Author Topic: Could Hield go #1?  (Read 16769 times)

Could Hield go #1?
« on: April 02, 2016, 02:58:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Highlights clip of March Madness game posted 4 days ago

36 points
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nBZuTEFxlQ

I mean , this is money isn't it?    I don't want to use Steph Curry as a comparison, but who else is there to name?    such a lights out shooter and the way he moves without the ball is top notch.

Don't think it matters much what happens the rest of the way in the tourney.  Already one of the last teams left.    Also some negatives on

Simmons -  Could not carry LSU to participate in the MM tourney. Which is a pretty bad thing.  Academics red flag.  Is it just about school is not for him or he really puts little effort/does not want to "learn".   If #2, it cause alot of headache for teams/coaches.   Regardless of how talented he is, he can't just play "freestyle on the court".     

Ingram -  Lacks explosion.  He does not have blow by your man ability. Defensively struggled at times to guard out to the perimeter.  Long strides but needs momentum to build speed.   Also very skinny.  Right now, is sort of positionless/tweener.     Very long , simple ball handling skills (but good for size) ,  good shooting touch in any way (spot up, on the move) and good competitive kid.   I think his future in the NBA is a stretch 4, like Nowitzki.

Possible? Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:22:41 AM by triboy16f »

Re: Could Hield go #1?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 03:02:06 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
i'll have a glass of whatever you are drinking.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 03:06:58 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

No. Absolutely not, Doesn't matter what he does the next game or too either.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 03:07:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Never stated I think he will. The question is, does he have a chance to leapfrog over Simmons and/or Ingram.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 03:08:01 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Heild is more Ray Allen/Eric Gordon than Curry/Jerry West. He should go 3. Simmons is a blend of Odom and Malone. Ingram is a blend of PG and KD. So those two have to still be the top 2 favorites.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 03:56:34 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
It's becoming more and more apparent that if this draft has any strength, it's at the guard position. Ingram has a high school body and Simmons has a grammar school shot. I hope we shop this pick as hard as possible.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 05:28:03 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I love Hield but he's 99% not going top 2.

Which team would pick him at #1?

there's a 95% chance that #1 is Simmons, and Ingram is #2.

Simmons has Hall of fame potential. Ingram has multiple All Star potential.
Hield might be an All Star one day but he's more likely to have Michael Redd/boderline All Star potential.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 06:27:43 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Never stated I think he will. The question is, does he have a chance to leapfrog over Simmons and/or Ingram.

No.

Also, any Curry comparison is asinine. Curry's ballhandling is off the charts, Hield's is mediocre. A more accurate comparison to Hield might be a right handed Michael Redd

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 06:47:24 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

No.

Also, any Curry comparison is asinine. Curry's ballhandling is off the charts, Hield's is mediocre. A more accurate comparison to Hield might be a right handed Michael Redd

Of course you can't compare anyone to Curry, but in all fairness Curry's handles were no where near were they are today.

Kid has improved his handles tremendously to his credit since coming to the NBA. Good news is Hield looks to have a similar work ethic, let's hope he keeps it up, especially if we Draft him!

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 08:16:50 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

No.

I saw someone compare him to Gilbert Arenas.  That could be a good comparison.

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 08:38:48 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
This is a facinating look at the NBA mindset.  Hield is probably more of a sure thing than either Simmons or Ingram.  Simmons could easily be a Michael Beasley (massive talent who never fulfills it) or a Chris Webber who can't shoot.  It could take years before Ingram develops the body to play in the league.  But the NBA only cares about upside, even if it's never achieved.

Mike

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 08:40:10 AM »

Offline lefty12

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Was Rodney stuckey drafted #1?

Buddy is flavor of the month

Hopefully he makes it to his second contract

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 08:40:59 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

No.

I don't see it at all. Arenas was cat quick, with great handles, and had an amazing first step.

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 09:22:18 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

No.

I don't see it at all. Arenas was cat quick, with great handles, and had an amazing first step.
Me neither. Hield is also a way better 3pt shooter than Areanas. I think C.J. McCollum is a more accurate comparison for Hield. 
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 09:25:50 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Absolutely no way.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team