Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121014 times)

Re: Here we go..Leonard wants out of SA...
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2018, 10:14:31 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Yeah I do not see that SAC pick being untouchable at all. I’d give it up in a heart beat especially if it would save some you from having to gut all your proven role players.

« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2018, 10:15:54 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Imagine though this line up:

Kyrie
Tatum
Hayward
Leonard
Al

Bench:
Rozier
Smart
Morris
Baynes
Theis
Semi

I think Boston wins the title. They have Leonard to match up with
Kd or James in the finals. Can switch everything. Have offense. Have the deepest bench in the league.

« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2018, 11:04:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

Kyrie
Tatum
Hayward
Leonard
Al

Bench:
Rozier
Smart
Morris
Baynes
Theis
Semi

Kd or James in the finals. Can switch everything. Have offense. Have the deepest bench in the league.

Unfortunately I think Rozier + Morris also have to be added to the trade to make it work
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #243 on: June 15, 2018, 11:23:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Yeah I do not see that SAC pick being untouchable at all. I’d give it up in a heart beat especially if it would save some you from having to gut all your proven role players.
sounds like the kings might offer the 2nd pick for kawhi.  That would mess up our pick next year. 

« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2018, 11:25:33 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Kyrie
Tatum
Hayward
Leonard
Al

Bench:
Rozier
Smart
Morris
Baynes
Theis
Semi

Unfortunately I think Rozier + Morris also have to be added to the trade to make it work

Yeah we end up losing our depth that really helped out last year. Not sure if this would be a step forward. It would all depend on FA and who the C's can get in the draft that can help out right away.

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2018, 11:30:27 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Simple question.  Does Kawhi Leonard come to Boston?  Celtics have the best talent to offer to San Antonio.  The Spurs also probably don't want to strengthen a rival (LA Lakers) within the same conference.

Does Kawhi come to Boston?

Also just a little tidbit I found out from Chris Broussard -- Kahwi's closest advisor is his uncle.  And his uncle happens to be close friends with Kyrie's dad.  Would the Kyrie Irving factor be able to help draw Leonard to Boston?  Things that make you go Hmmmm.

Re: Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?
« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2018, 11:33:40 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Didn't D.Wade say Kahwi was Boston bound...a few moths ago?

Players know things sometimes.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2018, 12:29:27 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Rody, to clarify, I quit posting on Celticsblog a while ago.  Back in the day I had been the lone Celtic fan who thought Philly had a bright future and that Embiid would eventually get healthy. 
People here were convinced he was the next Greg Oden.  I took a ton of heat for playing devil's advocate and believing in Philly. 

Embiid skipped a lot of games on minutes precaution last year, so it is not all smooth sailing yet.   63 games this year so it is always something with him.   But you absolute could end up being right.

Man, 63 games is pretty great.  We got less than 63 games from Kyrie and Hayward combined.

http://bfy.tw/Id33
We should add Kawhi too so we can be the "All-Injury Team".   Including playoffs, Embiid played 71 games last season.  Our hypothetical Big 3 of Kyrie, Kawhi and Hayward played a combined 70 games last season.

Oh, indeed. That makes such perfect sense. I should be thinking about it that way, instead of thinking that in the last three years, Embiid has played 94 out of 246 games, while Irving has played 185 and Hayward 156.

And, I should ignore the fact that Embiid's injuries are exactly the sort that end the careers of big men, while Hayward's was a fluke that similar players have recovered from, and Irving's is on par with injuries many other PGs have had and recovered from with success.

So glad you're back, to provide this kind of objective analysis and keep the rest of us in line!

« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2018, 12:46:33 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rody, to clarify, I quit posting on Celticsblog a while ago.  Back in the day I had been the lone Celtic fan who thought Philly had a bright future and that Embiid would eventually get healthy. 
People here were convinced he was the next Greg Oden.  I took a ton of heat for playing devil's advocate and believing in Philly. 

Embiid skipped a lot of games on minutes precaution last year, so it is not all smooth sailing yet.   63 games this year so it is always something with him.   But you absolute could end up being right.

Man, 63 games is pretty great.  We got less than 63 games from Kyrie and Hayward combined.

We should add Kawhi too so we can be the "All-Injury Team".   Including playoffs, Embiid played 71 games last season.  Our hypothetical Big 3 of Kyrie, Kawhi and Hayward played a combined 70 games last season.

Oh, indeed. That makes such perfect sense. I should be thinking about it that way, instead of thinking that in the last three years, Embiid has played 94 out of 246 games, while Irving has played 185 and Hayward 156.
Yes, you should be thinking about recent history.  Embiid looking healthy.  Kyrie, Kawhi and Hayward not even playing in the playoffs.  At the moment, those 3 guys are way more of an injury concern than Embiid.  Even without the addition of Kawhi, our team is built around two fragile stars.  Kyrie is extremely injury prone.  Hayward's career is over until proven otherwise.  Just have to hope for the best and cross our fingers these guys get healthy like Philly.

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2018, 12:48:52 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I vote no to the poll

« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2018, 12:57:43 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Yes, you should be thinking about recent history.  Embiid looking healthy.  Kyrie, Kawhi and Hayward not even playing in the playoffs.  At the moment, those 3 guys are way more of an injury concern than Embiid.  Even without the addition of Kawhi, our team is built around two fragile stars.  Kyrie is extremely injury prone.  Hayward's career is over until proven otherwise. Just have to hope for the best and cross our fingers these guys get healthy like Philly.

Please provide a factual basis for that statement.

« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2018, 01:08:33 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Yes, you should be thinking about recent history.  Embiid looking healthy.  Kyrie, Kawhi and Hayward not even playing in the playoffs.  At the moment, those 3 guys are way more of an injury concern than Embiid.  Even without the addition of Kawhi, our team is built around two fragile stars.  Kyrie is extremely injury prone.  Hayward's career is over until proven otherwise.  Just have to hope for the best and cross our fingers these guys get healthy like Philly.

Yeah, nope. Hayward's career is absolutely not over. That is the medical opinion of nobody, and his recovery has gone according to plan. The default understanding is that he's coming back and will be a good player again, similar to Paul George. Injury concern? Sure. Career-ending? Definitely not the prognosis.

Kyrie is significantly less injury prone than Embiid. He played 52 playoff games in his last 3 years in Cleveland.. since we're counting playoff games for Embiid. He's actually played 2000 minutes in the regular season several times and is only 2 years older. Embiid has a much bigger, bruising body prone to injury and more major injuries in the 1st place.

Ah but why bother, you sure do enjoy playing the Philly card around here at every possible chance.

« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2018, 02:46:35 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

I guess I tend to agree with you old friend. Kind of bummed now

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2018, 03:13:50 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
A 7ft guy with knee problems who missed 2 seasons and plays with minutes restriction is not fragile?

« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2018, 05:33:08 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

Yeah, nope. Hayward's career is absolutely not over. That is the medical opinion of nobody, and his recovery has gone according to plan. The default understanding is that he's coming back and will be a good player again, similar to Paul George. Injury concern? Sure. Career-ending? Definitely not the prognosis.

Kyrie is significantly less injury prone than Embiid. He played 52 playoff games in his last 3 years in Cleveland.. since we're counting playoff games for Embiid. He's actually played 2000 minutes in the regular season several times and is only 2 years older. Embiid has a much bigger, bruising body prone to injury and more major injuries in the 1st place.

Ah but why bother, you sure do enjoy playing the Philly card around here at every possible chance.

LarBrd33 back to his best haha