Author Topic: Raptors (1-2) at Celtics (3-1)  (Read 21262 times)

Re: Raptors (1-2) at Celtics (3-1)
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2009, 01:49:40 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Really great win ... the starters looked relaxed and in-sync, the second team is working well together, and even the third string is getting some decent rhythm. I honestly think this team, if healthy, can be as deep as any team we've had since the 1986 Celtics ... seriously. Time will tell, obviously, but I'm very optimistic about this season ... very optimistic.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2009, 08:05:48 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Please remember that Daniels has played a boatload of NBA games in his career.  It might be safer choosing to use his history rather than a few pre season games with a brand new team to judge his talents. If Marquis is really worse than Hudson the C's might go undefeated let alone challenge the bulls record.  There I said it.

82-0.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2009, 12:38:41 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Before we all get too excited and confident, recognize that the C's have had a CUPCAKE pre-season schedule thus far.  The Raptors are supposed to be a darkhorse team and they look awful.  The Knicks are nowhere as usual and the Nets are rebuilding.  The only real good competition will be that last game against the Cavs.

All that said, they are doing what they are supposed to do, which is the bench beating other teams benches, so that's a good sign.

« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2009, 12:40:59 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Before we all get too excited and confident, recognize that the C's have had a CUPCAKE pre-season schedule thus far.  The Raptors are supposed to be a darkhorse team and they look awful.  The Knicks are nowhere as usual and the Nets are rebuilding.  The only real good competition will be that last game against the Cavs.

All that said, they are doing what they are supposed to do, which is the bench beating other teams benches, so that's a good sign.

everyone has a cupcake preseason. teams are just going through the motions.

Our starters are playing limited minutes, as are the other teams. That doesn't mean you can't be excited that KG looks good, if slightly out of shape, sheed looks good, and other's are looking pretty decent.

Talent of the opposing teams has nothing to do with my eval.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2009, 02:50:56 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Actually I think both NJ and Toronto have very good chance of making the playoffs.  I don't really need to get excited about this team they could win 60 in their sleep but, if everyone is healthy come playoff time they will be the favorites. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10