Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 120135 times)

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Brown
Rozier
Morris
Yabusele
Nader
2019 Kings Pick 

Makes the most sense for the Celtics but it’s something that I would have to think long and hard about if I were the GM.

I like but don’t love Rozier so I wouldn’t lose any sleep over trading him.  I’m not confident at all that Yabusele will be an above average NBA player.  Nader is pretty bad for an NBA player and Morris is good sometimes but it’s not that big of a deal if he wasn’t on the team next year.  The 2019 Kings Pick is just house money since we got the best player in the draft with that trade anyways.

The only thing that would sting is losing Jaylen Brown who I love as a player.  I think he is going to be an all-star.  Giving him up for a rents would really really suck.

The starting lineup of

Kyrie
Gordon
Kawhi
Jayson
Al

Is sensational and we would still be able to bring back Marcus Smart and Aron Baynes plus Theis so our bench wouldn’t even be that bad.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:10:42 PM by CELTICSofBOSTON »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Brown
Rozier
Morris
Yabusele
Nader
2019 Kings Pick 

Makes the most sense for the Celtics but it’s something that I would have to think long and hard about if I were the GM.

Yeah, putting Nader in there really makes me hesitate

:laugh:

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
My offer:
Offer a salary match(Smart S&T, Rozier, Yabu, Morris, Nader)+ALL our picks needed to a point that beat out any other team(or at least Laker/Sixer offer) to get Kawhi

By this move you got KI+Brown+Kawhi+Gordon+Tatum+AL with Stevens riding the ship so you:

1.At the very least have a very high chance to get 1 champ next year, even if the injury bug strike again on 1 or even 2 star player, you still has 3.5

2.Pushs Lebron out of East(and Philly), knowing he can’t compete against us, at the same time stop the Lakers to form a super team,also the Warriors won't be the same after next year(more so if they lose), means there won't be any Ultra super team in our way to champ

3.LBJ and PG then almost guaranteed to go to the lakers, so the lakers can’t sign Kawhi next year, at the same time making us to have significant more chance to keep him, because it will be a cake walk to finals and at least 7:3 chance to win champ every year, thats the way you succeed either for your legay or money-endorsement , by winning, alot.

With that starting lineup and Coach you literally don’t need any draft picks, it will be more than enough to pickup minimun players/europers/ring chasers for the bench.

Even if "worst case" KI and Kawhi for some reason wont sign extensions you still have year 3 Brown and year 2 Tatum plus Hayward as big 3 plus AL(paycut) to contend for now and years to come(with no ultra super team in the league)

If KI and/or Kawhi agree to extensiton you can trade one of Kawhi/KI/Hayward or more likely Tatum/Brown for top picks to reload if you can't afford the tax after their rookie deal ends

For the Spurs:
Spurs will not get a star back for Kawhi, even if they do it will be a lesser star so they still can’t compete with Warrios/Rockets, and Pop/Parker/Ginubili/LMA don’t have so many years to Reload, so why not take as many pick as possible , with also trading LMA they are set for a great rebuild

Players like Saric/Roco means nothing but minus if they go rebuild, also will not be easy to get first rounders for them at this time

Players like Ingran/Kuzma/Fultz (who have star potential) will leave the moment they have a chance, just like Kawhi/Hayward/PG

Their only way is to draft their own stars like their big 3/Thunder big 3, and thats also why they are very good at scout/draft ,even for late rounders

They take the tons of picks from us and suck and get their own top 3 picks, hire a youndg competent coach and go the Celtic way of smooth, exciting rebuild.

Last, if King/Suns are stupid enough to offer their top pick which may trump our offer, then at least we assure Laker and Sixers can't form a super team.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:17:01 PM by playdream »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Brown
Rozier
Morris
Yabusele
Nader
2019 Kings Pick 

Yeah, putting Nader in there really makes me hesitate

:laugh:

I know right !!  ;D

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
These trades where we send all stars or future all stars and future high picks and good rotation players for Kawhi are hilarious

Just trade ideas that are risky, no doubt about it.   

Who can slow down/stop Lebron or Durant?  There is only one guy in the league that can do this. Leonard
I missed that this year.

Are you kidding?

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Getting Kawhi ,

prevents him going to team up with Lebron    and puts Brown who is going to be a star soon , on a Western team NOt named the Warriors or Lakers .

Celtics can compete against any two ...of Lebron  Paul George or Kawhi ...

BUT NOT all three on the same team .....thats at least GS power or slightly more.

Basically I want Kawhi to go ANYwHERE. Lebron is NOT .     

Since Lebrons Son Bronny is scheduled to play high school ball out in LA area ....with Pippens son ,  i think is 99 % done deal he is playing for Lakers .  He can move his money grubbing career ahead ,  life there and take care of his family as a unit in a house he already owns.

If One of Kawhi or Pg go to lakers , they will be Competitive, but not unbeatable , and it will take at least two years to put the deal together to work smooth. Bron has to install HIS peoples , coaches and system and train a coach to do as he is told.

All three wind up there ...thats a problem.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
These trades where we send all stars or future all stars and future high picks and good rotation players for Kawhi are hilarious

Just trade ideas that are risky, no doubt about it.   

Who can slow down/stop Lebron or Durant?  There is only one guy in the league that can do this. Leonard
I missed that this year.

In case you forgot

Leonard lock down D on Lebron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APGlNxSvODw

Leonard lock down D on Durant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro9l54XgxD0

And for dessert. Leonard lock down D on Westbrook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH9KDox2KqA

And for after meal booze. Leonard lockdown D vs NBA All stars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEgRp_7iDY8

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Getting Kawhi ,

prevents him going to team up with Lebron    and puts Brown who is going to be a star soon , on a Western team NOt named the Warriors or Lakers .

Celtics can compete against any two ...of Lebron  Paul George or Kawhi ...

BUT NOT all three on the same team .....thats at least GS power or slightly more.

Basically I want Kawhi to go ANYwHERE. Lebron is NOT .     

Since Lebrons Son Bronny is scheduled to play high school ball out in LA area ....with Pippens son ,  i think is 99 % done deal he is playing for Lakers .  He can move his money grubbing career ahead ,  life there and take care of his family as a unit in a house he already owns.

If One of Kawhi or Pg go to lakers , they will be Competitive, but not unbeatable , and it will take at least two years to put the deal together to work smooth. Bron has to install HIS peoples , coaches and system and train a coach to do as he is told.

All three wind up there ...thats a problem.

I agree. Huge problem

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Reading on another forum ..... the Celts have so much depth that they could probably get both Leonard and Davis (and be front runners)

What a job Ainge has done  ;D

Re: Are C's even on Kawhi's List?
« Reply #279 on: June 16, 2018, 08:37:13 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
He wants to go home...  Lakers or Clippers..

« Reply #280 on: June 16, 2018, 08:55:19 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
At this stage it makes no sense to trade young pieces for Kawhi and have two starters that could potentially walk at the end of the year... plus he plays a position already filled by an all star

« Reply #281 on: June 16, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
Lets face it the media lie. Look at what they do to the Pats. They are really trying to push people to LA even though LA sucks. Trust me no star wants to go to lousy team to rebuild even if it is their home town.

« Reply #282 on: June 16, 2018, 09:54:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think he stays in San Antonio

Too much money on the table

« Reply #283 on: June 17, 2018, 01:18:55 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
I'm not even concerned about the one-year rental. I'm concerned he might not put up his pre-injury all-star stats again considering that he hasn't played for a majority of last season.

He's got that diva attitude written all over him now, so he should go there. He wants to be in the big spotlight and wants to enjoy the hot weather, beaches, and Hollywood. That's where he belongs.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2018, 01:29:45 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'm not even concerned about the one-year rental. I'm concerned he might not put up his pre-injury all-star stats again considering that he hasn't played for a majority of last season.

He's got that diva attitude written all over him now, so he should go there. He wants to be in the big spotlight and wants to enjoy the hot weather, beaches, and Hollywood. That's where he belongs.
100% agreed about injury and attitude concerns