Author Topic: Raptors (11-18) at Celtics (24-6) Game #31 12/29/23  (Read 11218 times)

Re: Raptors (11-18) at Celtics (24-6) Game #31 12/29/23
« Reply #315 on: December 30, 2023, 10:54:19 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
JB with a great game except for the 7 turnovers.
this shows me that JB is a great player, but offenses should run through him and not be run by him.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #316 on: December 30, 2023, 11:01:13 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
this shows me that JB is a great player, but offenses should run through him and not be run by him.

I thought Brown had a good and important game.  He was "the guy" for the game.  31 pts, 10 Rebs, 6 assts, not many players can step in and do that.  I don't think that is something that White or Holiday can do, or at least not do as well.  The 7 turnovers is the difference between him and the next tier of stars that he is not.  I see a player that is still figuring things out though.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 11:44:09 AM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #317 on: December 30, 2023, 12:06:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Last year the C's started 21-5, then faltered a bit after. This year's team is now 25-6 to start the year which is actually 2nd best only behind the 2008 team which started 27-2.

That's a testament to how talented our team is, and while it hasn't been perfect I think the coaching overall is better. The assistants seem to be helping and the players are bought in too. Jaylen was actually praising Mazzulla the other night which if you remember last year, he was often "grinding this teeth" and making ominous statements which seemed to indicate he didn't buy in with Mazzulla's methods and wanted to say more about it.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #318 on: December 30, 2023, 02:29:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Joe showed composure.  Good man Joe !

« Reply #319 on: December 30, 2023, 02:42:04 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1679

I think he can run an offense when he has strong secondary options to help shoulder the load. Last night Jrue and White were ice cold for most of the game, so Jaylen tried to force it on his own at times and that doesn't usually end well in a half-court game. 

I would note though that Toronto only really cut into the lead when Jaylen sat at the beginning of the fourth quarter and our offense just died.  We had to get him back into the game early to stop the bleeding.  He was huge for us in this one.

« Reply #320 on: December 30, 2023, 03:03:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

I think he can run an offense when he has strong secondary options to help shoulder the load. Last night Jrue and White were ice cold for most of the game, so Jaylen tried to force it on his own at times and that doesn't usually end well in a half-court game. 

I would note though that Toronto only really cut into the lead when Jaylen sat at the beginning of the fourth quarter and our offense just died.  We had to get him back into the game early to stop the bleeding.  He was huge for us in this one.
i understand, but when JB was out in the second quarter for 6 minutes toronto did not make a run. and AFTER joe put in white along with JB, then the late toronto run stopped. JB is all you say he is. but if he has to create offense for the team, there will be problems since that is not his strength.

JB needs a second (and maybe third) ballhandler to get the ball to him in position. that is more of his strength.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #321 on: December 31, 2023, 06:33:35 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Joe showed composure.  Good man Joe !

Not getting fired in the morning then?  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D