Author Topic: Ideal fit for this season (ideas)  (Read 1419 times)

Ideal fit for this season (ideas)
« on: February 04, 2017, 10:22:27 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Stepping away from the typical trade talk I was thinking about the success the Cs have had with Jerebko starting. This made me to question the typical logic that this team at least needs to add a Bogut/Noel type rebounder/defender in order to make noise in the playoffs. What if rather then looking to add a 7' to anchor the paint and presumably upgrade Amirs current contribution DA goes the other way and adds a 4/3 to upgrade Jerebko and become the new starting PF? His contract isnt idea but the first player to come to mind was Wilson Chandler. Much like Harrison Barnes did the Warriors Chandler (or a player in that mold) brings enough height/length to the position to be competent on the boards while adding defensive versatility and court spacing. This versatility rather then the bulk inside may prove more valuable in winning playoffs games vs the Cavs.

Players who fit this Niche'
bold are ones I would like on the Cs for the right price
Wilson Chandler
Marvin Williams
James Johnson
Derrick Williams
Jeff Green
Ersan Ilyasova
Moe Harkless
Al-Farouq Aminu

Omri Casspi

If this type of player could be obtained without affecting the current rotation (using Zeller, Rozier and /or non Nets picks. I could see a rotation similar to the following.

PG IT 34m  Smart 14m
SG AB 30m Smart 14m Brown 4min
SF  Jae 30min JB 10m new player 8min
PF  new player 22min KO 26min
C  Al 33m Amir 15

Im not sure what a trade would look like but I had Chandler in mind when constructing this. As I said the length of his deal is problematic but he is demanding a trade on a team looking to make changes so its at least a possibility in a three team deal.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Ideal fit for this season (ideas)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think Ibakka or Bogut  on the very cheap makes sense.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 10:29:38 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think that, with Avery injured, Jaylen Brown has shown he deserves a lot more than 14 mpg. However, I like the bold players in terms of fit...but I'd prefer not to take additional salary after summer.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:43:59 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I don't think Bogut does.  He's unlikely to be healthy, and when he has been healthy, it's not clear that he's any good at this point.  Bogut has only played in 3 of the last 11 games, and it's probably not a complete coincidence that Dallas has gone 8-3 over that span, with one of their losses coming in Bogut's only start.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 10:46:38 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
The success of the team with Jerebko playing in place of Johnson has more to do with how little Johnson is doing than how good Jerebko is doing.  I don't think you can extrapolate this to come to the conclusion that we are better with a tweener than a real PF or C.

I think we need a veteran big on a short-ish contract and we will be a pretty good team for the next couple of seasons with IT and Horford.  I didn't see the MIL game Saturday but didn't Monroe look pretty good?  I think Monroe would be a much better fit than say Marvin Williams.  Obaka would probably be good as well.  Bogut isn't even playing yet so I am not sure he would be much help.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 10:58:14 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I have read Alex Len of Phx maybe available. Kosta K of Sacremento too. Varejeo was just cut by GSW I would cut Young for him. iMO
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 11:10:07 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I have read Alex Len of Phx maybe available. Kosta K of Sacremento too. Varejeo was just cut by GSW I would cut Young for him. iMO

Is Alex Len any better than Tyler Zeller?  I am not sure he would be much help.  I have the same impression of Kosta.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 11:14:28 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

I don't think the general consensus that Bogut will be available very cheap at the deadline necessarily holds true anymore - the "race" for the 8th spot in the West has been so weak that Dallas is only 2 and a half games out of the playoffs after their recent hot streak, and you know Cuban is going to want to send Dirk out with a playoff series (the extra couple million that comes from hosting at least two playoff games wouldn't hurt either). If you can give them a piece or two that helps them chase a postseason berth then sure, he could be had just like any other player, but there probably isn't going to be the expected fire-sale of Bogut for a second-rounder anymore. There are no indications that Ibaka would be very cheap in any scenario.