Author Topic: AD is on another level  (Read 8210 times)

Re: AD is on another level
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2019, 04:42:27 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
People need to stop using the term, “throw so and so away”.  If we trade Tatum (or anyone else on this team) for Davis it’s anything but throwing them away.

Hahaha....

Its actually like Alita, when she got her Berserker  body...thats AD for us.

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2019, 06:32:44 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I doubt those performances happen if he becomes a celtic.

Irving needs usage, horford needs usage and hayward needs usage. Not alot of ball to go around

tell that to the Warriors....LOL

Usage is overrated. If we do get AD, him and Kyrie will be the main offensive weapon. Al will definitely be happy taking a backseat.
Hayward will be back to being himself and you know him, he likes to play as a jack of all trades kinda guy that will only step up when Kyrie and/or AD misses time due to rest or injury...

Tell that to a team that has a couple of the greatest shooters of all time on it?

Horford is his most effective when a being a part the offense, Kyrie is he leagues best iso player, Davis require very high usage.

Its will make in impact on every team, outside of that 1 anomaly of a team that is constructed so uniquely that it works.

Adding Davis to this team does not make the Celtics the Warriors

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2019, 06:43:33 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I doubt those performances happen if he becomes a celtic.

Irving needs usage, horford needs usage and hayward needs usage. Not alot of ball to go around

tell that to the Warriors....LOL

Usage is overrated. If we do get AD, him and Kyrie will be the main offensive weapon. Al will definitely be happy taking a backseat.
Hayward will be back to being himself and you know him, he likes to play as a jack of all trades kinda guy that will only step up when Kyrie and/or AD misses time due to rest or injury...

Tell that to a team that has a couple of the greatest shooters of all time on it?

Horford is his most effective when a being a part the offense, Kyrie is he leagues best iso player, Davis require very high usage.

Its will make in impact on every team, outside of that 1 anomaly of a team that is constructed so uniquely that it works.

Adding Davis to this team does not make the Celtics the Warriors

He never said adding Davis makes us the Warriors.  His point is the warriors have a bunch of high usage players brought together and it works fine.
KG, Allen and Pierce came together and it was a total success.  Prior to that, they were all high usage 1 man shows in their day because they had to be.  There was no other choice.  They came together and it worked out fine.  Good players adapt and work together.  We would be fine adding another star and the only reason we’re having trouble now is because the guys are young and immature and it’s causing chemistry issues.  Last year Cousins came to NO and Davis had absolutely no trouble whatsoever deferring a bit and working together and they were successful. 

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2019, 07:06:45 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Here's the thing, though.

If we DON'T trade for AD and leave the team AS IS - where does THAT leave us?

Would Jaylen be content coming off the bench for the rest of his career? Not fair to him - he has the talent to start on most teams out there.

Same with Jayson...with his star shining so brightly shouldn't he get the opportunity to be the face of another team?

If we keep this team AS IS - can they achieve greatness?

Do we keep GH in a bench role - even though he is CLEARLY trending back to his All-Star level play?

We've got a log-jam here....a critical point in this team's future.

Now - "IF" this team somehow goes on to win Banner 18 THIS YEAR - my argument is a bit moot. I've been wrong before and I'd own it if I were wrong again.

But for the time being you make this trade for Anthony Davis...just my take.

So we're just chopped-liver now? We're one of the few best teams in the league and you don't see that's BECAUSE of Tatum, JB and Smart.

I know y'all can't see that because you're too busy looking at their weaknesses to see their strengths. JB looks more like the second coming of Kobe than any player in the league right now, and he's the one that's given the most crap.

All of y'all have watched the league for years, so I don't know why y'all think 2nd and 3rd year players are peak.  It is never that way.

AD, Gordon and Kyrie are not beating the Warriors...cause that's all you're gonna be able to afford with this direction you wanna go.
Second coming of Kobe??? Seriously? I like our young guys too, but no wonder why other team's fans call Celtics fans delusional. As for the last part, I would take prime AD, prime Kyrie, and Brad Stevens over any other team in the league right now (including our own).

I am for the youth movement but JB aint no Kobe.

Kobe wasn't no Kobe in his third year...that's my point.

Oh yes he was... you better go back and look. Kobe was Kobe his first year in the league.

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2019, 07:08:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Would Jaylen be content coming off the bench for the rest of his career? Not fair to him - he has the talent to start on most teams out there.

Same with Jayson...with his star shining so brightly shouldn't he get the opportunity to be the face of another team?

Do we keep GH in a bench role - even though he is CLEARLY trending back to his All-Star level play?

Now - "IF" this team somehow goes on to win Banner 18 THIS YEAR - my argument is a bit moot. I've been wrong before and I'd own it if I were wrong again.

So we're just chopped-liver now? We're one of the few best teams in the league and you don't see that's BECAUSE of Tatum, JB and Smart.

I know y'all can't see that because you're too busy looking at their weaknesses to see their strengths. JB looks more like the second coming of Kobe than any player in the league right now, and he's the one that's given the most crap.

All of y'all have watched the league for years, so I don't know why y'all think 2nd and 3rd year players are peak.  It is never that way.

AD, Gordon and Kyrie are not beating the Warriors...cause that's all you're gonna be able to afford with this direction you wanna go.
Second coming of Kobe??? Seriously? I like our young guys too, but no wonder why other team's fans call Celtics fans delusional. As for the last part, I would take prime AD, prime Kyrie, and Brad Stevens over any other team in the league right now (including our own).

Kobe was a 20/5/4 guy who would’ve been a 2 time All-Star had he been able. And he was a year younger than JB at the same stage of their career. Not even slightly comparable
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 10:27:44 PM by gouki88 »
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2019, 08:41:59 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Oh yes he was... you better go back and look. Kobe was Kobe his first year in the league.

Kobe was out of high school, young and light in the butt. His game looked Jordanish and was recognized for it, but everyone knew he wouldn't be a game-changer until later.

He wasn't even better than me back then. Stop it :)

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2019, 08:49:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Kobe was out of high school, young and light in the butt. His game looked Jordanish and was recognized for it, but everyone knew he wouldn't be a game-changer until later.

He was literally already an All-Star at the stage of his career you’re referring to.

Sounds like a game changer to me.

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2019, 09:00:51 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Adding Anthony Davis to the Celts makes the Celts better than the Warriors.

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2019, 09:08:24 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

without trading anyone...sure

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2019, 09:10:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

without trading anyone...sure
If we keep Kyrie, Hayward, and 2 of Brown/Smart/Horford/Tatum then I think we would be regardless

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2019, 09:13:44 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Keep in mind the warriors will most likely be losing KD next year and will definitely be losing Cousins.

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2019, 09:31:43 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
I'd love AD.  But I am not sure I gut the C's youth to get him.  If it is me I only include 1 of Smart, JB and JT.  I do not include KI, GH, or AH.  It would take a full gut of the rest of the roster to match salary.  If we can sign a MLE guy from buyout market that would sure help.  Do we get to use already drafted rookies salary slot to match with?  If so it is doable.  If we have to take more than 1 of the 6 listed above I don't do it.  INclude all the draft picks they want if we can keep 5 of those 6 guys...
No one player isn't worth the future, escepially without a longer term deal.

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2019, 09:42:31 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

He was literally already an All-Star at the stage of his career you’re referring to.

What year do you think Kobe came out? You realize he was 18 out of high school with players like Eddie Jones ahead of him? You realize Jones and other players were real good right?

You really think he had 20 points a game his rookie year? No wonder I'm having such a hard time understanding.

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2019, 10:06:19 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
And no, he didn't change much cause I didn't worry about LA until Shaq got there.

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2019, 10:07:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

What year do you think Kobe came out? You realize he was 18 out of high school with players like Eddie Jones ahead of him? You realize Jones and other players were real good right?

You really think he had 20 points a game his rookie year? No wonder I'm having such a hard time understanding.
Kobe made the all star game his 2nd year in the league and the only reason he didn't his 3rd year was it was the 50 game season and there was no all star game. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip