Author Topic: What tonight's win tells us  (Read 7652 times)

Re: What tonight's win tells us
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 08:27:27 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Portland OR% - 0.34
Boston OR% - 0.16

With this kind of rebounding differential it's tough to win games.

This team needs to find a way of getting boards, even if it implies personnel changes (ideally they'd just step up). Otherwise, they're merely contenders on paper.

Let KG find his legs first. 

Though Davis needs to do a better job in 18 minutes.  Same with Pierce. 

Celtics need to team rebound like they did last year in the playoffs. 

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 08:28:27 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
A team with Andre Miller, Rudy, Webster and Aldridge is going to give you problems when you are struggling. That is reality.

Also, i feel we would've blown them out with a well reffed game.

They had EIGHT players and it still took overtime. Juwan Howard as their big man, backed up by Pendergraph and they still outreboud the C's by 10? If those four guys you list are going to give the Celtics trouble, then this team is worse off than even I thought.

Howard still a smart player that knows how to rebound.

But the Celtics need to do a better job as a team rebounding, no matter who they are playing. 

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 08:56:56 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
It tells me that we better start rebounding or this season is not going to end well.  It also tells me that Tony needs to take some of Ray's minutes.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 09:27:49 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Tonight's game told me that Danny needs to pull the trigger on some type of trade, for a starter( Kevin Martin Type) or a second unit guy(Nate Robinson...)
But we need to do somthing!

Yes press the button!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 09:34:44 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Last nights game says we need somebody like Kirk Hinrich. I think he in the 2nd unit would solve a lot of problems. He can guard the two and bring the ball up and make Eddie more valuable. Plus he plays great D. Our 2nd unit would be a lot better and always in this game what a difference KG makes!

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2010, 09:56:54 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I also want to point out that the mighty Indiana Pacers tonight rolled over Detroit, at Detroit. So what does that Celtics loss to Detroit tell us?

Does the loss in Detroit somehow tell us more that the wins in Cleveland, San Antonio or Orlando?

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
They need some talented role players to backup almost every position.

We need 2-3 new role players that can score,defend long enough to give the starters a decent rest without losing leads...as it stands the starters has to play aganist other teams starters and role players.

Usually if your starters have to consistently log 40+minutes night after night your bench is not that good and the coach doesn't trust them to play many minutes.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:44:26 AM by housecall »

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2010, 11:10:17 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I also want to point out that the mighty Indiana Pacers tonight rolled over Detroit, at Detroit. So what does that Celtics loss to Detroit tell us?

Does the loss in Detroit somehow tell us more that the wins in Cleveland, San Antonio or Orlando?

They beat Cleveland on opening night and I would guess that if they were playing in Cleveland tonight they would be putting up another L. The Orlando win was awesome -- pure guts. And honestly, I am one of those posters who does not think the Spurs are that good and do not think they are a real contender in the west.

Bottom line is this team is losing games to vastly inferior competition, because it is not making the effort and also, maybe because the tired legs are catching up.

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2010, 11:21:34 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
What tonight's Game told me:

l.  KG looked good running the floor and elevating.  With a couple of games to get back in playing condition (which you can really only do by playing in games) he will be ok.

2.  Ray Allen may have a cold streak here and there, but when it counts you can count on him.

3.  KG in uniform will not allow slumping team spirits to lose a game.  He will inspire the team to find a way to win.

4.  Tony Allen plays defense...good defense.

5.  Sheed is the right back up pf to Garnett...and can refrain from getting Tech Fouls.

6.  We still miss Marquis (but he is returning soon).

7.  Improvement is still needed by Glen Davis.

Just thoughts off the top of my head.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2010, 11:21:57 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Tonight's game told me that Danny needs to pull the trigger on some type of trade, for a starter( Kevin Martin Type) or a second unit guy(Nate Robinson...)
But we need to do somthing!

Yes press the button!
I watched(DVR)the Lakers vs Knicks game after the Celtics game last night and Nate left the game early with an ongoing(nagging) hamstring problem...just sayin
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:52:36 AM by housecall »