Author Topic: "Kennedy had no love for Doc Rivers and the Boston Celtics" Tim Donaghy Said  (Read 6569 times)

Offline chenaren

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
http://redsarmy.com/2010/05/11/donaghy-claim-bill-kennedys-sexuality-at-root-of-hatred-for-doc/

That’s a difficult question for me to answer because I certainly don’t want to offend anybody… I’m just gonna come out and say it like it is. It’s no secret on the staff that Bill Kennedy is a homosexual… I don’t have any ill will towards gays or lesbians, but it was no secret that he’s a homosexual. It was known around the league, it was obvious during a game Doc Rivers questioned his sexual orientation and I think that has stuck with Kennedy over the years and he has no love for Doc Rivers and the Boston Celtics.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NBA_Finals, Bill Kennedy was one of the officials in the game 3 of the 2010 finals, the only home game Celtics lost in that series.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I wonder if there are measures that the NBA takes to make sure referees are objective and neutral in their officiating, such as surveys or interviews to see if they would potentially be biased towards one team or another.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I wonder if there are measures that the NBA takes to make sure referees are objective and neutral in their officiating, such as surveys or interviews to see if they would potentially be biased towards one team or another.
would be a good idea to screen ref's like that. Maybe with a sort of IAT Test formulated based on stuff involving the NBA.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

This is what I'm saying. This is a huge deal. Doc was wrong for doing that. That said Bill needs to be fired if this is true.

Just can't have officials with personal vendettas.

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

This is what I'm saying. This is a huge deal. Doc was wrong for doing that. That said Bill needs to be fired if this is true.

Just can't have officials with personal vendettas.

It's wrong, but if Doc knew that Kennedy was gay and said these things then it's the epitome of stupidity.

Great words from a great man

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I think they make sure the ref's calls favor the superstar players and then call it a day.

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

Joey Crawford never officiated a Spurs game (until the 2014 Spurs-Heat Finals game) after he ejected Tim Duncan for laughing on the bench.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I can believe it.

Offline keepthefaith

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 22
According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NBA_Finals, Bill Kennedy was one of the officials in the game 3 of the 2010 finals, the only home game Celtics lost in that series.

Easily the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed. I still think about how we got robbed that game.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
As I understand it, refs are tracked pretty thoroughly. If a ref makes a certain kind of call or more calls against a certain team the league, supposedly, knows it.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They have never got rid of a ref for bad or blown calls.   It is business as usual and bad ones that let things get personal like Joey Crawford have thrived in the NBA and are league favorites.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
It's all a

Fairy Tale

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I think they make sure the ref's calls favor the superstar players and then call it a day.

This, though they also appear to have instructions to keep games and series as close as they can, too.  I don't think the NBA has an interest in making certain teams win, but I do think the NBA likes to see its star players make star plays, and they like to keep things close and competitive for as long as possible.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Wow Ray went 0-13 that game

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2487
http://redsarmy.com/2010/05/11/donaghy-claim-bill-kennedys-sexuality-at-root-of-hatred-for-doc/

That’s a difficult question for me to answer because I certainly don’t want to offend anybody… I’m just gonna come out and say it like it is. It’s no secret on the staff that Bill Kennedy is a homosexual… I don’t have any ill will towards gays or lesbians, but it was no secret that he’s a homosexual. It was known around the league, it was obvious during a game Doc Rivers questioned his sexual orientation and I think that has stuck with Kennedy over the years and he has no love for Doc Rivers and the Boston Celtics.

TP for somebody finally mentioning that game 3 in the 2010 finals. i've said on this site for years that salvatore and kennedy rigged that game.

the c's came out on fire, and were going to blow the lakers out. the lakers were visibly panicking. the crowd was going crazy, everyone could feel it.

then the refs then called a whole bunch of ridiculously bad calls which got basically the c's whole starting lineup in foul trouble. the momentum shifted completely, the lakers calmed down, and they won a fairly close game.

KG and PP finshed with 5 fouls each. rondo and rasheed had 4 apiece.

kobe, artest, gasol, and bynum had only 2 each.

but because much of the damage was done early, the disgrace that was the officiating in game 3 is largely forgotten.

c's might well have beaten the lakers in 5 games without this hose-job.

but, hey, at least david stern got his 7-game series!