Author Topic: Crowder is terrible so far this season  (Read 6362 times)

Re: Crowder is terrible so far this season
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 02:59:36 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Yeah that trade was a highway robbery in favor of the Celtics  8)

I'd do it over and over again...trading IT4, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, BKN 2018, and second-rounder for Kyrie Irving.

It not only helped the Cavs create a dysfunctional mess, but it also propelled the Celtics to a 12-game winning streak and developing a defense for Kyrie.

I think the ultimate irony would be if IT, Crowder, Zizic and the pick all turned out to be busts but the 2nd rounder last-minute throw-in turned into the next Manu Ginobili.

Mike

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 03:05:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Is Lebron going to let IT initiate set  offense ...like he should ....or will everybody thats used to playing team ball .....stand around waiting to see what Lebron is going to do with the ball first......make it up as you go basketball. 

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 03:11:01 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
All analists keep saying Crowder is an elite defender. Well last year he was a not good. In 2015-2016 he was certainly above average and solid defender. Last year he def lost a step... he is not picking it up this year.

In his last Celtic year I was definitely more frustrated than happy with his defensive effort.

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 05:47:14 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Small sample size.

If just 4 more of Jae's 44 three point attempts had stayed in the net he'd be shooting 38.6% and none of this discussion happens.

Ironically, this thread came out just as Jae finally had a decent game, posting 15 points, 7 rebounds & 3 assists against his old team (DAL).   Also ironically, he did so not by hitting threes (he still shot a poor 1 of 6 from the arc), but rather by going to the hoop and getting to the FT line (6 for 6).

I think I'll wait until we get a little deeper into the season before I crow too loudly about Jae's supposed decline.  A dozen games to start the season is usually a bit too early for epitaphs.   'Not claiming he'll not still end up with a terrible year.   'Just think it's way too early.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 06:03:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Sure you have to assume that Stevens, who had no frontcourt and limited talent in general, "had" to maximize Jae's talent...and he did. Thomas and Crowder matched each other well and became a large part of the "little engine that could" last year.

I will insist on this...I always saw Jae Crowder as a bench player. Probably a sixth man. When he came here I felt that if Crowder was the sixth best player on the team you'd have good team...not a starter. 

As far as the Cav's go, I haven't watched their games this year. I know from the past that Lebron is essentially a player coach in a role similar to what Russell was given by Red. Tyron Lue is not truly responsible for the conduct of the team on the floor, Lebron James is. This dynamic assures that Jae Crowder's talents will not be maximized in any way and losses will result in finger pointing/scapegoating/benching/position swapping and what have you as, there isn't the structure offered by a team that is run by a head coach whom is directly responsible for wins and losses.

Kyrie Irving, a top player in the league, arrives in Boston, a team that he has crushed for years and, without blinking,  promptly changes his game to suit the head coach. All players, including Crowder, play better under great leadership...ask Red Auerbach. 

We get high on our own guys and that is normal, but, last year's team couldn't beat any of the top 6 teams in the NBA and how could they? They were doing it on sheer effort and purpose and Crowder was all of that.

Which is why the hate for Crowder on this board is ridiculous and unwarranted...

Crowder may have been a tough nosed diva at times, but he certainly gave his all during his time here at least... He definitely made an impact on our youngsters like Rozier or Smart.
how is it hating to post that crowders offensive and defensive impact this season is significantly worse

It's hating when the SAME usual SUSPECTS post time and time again the same freakin' thread, talking smack about Smart, Crowder, etc....

We get it. You don't like those players.

But consistently creating pessimistic threads, bringing up ex-Celts who have nothing but good things to say about us when they left.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 06:19:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
No offense to Crowder and Isaiah (I do miss them and thank them for what they did), but I hope they underwhelm in order for us to "win this trade". Also hope to dear god that BKN Pick lands outside Top-5 (and closer to 10-14 range).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 07:04:26 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
Sure you have to assume that Stevens, who had no frontcourt and limited talent in general, "had" to maximize Jae's talent...and he did. Thomas and Crowder matched each other well and became a large part of the "little engine that could" last year.

I will insist on this...I always saw Jae Crowder as a bench player. Probably a sixth man. When he came here I felt that if Crowder was the sixth best player on the team you'd have good team...not a starter. 

As far as the Cav's go, I haven't watched their games this year. I know from the past that Lebron is essentially a player coach in a role similar to what Russell was given by Red. Tyron Lue is not truly responsible for the conduct of the team on the floor, Lebron James is. This dynamic assures that Jae Crowder's talents will not be maximized in any way and losses will result in finger pointing/scapegoating/benching/position swapping and what have you as, there isn't the structure offered by a team that is run by a head coach whom is directly responsible for wins and losses.

Kyrie Irving, a top player in the league, arrives in Boston, a team that he has crushed for years and, without blinking,  promptly changes his game to suit the head coach. All players, including Crowder, play better under great leadership...ask Red Auerbach. 

We get high on our own guys and that is normal, but, last year's team couldn't beat any of the top 6 teams in the NBA and how could they? They were doing it on sheer effort and purpose and Crowder was all of that.

Which is why the hate for Crowder on this board is ridiculous and unwarranted...

Crowder may have been a tough nosed diva at times, but he certainly gave his all during his time here at least... He definitely made an impact on our youngsters like Rozier or Smart.
how is it hating to post that crowders offensive and defensive impact this season is significantly worse

It's hating when the SAME usual SUSPECTS post time and time again the same freakin' thread, talking smack about Smart, Crowder, etc....

We get it. You don't like those players.

But consistently creating pessimistic threads, bringing up ex-Celts who have nothing but good things to say about us when they left.

You think Crowder still wanted to be here? I think not, espically after the crowd cheered  Hayward last year. He wanted out, he got his wish
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 08:41:21 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Some people still don't understand who Brad Stevens is.

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 10:55:01 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
No offense to Crowder and Isaiah (I do miss them and thank them for what they did), but I hope they underwhelm in order for us to "win this trade". Also hope to dear god that BKN Pick lands outside Top-5 (and closer to 10-14 range).
Why not hope simply for Kyrie to excel instead?

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 03:40:13 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Give the guy a break.  He only gave birth a little over two months ago.

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 03:53:28 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Give the guy a break.  He only gave birth a little over two months ago.
TP. LOL
I guess that is the true reason for his current conditioning.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 04:20:10 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2017, 05:04:19 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Crowder is playing better in Cleveland's string of 5 straight wins.  I think he will be a productive player for them overall.  Detroit is the only good team they faced in the last 5 but I think Cleveland is figuring it out, and that is with Jose Calderon as their starting PG for the last couple of games (Rose hurt again).

I am actually looking forward to seeing how they play with IT.  It is tough to root for IT without rooting for Cleveland but that is how I feel.

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2017, 06:49:15 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Crowder is playing better in Cleveland's string of 5 straight wins.  I think he will be a productive player for them overall.  Detroit is the only good team they faced in the last 5 but I think Cleveland is figuring it out, and that is with Jose Calderon as their starting PG for the last couple of games (Rose hurt again).

I am actually looking forward to seeing how they play with IT.  It is tough to root for IT without rooting for Cleveland but that is how I feel.
Good luck with that.  I do not plan to root for IT, not that I don't like him but he's the enemy now.  In any case, I expect the IT-Cavs experiment to be a dismal failure.  IT's defensive deficiencies will be highly exposed in Cleveland.  In Boston there were other players to cover for him.  It will be the same old IT.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:16:41 PM by Surferdad »