Author Topic: Wait...so Atlanta beat Boston in last year's playoffs?  (Read 5973 times)

Re: Wait...so Atlanta beat Boston in last year's playoffs?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 02:47:07 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
On NBA.tv last night GP and C.Webb kept bragging about Kobe and the Lakers so much  even A.Rashard got a little tired of it.GP towards the end of their segment brought up the Xmas day game aganist the Lakers,and express how much Kobe and team (quote GP)"can't wait to get revenge" ...Armard said,its only one game(win or lose) ,how is that getting revenge on the Celtics,and its only Dec.fellas not June .C.Webb(beavers) and GP(butthead) face dropped to the flr.after that statement.Same thing applies to the Hawks game,its only one game,not a series or the playoffs.

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
The Hawks are like a middle of the road Boxer calling out the champ, he knows he can't beat him, but if he calls him out he at least gets the chance to be on the big stage. The boxer analogy concludes with the contender getting knocked out, early.

Unless the boxer is Hasim Rahman and the defending champ is an overweight and complacent Lennox Lewis. In which case, the challenger takes it down. However, in the rematch, Lewis knocks him out so badly that you almost feel sorry for the guy. Kinda like that playoff series last year...

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 03:08:45 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
On NBA.tv last night GP and C.Webb kept bragging about Kobe and the Lakers so much  even A.Rashard got a little tired of it.GP towards the end of their segment brought up the Xmas day game aganist the Lakers,and express how much Kobe and team (quote GP)"can't wait to get revenge" ...Armard said,its only one game(win or lose) ,how is that getting revenge on the Celtics,and its only Dec.fellas not June .C.Webb(beavers) and GP(butthead) face dropped to the flr.after that statement.Same thing applies to the Hawks game,its only one game,not a series or the playoffs.

I can't even watch those goons anymore, constant slurping all over the lakers, and I cant understand why, you think Webber would hate the Lakers after his days with the Kings, but obviously not.
anyways, if we lose that christmas game the lakers will be declared champs by the media and fans, book it
Webber has already picked the Hawks to beat us in the playoffs as well
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 05:38:27 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Say what you want about these guys, but I think NBA TV made a good call when they chose them as analysts. This year I've seen as much talk about Webber and GP as I've seen about Barkley and the TNT guys, and last year no one was saying anything about NBA TV.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 05:54:45 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
^^^ Yes. Those guys are amusing. Boston fans need to learn to embrace the hate. Charles has been sticking up for the C's this year - hence no BUZZ.

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 05:57:47 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Haha.  "Rivalry renewed?"  When were the Hawks and Celtics ever rivals?  Maybe Bird and Dominique (perhaps in Dominique's mind), but not the Hawks and the Celts.
And don't forget Tree Rollins vs the fightin' mormon

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 06:11:12 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I find the video funny too. However I can understand it from a Hawks marketing perspective. That said here's to us blowing them out.