Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins waived  (Read 8612 times)

Re: DeMarcus Cousins waived
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2020, 09:40:47 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
The real question is, would he sign a 2 year contract.  I'd absolutely take him if I had an extra year.  I doubt he would sign a 2 year contract, but I'd certainly ask.

I wouldn’t. He was getting killed on the pick and roll even before the quad tear, let alone the ACL tear. I’m doubtful about his future as a pro basketball player, but certainly i wouldn’t want him on my Boston Celtics. It’s not going to happen anyway.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2020, 10:07:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The real question is, would he sign a 2 year contract.  I'd absolutely take him if I had an extra year.  I doubt he would sign a 2 year contract, but I'd certainly ask.

I wouldn’t. He was getting killed on the pick and roll even before the quad tear, let alone the ACL tear. I’m doubtful about his future as a pro basketball player, but certainly i wouldn’t want him on my Boston Celtics. It’s not going to happen anyway.
Yeah, I would most certainly not want him. He doesn't offer anything.

Could see him terrorising China or even the Australian league.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2020, 12:01:38 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Weird update. How is this allowed by the CBA?

DeMarcus Cousins To Continue Rehabbing Torn ACL With Lakers

DeMarcus Cousins plans on remaining with the Los Angeles Lakers to continue rehabbing his torn ACL.

Cousins will be waived by the Lakers to create a roster spot for Markieff Morris.

Cousins suffered his torn ACL in August.

https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1231328254176436224

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2020, 12:22:33 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

DeMarcus Cousins plans on remaining with the Los Angeles Lakers to continue rehabbing his torn ACL.

Cousins will be waived by the Lakers to create a roster spot for Markieff Morris.

Players injured while participating in basketball related activities are entitled to continue to receive medical treatment (including rehabilitation), even after they are waived or their contract otherwise ends, until they have been deemed to have reasonably recovered from the initial injury.

This was specifically negotiated by the players as part of the CBA to prevent players from being exposed to being summarily waived after sustaining an injury and losing access to reasonable medical treatment for injuries that were a direct result of performing the duties stipulated by their employment contract.

Cousins won't be remaining with the Lakers in any capacity other than being afforded access to their facilities and doctors.

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2020, 12:27:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Players injured while participating in basketball related activities are entitled to continue to receive medical treatment (including rehabilitation), even after they are waived or their contract otherwise ends, until they have been deemed to have reasonably recovered from the initial injury.

This was specifically negotiated by the players as part of the CBA to prevent players from being exposed to being summarily waived after sustaining an injury and losing access to reasonable medical treatment for injuries that were a direct result of performing the duties stipulated by their employment contract.

Cousins won't be remaining with the Lakers in any capacity other than being afforded access to their facilities and doctors.
Yeah, I really have no problem with this. If it wasn't part of the CBA I think some injured players would be really done over by teams (which tend to be heartless)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2020, 11:06:45 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
2 pages of Boogie and Roy hasn’t weighed in? Is he on vacation??

The mods are load managing! :o 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2020, 11:22:15 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Haha.

I would have offered him our facilities to rehab, but I wouldn’t sign him at this point. Next summer, though, I’d be happy to. He offers more than most vet minimum signings.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2020, 11:37:41 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Would we gain any advantage signing him now, as far as being able to offer more to him for next season?

I actually thought he looked pretty decent for Warriors last season given he was just coming off torn ACL.  He has great shooting touch from 3, and is great passer.

Obviously it would be as an investment for next season.

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2020, 12:56:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Haha.

I would have offered him our facilities to rehab, but I wouldn’t sign him at this point. Next summer, though, I’d be happy to. He offers more than most vet minimum signings.

Yeah for the vet. minimum I'd be down. If I recall, he was almost going to sign here for the MLE before going to the Warriors. 

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2020, 03:04:55 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Doesn't seem like ANY buyout player/candidate has even the slightest interest in signing with Boston!  Shows what players around the league think of the realistic chances of C's contending for a title.  Players will go to whoever has the money and/or a legit shot at the title.....sadly, C's have neither this year.

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2020, 07:13:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Doesn't seem like ANY buyout player/candidate has even the slightest interest in signing with Boston!  Shows what players around the league think of the realistic chances of C's contending for a title.  Players will go to whoever has the money and/or a legit shot at the title.....sadly, C's have neither this year.

Have you considered the alternative: That most of the guys being bought out don't interest the Celtics?

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

we just took the best team in the west to the final 8 seconds of the game, on the road, without our starting point guard.

and you don't think we are even a contender?  really? lol

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2020, 07:38:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Have you considered the alternative: That most of the guys being bought out don't interest the Celtics?
Exactly. Signing players or trading for them is a two way street. The Celtics have to want to sign or trade for someone and from the way Danny has been talking all year, he is happy to go with the guys they have.

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2020, 07:48:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Exactly. Signing players or trading for them is a two way street. The Celtics have to want to sign or trade for someone and from the way Danny has been talking all year, he is happy to go with the guys they have.

The only guy bought out that I really wanted was Marvin Williams. Other than that, I pretty much agree, none of the other guys really entice me. And by all accounts, the C's and Kemba seemed to have interest, though he chose the Bucks. But he didn't choose the Lakers/Clippers/Raptors and other teams either.