Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)  (Read 18185 times)

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2024, 10:13:30 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1468
Porzingis had a calf injury earlier in the year as well, but it was his left. This was from December:

Porzingis, who has yet to fully recover from a left calf strain he sustained one month ago, will sit out Saturday’s game with a left ankle sprain. He suffered his latest ailment against the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday when he rolled his ankle after landing awkwardly on another player.

Porzingis finished that game, but the Celtics presumably want to give the 28-year-old’s left leg some extra rest.

Prior to experiencing his latest injury, Porzingis told reporters that the team was being careful with him in terms of sprinkling in rest days as he healed up from his calf strain.

“It’s just I think the medical staff is taking a more cautious approach, especially the first couple weeks coming back from the calf,” Porzingis said on Dec. 17. “But they know my stance: I want to play in every game they allow me. But of course, they want to be smart with me and my health. Make sure I’m here for the long picture.” Porzingis, who has yet to fully recover from a left calf strain he sustained one month ago, will sit out Saturday’s game with a left ankle sprain. He suffered his latest ailment against the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday when he rolled his ankle after landing awkwardly on another player.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2024, 11:41:29 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
2nd round matchup with CLE goes from a home run to a 50-50 series without Porzingis.

A 2nd round matchup with ORL goes from a home run to a 60-40 BOS advantage without Porzingis.

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2024, 11:44:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
my worry is we need him healthy for a ECF and finals run

I think the 2nd round matchup will be tougher than the ECF matchup. Especially if it is Cleveland. I am not that worried about NY or Indy. I am more confident of beating either of those two teams without Porzingis than I am of Cleveland.

Cleveland is the real threat now. They are the biggest roadblock to BOS making the Finals and they are the opponent Porzingis is most likely to be unavailable for.

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2024, 11:45:50 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1468
2nd round matchup with CLE goes from a home run to a 50-50 series without Porzingis.

A 2nd round matchup with ORL goes from a home run to a 60-40 BOS advantage without Porzingis.

Think the odds are a bit better than that.

The Boston Celtics had a 21-4 record without Kristaps Porzingis this season.

StatMuse
https://www.statmuse.com › ask
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2024, 11:48:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

StatMuse

I wouldn't put much stock in that. I think BOS goes from clear separation back to the rest of the trailing pack without Porzingis. Porzingis (or one our other stars) is the separating factor. That piece that gives us an edge over the rest of the East. Without him, it is back to being a dog-fight.

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2024, 11:48:46 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1013

StatMuse

Playoffs are a different animal and assume probably half of those wins were against sub .500 teams lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2024, 11:51:01 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
my worry is we need him healthy for a ECF and finals run

I think the 2nd round matchup will be tougher than the ECF matchup. Especially if it is Cleveland. I am not that worried about NY or Indy. I am more confident of beating either of those two teams without Porzingis than I am of Cleveland.

Cleveland is the real threat now. They are the biggest roadblock to BOS making the Finals and they are the opponent Porzingis is most likely to be unavailable for.

Ahhhh I don't know about that now. The Bucks just blew out the Pacers in an elimination game, and they'll get a healthy Giannis back eventually. Pacers should feel dispirited and demoralized and likely lose Game 6. Healthy Giannis and Dame would give the Celtics problems (esp without KP) in the ECF. If the C's get past the second round.

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2024, 12:48:41 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397

Cleveland with both Allen and Mobley would be a lot for Horford and I guess kornet

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2024, 02:50:52 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Cleveland with both Allen and Mobley would be a lot for Horford and I guess kornet

Joe ought to start playing Tillman and Queta more. Throw some bodies in there for sakes. Give them some reps.

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2024, 03:36:13 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1400
This is where we have to have faith in our entire team. We've been fortunate so far and while this sucks, it's not the end of the world. I know we as Cs fans have been mentally scarred by injuries robbing us of chances at championships, injuries are a reality in the NBA. Look at the Bucks (Giannis, Dame), Clippers (Kawhi), Cleveland (Allen, Wade), Dallas (Hardaway Jr), Indiana (Mathurin), NY (Randle, Bogdanovic), and Miami (Buckets, Rozier, Richardson, Jaquez). We just have to roll with it and trust in the backups we have.

That said, it's also true that the healthiest teams tend to be the most successful, and Denver have been very lucky so far  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2024, 05:52:27 AM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 373
cavs are not on the same level as boston. even if KP is injured.  ::)

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2024, 05:55:18 AM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 373
https://x.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1785505783297212479

Was told by several sources today that the lack of a definitive timeline for Porzingis’s return was due to the fact that the team just doesn’t know yet.

They’ll be cautious and see how he responds to treatment, but no one is viewing this as a season-ending injury.

for all the doom and gloomers

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2024, 06:22:04 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 184

Was told by several sources today that the lack of a definitive timeline for Porzingis’s return was due to the fact that the team just doesn’t know yet.

They’ll be cautious and see how he responds to treatment, but no one is viewing this as a season-ending injury.

I don’t see much good news in this? Celtics always try to act like injuries aren’t that serious when in fact they usually are.
This is all very vague and not giving anything other then “probably not out for the season”
Also all the over confidence from people acting like our biggest difference maker going down 4 games into the playoffs isn’t a big deal?
Idk maybe the Celtics want to start actually playing well, cause as of now they absolutely aren’t they are just lucky to be playing a decimated Heat team that would lose to most g league teams.

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2024, 06:26:17 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1400

I don’t see much good news in this? Celtics always try to act like injuries aren’t that serious when in fact they usually are.
This is all very vague and not giving anything other then “probably not out for the season”
Also all the over confidence from people acting like our biggest difference maker going down 4 games into the playoffs isn’t a big deal?
Idk maybe the Celtics want to start actually playing well, cause as of now they absolutely aren’t they are just lucky to be playing a decimated Heat team that would lose to most g league teams.

I guess, like in life, there are positive people and negative people, and certainly both are entitled to feel the way they do...the doom and gloomers might not want to be hurt again by putting their faith in a team that has failed them every year, while those people trying to be positive might have bad things going on elsewhere in their lives, nothing to get excited about and this is their one ray of hope they're trying to cling to...that our overrated, injury riddled team of chokers might be able to pull it off this year  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2024, 06:30:02 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar
I've heard Mazzulla is personally going to amputate both of KP's legs. And his hands. It's all over. See you next year.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.