Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 120889 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2018, 06:00:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think I like our team better without him.  Whose is the ballhander if we get him?   Who is going to the bench?

No promise to stay but reasons why Ainge risks to trade for Leonard (poll)
« Reply #256 on: June 16, 2018, 11:36:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No promise to stay but reasons why Ainge risks to trade for Leonard

1.  Leonard won't be eligible for a supermax but will be eligible for the next best thing. A 5 year 188 million max , only with the team that trades for him this upcoming season.  Celtics would hold the key

2. While Buford and Popovich are in your face type management (doesn't matter if you are a superstar etc.)  Ainge and CBS are anything but this.  I can see a very good working relationship especially between CBS and Leonard

3.  Block the Lakers from getting Leonard and potentially creeping up closer in number of most championships.

4.  Also potentially block Lebron + Leonard combining.  Need to prevent Lebron from having one up on Celtics moving forward (unless he joins)

5.  And to at the top of the list, because it gives the Celts the best chance to win a championship now

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
TP.
5/5.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
None of those deals are worth it.

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

1.  Leonard won't be eligible for a supermax but will be eligible for the next best thing. A 5 year 188 million max , only with the team that trades for him this upcoming season.  Celtics would hold the key

2. While Buford and Popovich are in your face type management (doesn't matter if you are a superstar etc.)  Ainge and CBS are anything but this.  I can see a very good working relationship especially between CBS and Leonard

3.  Block the Lakers from getting Leonard and potentially creeping up closer in number of most championships.

4.  Also potentially block Lebron + Leonard combining.  Need to prevent Lebron from having one up on Celtics moving forward (unless he joins)

5.  And to at the top of the list, because it gives the Celts the best chance to win a championship now

I'm not doing anything just because it might ruin the Lakers plan. I'd like to think the Lakers don't take up that much space in Dany Ainge's head.

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
None of those deals are worth it.

Yeah those deals should be edited...each one remove half of what is offered.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I'm not doing anything just because it might ruin the Lakers plan. I'd like to think the Lakers don't take up that much space in Dany Ainge's head.

I disagree

No active Celtics GM wants to be the guy....that watches the Lakers surpass the Celts in championship titles

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
These trades where we send all stars or future all stars and future high picks and good rotation players for Kawhi are hilarious

Are C's even on Kawhi's List?
« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2018, 05:45:50 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
His camp (and uncle especially) seem to want him to play for a big market team.

But we've also heard folks in the media say Leonard has the Lakers on his list and Knicks as well (as preferred destinations). Haven't heard much besides that as to where he'd prefer to play and where it is that he'll likely sign an extension long term next summer.

I think Boston was on Kyrie's list last summer although it wasn't reported until about 2 weeks after Kyrie's trade request by former Cavaliers GM Griffin.

But Kawhi? We just don't know.

It's risky since he's a rental too, whereas with Kyrie you had him under control for another year (a little less risky).

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
These trades where we send all stars or future all stars and future high picks and good rotation players for Kawhi are hilarious

Just trade ideas that are risky, no doubt about it.   

Who can slow down/stop Lebron or Durant?  There is only one guy in the league that can do this. Leonard

Re: Are C's even on Kawhi's List?
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2018, 06:19:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

But we've also heard folks in the media say Leonard has the Lakers on his list and Knicks as well (as preferred destinations). Haven't heard much besides that as to where he'd prefer to play and where it is that he'll likely sign an extension long term next summer.

I think Boston was on Kyrie's list last summer although it wasn't reported until about 2 weeks after Kyrie's trade request by former Cavaliers GM Griffin.

It's risky since he's a rental too, whereas with Kyrie you had him under control for another year (a little less risky).

Doubt it

If Leonard is traded here,  you would have to risk-  He will learn to love it here

And winning a championship would be massive in hopes to lock him up long term

« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2018, 06:22:37 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
On tv, Woj said kawhi prefers lakers and maybe clippers

The fact that he only likes LA teams tells me there is a sentimental reason why Kawhi wants to go there

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Just trade ideas that are risky, no doubt about it.   

Who can slow down/stop Lebron or Durant?  There is only one guy in the league that can do this. Leonard
I missed that this year.

« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2018, 06:33:29 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Doubt it

If Leonard is traded here,  you would have to risk-  He will learn to love it here

And winning a championship would be massive in hopes to lock him up long term

Sounds like the George situation last year. And we know how it (likely) ends for OKC. Pass!

On tv, Woj said kawhi prefers lakers and maybe clippers

The fact that he only likes LA teams tells me there is a sentimental reason why Kawhi wants to go there

Yeah I think LA or NY is where him (and his camp) really want to go.

Offline outflip50

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
The second you start predicating your moves on what an opponent is doing...you have lost