Author Topic: Celtics Need another Team Meeting  (Read 5285 times)

Re: Celtics Need another Team Meeting
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:19 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
all on Brad he does not know how to manage this team. Give him a team he can manage.

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 02:35:04 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Dud performance, happen to every team. The Hear were hitting everything once they got cooking. They were either airballing or swishing all night. I think Wade set a career high in 3os, and the half-court buzzer beater st the half just confirmed it was going to be one of THOSE games.

Don’t think they need a team meeting after every L. Whatever happened with Mook and Jaylen looked minor, let’s move on to Orlando and get our revenge for that terrible game earlier in the season. I don’t mind some poor performances if we are learning from them.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 05:05:24 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Nope. They need some trade to happen. Too many ballhandlers and nobody that can rest Horford a little bit.

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 05:22:00 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
all on Brad he does not know how to manage this team. Give him a team he can manage.
Guy is a fraud, I have been saying this all along. He just got repeatedly lucky these past 5 years.
CBS = Criminally Bad Stevens
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 05:52:14 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I still think that Morris should not start in front of Brown and that his personality is hurting us overall. He is not a starting caliber PF on a championship team, although I kinda love him on a team. I think this team lacks strong personality like KG or Pierce. Kyrie or Al are certainly not that kind of players...

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 06:02:25 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Home to Road B2B, it's assured you will be in bad condition, and the Home team happens to be in good condition, there is nothing you can do there, you can only put your best effort and live with the result

With that said Brown's lazy play is unacceptable, period, under no condition or injury or whatever are you allowed to be lazy on the court

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 06:39:47 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I still think that Morris should not start in front of Brown and that his personality is hurting us overall. He is not a starting caliber PF on a championship team, although I kinda love him on a team. I think this team lacks strong personality like KG or Pierce. Kyrie or Al are certainly not that kind of players...
He has been very productive.
I think that he is a good starting four ATM.
But nothing is set in stone, so he might easily get back.
Gordon and Jaylen have honestly been less reliable than Smart and Morris by the time of lineup change.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 07:19:18 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
Gordon and Jaylen have honestly been less reliable than Smart and Morris by the time of lineup change.

Yes I Know he has been very good and productive numbers wise, but I don't like him as our starting PF because besides scoring he does very little. Not a great rebounder (just what we need) and faciliator (not saying that we need him to be for us to be succesful). He's not a stopper either. He's very vocal and sometimes it seem that other guys (team is suffering) are playing for his next contract. As I said, I like him as a role player, he has that dog ih him, but I think that we are not a championship team with him as our starter (PF).   

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 07:28:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yes I Know he has been very good and productive numbers wise, but I don't like him as our starting PF because besides scoring he does very little. Not a great rebounder (just what we need) and faciliator (not saying that we need him to be for us to be succesful). He's not a stopper either. He's very vocal and sometimes it seem that other guys (team is suffering) are playing for his next contract. As I said, I like him as a role player, he has that dog ih him, but I think that we are not a championship team with him as our starter (PF).   
He’s a much better rebounder, shooter and general scorer than Brown. Brown is a better defender, but can’t defend the bigger guys as aptly as Morris can
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 07:54:32 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown

He’s a much better rebounder, shooter and general scorer than Brown. Brown is a better defender, but can’t defend the bigger guys as aptly as Morris can
He is a better scorer then Brown, I'll give you that, but the question what I'm asking is do we really need his scoring in our starting lineup when we have Kyrie and Tatum in? I'll rather have Tatum shoot 25 shots then Morris having his own and Building his free agency value up. I don't Know about you guys but I am eager for that game when JT shoots 25 balls. To an average eye it seems that he is also taking a step back, just like Rozier and Brown. While I understand why is it happening with T-Ro, I would rather see our young player starting then Morris who is likely signing with other team next season. I don't see DA giving him Smart's kind of Money.   

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 07:59:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We won several games in a row and laid an egg the last game, and one wakes up to this "Sky is falling" mentality.

Horford and our bench played horribly, we were beat at our own game, I liked us when we played more physical and we are too finesse last night.  But I think it is too early for another team meeting.   It is a long season.

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 08:02:25 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

He is a better scorer then Brown, I'll give you that, but the question what I'm asking is do we really need his scoring in our starting lineup when we have Kyrie and Tatum in? I'll rather have Tatum shoot 25 shots then Morris having his own and Building his free agency value up. I don't Know about you guys but I am eager for that game when JT shoots 25 balls. To an average eye it seems that he is also taking a step back, just like Rozier and Brown. While I understand why is it happening with T-Ro, I would rather see our young player starting then Morris who is likely signing with other team next season. I don't see DA giving him Smart's kind of Money.

I don’t know if I want to have any player regularly taking 25 shots that would make us a one dimensional team. I prefer for them  to share the ball and the points around, but have players ready to take over depending on who has the best shot available.

Jayson seems to have taken a step back because I feel he is forcing things a little too much at times, so he’s taking more shots at the cost of his efficiency. I’d like Jaysons assist numbers to go up a bit as well, it makes him a much more dangerous player if he is able to facilitate for others as well as for himself.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 10:06:16 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Miami always gives the Cs fits. In a way, they play the same way the Cs did early in the Stevens era. They play hard, share the ball, and are super scrappy. Spoelstra is a good coach and is underrated.

That being said, poor effort last night. Puts a downer after 4 good games so far this month. But I get the sense that they might take it out on Orlando though. I believe Orlando beat the Cs up pretty good earlier in the year too so there might be revenge factor there.

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 10:08:55 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I was at a game last year where LeBron looked like he could put up 50 in the first half, his team got behind to the C's and then the 2nd half he just said screw it, I'm not playing and the C's won going away.  Then what happened in the playoffs?

If you've spent any amount of time following the NBA you realize that every team has nights where it's just not happening - 'schedule losses'.  The problem comes when you have too many of them. 

I'd only be concerned if they go out and lay another egg in Orlando.

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'm tired of reading excuses.  This team has a problem.  One of those problems is Jaylen's attitude.