Author Topic: Knicks fans want us in the 1st round  (Read 5487 times)

Re: Knicks fans want us in the 1st round
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 10:22:33 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 184
I find that rather stupid and overconfident of them.

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 10:29:58 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
That is surprising. I think the C's are the toughest team for NY to play against. The team they should want to avoid.

Oh, it probably has something due to the two recent wins the Knicks had against Boston. But those Boston teams were seriously short-handed, if NY fans think they are indicative of how a playoff series would go they are fooling themselves.
I'm sure the fans also want revenge for the first round loss they took two years ago.

Lol yeah it's embarrassing to get swept.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 10:35:04 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
of course they do.  we have doninated the atlantic division for the last 5 years. they have a good team and they think they can finally take down the mighty celts. plus its the whole ny/bos rivalry.

i say bring'em on.  i like our chances.  and also like being the "underdog" and a crafty veteran team :)

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 10:40:12 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Knick fans are so cute. I love how they "Want us" and they are all big and bad but yet we have some key players out, and they seek revenge. Laughable and to be honest they don't scare me one bit. The only team that still scares me is the heat. And I still and yet to see a legit reason to think otherwise. If we have KG healthy and go with a lineup of.

AB
Pierce
Green
Bass
KG

That will cause the knicks problems. I would love to oust the Knicks because they think they really can win it all and to see them out in the 1st round would be beautiful.

Also my brother and dad are knick fans so wouldn't mind that either.

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 10:45:57 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
bring it on melo :) this series would be fun

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 10:47:50 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Also if this Celtics team ever got really hot for a few games and i mean as our outside shooting goes. We could light teams up. I mean i have yet to see a night really where Pierce Terry Lee Green and even AB have all had good shooting nights. And i am not saying everyone needs 20 points. But Terry be like 4-5 from downtown AB 3-5 from down town and so on. This team is very capable of that.

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 10:59:09 AM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
A team that has won 0 playoff series since 2000 shouldn't be overconfident against anybody. :P

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
It would be a good series.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 11:07:29 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
A team that has won 0 playoff series since 2000 shouldn't be overconfident against anybody. :P
Neither should the C's down Rondo and playing as poorly as they have been the past two weeks.

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
What a coincidence, I want the Knicks too.  Much better than getting roughed up by the Pacers for 2 weeks.

Not at all surprised that Knicks fans would be so cocky - after all their team has won 1 playoff game in the last 12 years, so they're clearly ready for a title.

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 11:11:51 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I think they're just gassed up from tha 2 previous wins. In any round tha Knicks would not beat tha Celtics. They have a good team but I don't think they know how to win yet. Even New York native Stephen A. Smith would tell you that. I don't even think tha Knicks have been past tha 1st round since 99-00.

I won't deny that they have a good team and coach but I will deny them success against tha Celtics. I still don't see tha Knicks getting past them in tha 1st, 2nd, or ECF. With Rondo and Sully out they may think they have a better chance but this team has something to fight for. And they feel they can beat anyone at their best and I would agree. When you have a coach like Doc and players like Pierce and KG that will not allow this team to fold against anyone, they can be hard to beat. 

Be careful what you wish for Knick fans. Tha Celtics turn up in tha playoffs and that 3 point line won't save you. 
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 11:12:55 AM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
They talk tough because KG and Rondo are out?  ::)

Even if they do get past us, I don't expect them to get past Indiana, or certainly even put up a fight against Miami at full strength.

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 11:22:56 AM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Be careful what you wish for Knick fans. Tha Celtics turn up in tha playoffs and that 3 point line won't save you.

ya thats a factor that i think some knick fans are forgetting. take the 3-point shot away from the knicks, and u have a 2 man team with melo and smith. the knicks are not gonna be shooting 14+ threes for 4 games in a playoff series against the celtics.

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 11:54:43 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I want the 8th seed. Get Miami in the first. Going to have to go through them eventually. Might as well be when we're fresh-ish.

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
bring it on melo :) this series would be fun

I see what you did there. I must say LaLa is a bad mamma jamma tho.
Loyalty Is Royalty