Author Topic: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas  (Read 34242 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2023, 09:04:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Saw this on twitter and laughed out loud!

MIA In:  Tatum, Brogdan

POR In:  Brown, Smart, RWill

BOS In:  #3 Pick, Anfernee Simons, Tyler Hero, Nassir Little, Bam

#facepalm
Vomit worthy
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2023, 11:13:38 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

#facepalm
Vomit worthy
I mean I've seen some bad ones but that is amazing for its terribleness.  Miami gets Tatum and Brogdon for Bam and Herro.  Portland gets Brown, Smart, and Rob for Simons, Little, and 3.  Both of those are horrible alone, but combining them, just wow. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2023, 11:18:11 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
3 team trade.  Not sure the value is right for Toronto

Boston - Siakam, Simons
Portland - Brown
Toronto - Smart, Gallinari, Little, #3
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2023, 11:36:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
3 team trade.  Not sure the value is right for Toronto

Boston - Siakam, Simons
Portland - Brown
Toronto - Smart, Gallinari, Little, #3

I’ve proposed variations of this before. I think that’s about right, though a 2nd rounder or two may be needed. But the number three pick and Little  for Siakam with one year left seems about right.

« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2023, 11:38:55 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

#facepalm
Vomit worthy

Tatum likely has a top 5 highest trade value in the league right now (some order of Giannis, Jokic, #1/Wemby, Doncic, and Tatum). I don’t think that package is worth it for Tatum alone, let alone Brown, Smart, Timelord, and Brogdon, too.

« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2023, 11:51:30 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Brown for
Green Smith no 3 no 20 and a future pick
Use the picks for scoot and lively

« Reply #201 on: June 09, 2023, 05:52:59 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
So here's an interesting thought experiment - kicked off solely on the fact that his personal life seems to be leaking all over the place, his team might want to move on, and the trade technically works as a 1:1 swap - what about Brown for Williamson?

Let's also assume for sake of argument that Zion is not inescapably trending toward eating his way out of the league on the Dwight Howard diet.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #202 on: June 09, 2023, 07:41:29 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
So here's an interesting thought experiment - kicked off solely on the fact that his personal life seems to be leaking all over the place, his team might want to move on, and the trade technically works as a 1:1 swap - what about Brown for Williamson?

Let's also assume for sake of argument that Zion is not inescapably trending toward eating his way out of the league on the Dwight Howard diet.

Brown for Zion? Yeah I’d do that trade. Idk if NOP will but I mean, Brown is a legit All-NBA talent. NOP could form their own Tatum-Brown combo with Ingram-Brown.

Meanwhile, C’s get a monster of a big man (with health issues, fine) who is an absolute workhorse and fits in the team ethos. Sure he doesn’t shoot threes but Zion has a lot of talent and would play well with Tatum and our other ball-heavy guards.
- LilRip

« Reply #203 on: June 09, 2023, 08:17:03 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
How about Brown for KAT and Slo Mo? I feel like Slo Mo would fit really well here because the C’s generally like their do-it-all players. And yeah, it really becomes Tatum’s team. No more 1A 1B. KAT will fall in line behind Tatum, and hopefully maximize his impact on the court
- LilRip

« Reply #204 on: June 09, 2023, 08:48:11 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
How about Brown for KAT and Slo Mo? I feel like Slo Mo would fit really well here because the C’s generally like their do-it-all players. And yeah, it really becomes Tatum’s team. No more 1A 1B. KAT will fall in line behind Tatum, and hopefully maximize his impact on the court

That trade doesn't work as the Celtics would be taking back $13.4M more in salary.  We would have to send out Pritchard and Muscala or some other combination of offsetting salary.

Still a potentially workable deal.  I like the deal for the Celtics (even though it still adds $5.8M in salary) but not sure MIN would do it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 08:53:25 AM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #205 on: June 09, 2023, 08:50:40 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

Brown for Zion? Yeah I’d do that trade. Idk if NOP will but I mean, Brown is a legit All-NBA talent. NOP could form their own Tatum-Brown combo with Ingram-Brown.

Meanwhile, C’s get a monster of a big man (with health issues, fine) who is an absolute workhorse and fits in the team ethos. Sure he doesn’t shoot threes but Zion has a lot of talent and would play well with Tatum and our other ball-heavy guards.

Ingram-Williamson is a better combo than Ingram-Brown so I don't see the value in this trade for NOP, unless they feel Zion is shot and in that case, the Celtics don't want any part of him.

« Reply #206 on: June 09, 2023, 09:21:25 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

It's an offer that would at least take a few moments to think about, but ultimately, I'm not taking that risk.  Zion looks more like an NFL DT than he does a basketball player, and he's got chronic injury issues.  I've never bought into the "next Lebron" hype, though.

He may very well but up an MVP season in his career, but he's also going to have a lot of years where he misses 40+ games.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #207 on: June 09, 2023, 10:09:41 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

It's an offer that would at least take a few moments to think about, but ultimately, I'm not taking that risk.  Zion looks more like an NFL DT than he does a basketball player, and he's got chronic injury issues.  I've never bought into the "next Lebron" hype, though.

He may very well but up an MVP season in his career, but he's also going to have a lot of years where he misses 40+ games.

To clarify on Zion, he has career averages of 25.8 pts, 60.5% FG%, 34.3 3P%, 7.0 rebs, 3.6 assists 2.9 TO, in 114 games.  That is really good for a 22 year old.  A potential first team all-NBA big who can do it all.  That best possible version of Zion is more valuable than Brown.  And would be a better complement to Tatum.  Unfortunately that is only 114 games out of a total of 246 games.  Only 46% of games.  There is a huge risk with his durability.  Trading Brown for him would be a huge risk that the Celtics just don't need to take.  And it would not make any sense for NOP to sell low on him right now.  They need to get him back on the court and see what they have with him.  They could be a really good team, just as they are.

« Reply #208 on: June 09, 2023, 10:17:37 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

To clarify on Zion, he has career averages of 25.8 pts, 60.5% FG%, 34.3 3P%, 7.0 rebs, 3.6 assists 2.9 TO, in 114 games.  That is really good for a 22 year old.  A potential first team all-NBA big who can do it all.  That best possible version of Zion is more valuable than Brown.  And would be a better complement to Tatum.  Unfortunately that is only 114 games out of a total of 246 games.  Only 46% of games.  There is a huge risk with his durability.  Trading Brown for him would be a huge risk that the Celtics just don't need to take.  And it would not make any sense for NOP to sell low on him right now.  They need to get him back on the court and see what they have with him.  They could be a really good team, just as they are.

There are a million reasons why New Orleans would never go for this trade, but that's true of pretty much every trade proposed on any message board ever. Presuming the Pelicans did agree to a 1:1 swap, how do you feel about it? Do you swap Brown's even-keeled performance for the highs and lows of putting Williamson on the squad?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #209 on: June 09, 2023, 10:34:03 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

There are a million reasons why New Orleans would never go for this trade, but that's true of pretty much every trade proposed on any message board ever. Presuming the Pelicans did agree to a 1:1 swap, how do you feel about it? Do you swap Brown's even-keeled performance for the highs and lows of putting Williamson on the squad?

I thought I was pretty clear.  No.  Too much risk.  The Celtics don't need to take that kind of risk.  Some other team may be in a place where they have more appetite for that kind of risk but it makes no sense for the Celtics to take that risk.