good trade and decide to keep him.  Philly could sign Simmons to an extension first, but that wasn't a good look for the Clippers when they did it with Blake Griffin.

Now a little less risky for teams trading for Simmons because you have 5th year restricted free agency if Simmons doesn't want to sign, though I wouldn't put it past Klutch to have the first player who tries to strong arm or maneuver out of restricted free agency when getting max contract offers.

I think it's tough to trade Simmons right now.   Not really sure what the haul would be.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 11:47:19 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #1915 on: April 18, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Fultz trade was made by Bryan Co'Angelo.

And yeah that is an awful trade... I would wager to even admit that Simmons is a better player than Tatum now, but I don't think he will ever supersede Tatum's growth and development in 3-4 years. I think that conversation will be entirely different come down the road.

The ability to shoot is extremely freaking vital in today's NBA.

I think it's going to be tough to trade Simmons right now.  Not because he's not a great talent, but because of his contract situation.  Nobody wants to trade into a Pelicans Anthony Davis situation.

One year left on his rookie contract, eligible for a max extension this summer.  Klutch client, buddies with LeBron, already claimed that he'll play for the Lakers (while at LSU), and the NBA already investigated Lakers for potentially tampering with Simmons this year (wanting to work out with Magic).

Then there's other things like the LSU situation/Showtime documentary (where he solely looked out for himself), the recent comments about Philly fans, I don't know if this is a guy a lot of teams would be confident is going to commit to their team and be that superstar the fans/city will rally around.  "I want to play in this city my whole career, and these are the greatest fans in the world!"  You're not getting that from Simmons, now you're not really getting it from Kawhi either, talents trumps all, just think it makes a team less willing to give up a lot to get him right now.

Of course all that changes if a team can discuss an extension with Simmons/Klutch before a trade, but then I think that hurts Philly's position by openly letting it be known they're shopping Simmons.  Simmons can say he won't sign an extension, while at the same time alienating him against Philly if they can't find a good trade and decide to keep him.  Philly could sign Simmons to an extension first, but that wasn't a good look for the Clippers when they did it with Blake Griffin.

Now a little less risky for teams trading for Simmons because you have 5th year restricted free agency if Simmons doesn't want to sign, though I wouldn't put it past Klutch to have the first player who tries to strong arm or maneuver out of restricted free agency when getting max contract offers.

I think it's tough to trade Simmons right now.   Not really sure what the haul would be.

All very solid points I agree with. Simmons also has terrible attitude, and acts like a spoiled brat at times. He's gifted athletically, with all the tools and dream body, but doesn't even put the work in developing his jumper. It is just shocking to me honestly. I cannot believe someone like him just doesn't even take jump shots.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #1916 on: April 18, 2019, 12:02:02 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
Assuming Kyrie wants to team up with Butler in Philly (they seem to be close friends):

Simmons + Tobias Harris (sign and trade) for Kyrie (sign and trade)

Don't think we could get a better deal elsewhere (again, assuming Kyrie wants to walk).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 12:11:57 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #1917 on: April 18, 2019, 12:12:06 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Assuming Kyrie wants to team up with Butler in Philly (they seem to be close friends):

Simmons + Tobias Harris (sign and trade) for Kyrie (sign and trade)

Don't think we could get a better deal elsewhere (again, assuming Kyrie walks).
Don't propose a sign and trade unless you can show its legal via the CBA.

If Kyrie wants to go somewhere without cap space in all odds he will need to force an opt in and trade (see CP3 and the Clippers)

« Reply #1918 on: April 18, 2019, 12:23:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Fultz trade was made by Bryan Co'Angelo.

And yeah that is an awful trade... I would wager to even admit that Simmons is a better player than Tatum now, but I don't think he will ever supersede Tatum's growth and development in 3-4 years. I think that conversation will be entirely different come down the road.

The ability to shoot is extremely freaking vital in today's NBA.

Of course all that changes if a team can discuss an extension with Simmons/Klutch before a trade, but then I think that hurts Philly's position by openly letting it be known they're shopping Simmons.  Simmons can say he won't sign an extension, while at the same time alienating him against Philly if they can't find a good trade and decide to keep him.  Philly could sign Simmons to an extension first, but that wasn't a good look for the Clippers when they did it with Blake Griffin.

All very solid points I agree with. Simmons also has terrible attitude, and acts like a spoiled brat at times. He's gifted athletically, with all the tools and dream body, but doesn't even put the work in developing his jumper. It is just shocking to me honestly. I cannot believe someone like him just doesn't even take jump shots.
I meant the Fultz to Orlando trade.  The first one turned out awful but was at least understandable at the time.  I have no idea what they were thinking in the Orlando trade.

« Reply #1919 on: April 18, 2019, 12:28:30 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
Don't propose a sign and trade unless you can show its legal via the CBA.
Don't tell me not to propose a sign and trade unless you can show it's not legal via the CBA.

See what I did there? :P

Anyway, double sign and trade deals are legal under the CBA. At the very least, the teams could throw in a few minor pieces to make the trade work.