Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 630541 times)

Amonkey, Birdman, hpantazo, Roy H., tonydelk, smokeablount and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2023, 03:37:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
Darius Bazely, Isaiah Roby waived.

Wouldn’t mind picking up either one and cutting someone. Didn’t Bazley play well with Porzingis last season?

« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2023, 05:27:18 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Birch available, rather him than Gabriel

« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2023, 12:02:29 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Man lakers bench looks awful. Reddish has put together one of worst quarters I have ever seen

« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2023, 10:27:19 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1487
Webanyama is looking prettttyyy impressive against the Warriors. Spurs could be a play-in team this year. Games on NBA TV.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2023, 11:26:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Webanyama is looking prettttyyy impressive against the Warriors. Spurs could be a play-in team this year. Games on NBA TV.
Who is playing PG in that big starting lineup?

Is it Devin Vassell? or Sochan as point forward?

« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2023, 11:49:49 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
Who is playing PG in that big starting lineup?

Is it Devin Vassell? or Sochan as point forward?

That’s a good question. Think they’ve been sharing the ball handling duties.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2023, 08:59:30 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 378
so Harden hasn't been with the team all pre-season. have to wonder will he suit up? will he hold out until a trade?

I understand if he plays it makes the sixers better. but i'm not sure what morey's plan is. expecting he will suit up be a good boy and then walk away for nothing?

« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2023, 09:00:27 AM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1415
Jazz release Romeo Langsford

Been there and done that...not interested.

They saw what Brad saw. I'd be surprised if he didn't find a home somewhere though, it's not like he's terrible. Just can't shoot  :police:
I believe we are rapidly approaching the point where anyone under say 6'8 that can't shoot won't be successful in the league. They need to be so outstandingly excellent in the other aspects of the game, just to justify playing time.

Ignoring the height requirement, it's kind of wild that we brought in Banton, Stevens and Brissett in one off-season.   

Well, Brissett’s a career 54% 3-point shooter against Boston, so maybe they were looking at the wrong column on the stat sheet with him.

I think with our top 8 we have so much shooting the team overcompensated for defense and toughness.  The problem is these three players are a black hole on offense.  Fortunately they will be tradeable to cover salary matching to bring in a player with our 2nd round picks.  I just don't see any of the 3 being big contributors to this team like ever.

They have to excel in their roles, rather than try to fill roles they’re not suited to. Unfortunately it’s not like NBA2k where we have a 99 player in every position  :police:

Besides it’s not going to be like hockey subs…there will likely be at least 2 of the top 6 on the court at any given time to act as the creator and the focus. These guys just have to hit open shots, cut, screen and roll.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2023, 09:01:20 AM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1415
so Harden hasn't been with the team all pre-season. have to wonder will he suit up? will he hold out until a trade?

I understand if he plays it makes the sixers better. but i'm not sure what morey's plan is. expecting he will suit up be a good boy and then walk away for nothing?

Can’t wait for morey to start fining him and tank their season  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2023, 09:07:07 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983

Harden has entered the brain dead era of his career,  too much money , his head has grown X10 , but his performance is going downhill.  He now joins Kyrie in that group of over paid has been divas .

« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2023, 09:08:51 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 378
Jazz release Romeo Langsford

Been there and done that...not interested.

They saw what Brad saw. I'd be surprised if he didn't find a home somewhere though, it's not like he's terrible. Just can't shoot  :police:
I believe we are rapidly approaching the point where anyone under say 6'8 that can't shoot won't be successful in the league. They need to be so outstandingly excellent in the other aspects of the game, just to justify playing time.

Ignoring the height requirement, it's kind of wild that we brought in Banton, Stevens and Brissett in one off-season.   

Well, Brissett’s a career 54% 3-point shooter against Boston, so maybe they were looking at the wrong column on the stat sheet with him.

I think with our top 8 we have so much shooting the team overcompensated for defense and toughness.  The problem is these three players are a black hole on offense.  Fortunately they will be tradeable to cover salary matching to bring in a player with our 2nd round picks.  I just don't see any of the 3 being big contributors to this team like ever.

They have to excel in their roles, rather than try to fill roles they’re not suited to. Unfortunately it’s not like NBA2k where we have a 99 player in every position  :police:

Besides it’s not going to be like hockey subs…there will likely be at least 2 of the top 6 on the court at any given time to act as the creator and the focus. These guys just have to hit open shots, cut, screen and roll.

yeah, 2 of Holiday/Brown/Tatum/KP will always be on the floor IMO with some mixture of White/Horford/Pritchard/Hauser. and it looks like Pritchard/Hauser are ready for bigger roles

So i'm not as worried about 9-15 as they just have to as you said grab rebounds, defend, screen and play their roles

« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2023, 11:16:45 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
It’s almost depressing to see Wemby in action. If he stays healthy he’ll be in the top 5 conversation

« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2023, 11:18:35 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223

Harden has entered the brain dead era of his career,  too much money , his head has grown X10 , but his performance is going downhill.  He now joins Kyrie in that group of over paid has been divas .

Embiid needs to get out of that poorly run organization before it's too late.

« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2023, 12:59:32 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
Shams Charania: The Golden State Warriors are releasing Rudy Gay and Rodney McGruder, sources tell me and @anthonyVslater . This trims Warriors’ standard deals to 13 players, giving extra roster/financial flexibility, and they will add the 14th spot within first two weeks of season. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2023, 03:03:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Terrence Mann will be starting for the Clippers.

G: Westbrook
G: T Mann
F: Kawhi
F: P George
C: Zubac

I thought Mann was their best SG for the last 2 years since he broke out in the playoffs in 2021. I don't know why the Clippers have been so reluctant to start him in the past. His defensive talent and versatility sets him apart from Eric Gordon and Norm Powell. A fantastic role player / glue guy.

That is actually a really interesting defensive lineup. One slow big man. Then three big switching wings and one big physical PG. Lots of switching 1-4 while the C tries to stay home with his own man. Clips should be a top level defensive team with that group.