Author Topic: Doc needs to tweak his system a little bit.  (Read 5645 times)

Re: Doc needs to tweak his system a little bit.
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Our current system has a very poor rhythm and it's very predictable. Our perimeter offense has been putrid because we're not making the defense work. If Rondo is going to hold the ball for as long as he is in our offense, then he needs to carry a bigger burden of our offense.

Our fg% from 10-15 feet, 16-23 feet and on threes are all above the league average. Exactly what do you mean by "Our perimeter offense has been putrid"?

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Our current system has a very poor rhythm and it's very predictable. Our perimeter offense has been putrid because we're not making the defense work. If Rondo is going to hold the ball for as long as he is in our offense, then he needs to carry a bigger burden of our offense.

Our fg% from 10-15 feet, 16-23 feet and on threes are all above the league average. Exactly what do you mean by "Our perimeter offense has been putrid"?

I am worried that our offense will regress to lower levels once our schedule is more balanced with solid defensive squads. But that's something we'll have to wait an see on.

(AKA playing the Wizards twice helps your offensive ratings)

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I'm mainly focusing on the three ball, and I guess putrid is a bit of an overstatement, but sorry if I'm not comfortable with "above average", then you see that we're 28th in the league in 3-point attempts, and you'll see where I'm coming from. Well our pace is slow, so we don't put as many shots as other teams... while true, consider that we're 27th in the league in percentage of shots taken vs total FG attempts.

We don't do enough to get our shooters open (or give them the ball when they are for that matter). While we want to get away from being a jump shooting team, fact of the matter is that we have some very dangerous 3-point shooters in our team, particularly from the corner, who aren't being used much in that capacity.

But that said, Lee has been shooting it poorly, but that goes back to these players not being in any sort of rhythm offensively because they're rarely touching the ball as it is, but the onus is on him to make the shots when given. He hasn't done it.

So in many regards, highly disappointed with our perimeter effort.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:59:31 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2012, 07:50:33 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
As for the 3 point problem.

Honestly I'd rather a couple of Bass's long two point shots turn into another swing pass to a 3 point shooter.

Right now with rondo when he drives he is looking to dump off inside or get an immediate assist whereas he could just drive and kick to a wing, who could then make another pass to a guy that's free. A LOT of open 3s seems to result from a drive and kick, then one extra perimeter swing pass.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2012, 08:00:14 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I think they are mis-using certain players honestly....

Terry- his strength is giving him the ball and letting him score. but they seem to be using him like Ray allen, just running off screens.

Jeff Green- they need to run plays to get him going to the basket instead of having him set screens/stretch the floor at the 3 point line.