Author Topic: Bucks (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Round 2 Game 3 5/3/19  (Read 72816 times)

Re: Bucks (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Round 2 Game 3 5/3/19
« Reply #975 on: May 03, 2019, 11:03:00 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 562
So some thoughts...

1) Hayward is a problem. I love his passing, but right now he's a 32 million dollar Evan Turner. If you can't score more than 10 points or take more than 8 shots you can't be getting paid the max. Its not his fault he got injured, but there are still very real issues with his finishing inside and it informs everything he does on the court. he is afraid to drive inside or take a shot in there because he knows he doesn't have it. I mean wasn't it Illysova who blocked him at the rim tonight. What do you do with this guy moving forward?

2) We arent better without Smart but I dont know that Smart makes all  that much difference. He's not guarding Giannis down low and the only guy who really can on this Team is AL, even then its advantage Giannis.  Sure, he'd be better than Rozier guarding the perimeter but I don't think he's helping our offense at all which is as big a problem.

3) Kyrie has been disappointing. Sure, 29 points. But on 22 shots with 4 and 6 assist aint superstar level. We ave seen some of his limitations as a superstar guy, namely he isnt undeniable. Kawhi, Durant, Giannis ect can all get the shot they wnat, and make it. Kyrie needs to make the shot he is given. Subtle difference, but in layman's terms he takes harder shots because he's not ig enough to dominate the game the way these other guys can.

4) Tatum has 20 points and it was the least impactful 20 points I've ever seen. All long twos, no three, misses at the rim. Was better late attacking when the game was over. Too soft defensively. I just dont see the ceiling that had people calling him a future MVP last year.

5) Nice game from Brown +10, game got away when he went down on two borderline foul calls. Now 19, 16, 18 points in three games. I wnat to keep him long term.

6) Baynes seems injured but he always is.

7) Rozier was scoreless, our bench got destroyed.

« Reply #976 on: May 03, 2019, 11:03:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
that smart vs brogdon trade should be revisited at this point.

Yeah, people really underestimate Smart's value to this team. He's the heart and soul of our team. When the times get tough and we get down, he usually makes a play that gets us back going with his huge heart. He'd be a huge difference in these games when it's usually one third quarter run that does us in.

Unless there's a setback, he'll be out there on Monday for at least limited minutes.

« Reply #977 on: May 03, 2019, 11:03:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2730
Why so little Baynes tonight?

We play better with Baynes in the starting lineup.

I'm guessing Baynes was still hurting from that ankle.

« Reply #978 on: May 03, 2019, 11:03:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Lopez, Greek Geek, Bledsoe and Middleton ALL constantly straight armed our "defenders" the entire game.....Refs let them do it, Brad said nothing?

Celtics should put a fine bonus in Brad's next contract so that he can take one for the team. DUDE has never complained a call. EVER.

« Reply #979 on: May 03, 2019, 11:05:01 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016

Baynes is so soft. Always injured. We need a new backup big man. I'm ready to move on from him.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #980 on: May 03, 2019, 11:05:39 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 562
Just saw a crazy stat. If you discount garbage time, the Bucks have shot 77% of the TOTAL free throws of the series.
About what we should have expected given they shoot a lot and we shoot a little.

You really are ridiculous. I understand trying to be objective, but you really have wool over your eyes if you think they haven't got a favorable call all series, especially Giannis. Kyrie has been taking it inside plenty, yet he has nowhere near the calls of Giannis.

100% agree.
Man, people need to man up around here.  They’ve been better.  Period.
You aren't the paragon of truth and rationality that you think you are
😁
Yeah, one of us is living in make believe.

Yeah, namely the guy that is literally arguing that Giannis "Dr. Offensive Foul" Antetokounmpo is getting a fair whistle, i.e. you.

Giannis is getting a fair whistle, we should stop fouling hi every time. But in fairness to the Celtics its hard not too.

« Reply #981 on: May 03, 2019, 11:06:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn

Baynes is so soft. Always injured. We need a new backup big man. I'm ready to move on from him.

He's not soft, he plays a very physical style and that is going to lead to a lot of injuries though.

« Reply #982 on: May 03, 2019, 11:06:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Rofl. Is that why he played 81 games in his first season here? Or 75 the season before that? Or 81 the season before that? This has been his only season ever where he's had injury issues - in SAS he wasn't getting into the rotation, but he was healthy.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #983 on: May 03, 2019, 11:06:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Just saw a crazy stat. If you discount garbage time, the Bucks have shot 77% of the TOTAL free throws of the series.
About what we should have expected given they shoot a lot and we shoot a little.

You really are ridiculous. I understand trying to be objective, but you really have wool over your eyes if you think they haven't got a favorable call all series, especially Giannis. Kyrie has been taking it inside plenty, yet he has nowhere near the calls of Giannis.

100% agree.
Man, people need to man up around here.  They’ve been better.  Period.
You aren't the paragon of truth and rationality that you think you are
😁
Yeah, one of us is living in make believe.

Yeah, namely the guy that is literally arguing that Giannis "Dr. Offensive Foul" Antetokounmpo is getting a fair whistle, i.e. you.

Giannis is getting a fair whistle, we should stop fouling hi every time. But in fairness to the Celtics its hard not too.
Jeesh

« Reply #984 on: May 03, 2019, 11:09:29 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Rozier has shown why he DOESN'T deserve a big contract.. ridiculous inconsistent..hayward was trash yet again for 2nd straight hame. Tatum was pretty good... Needs to go to whole and stop falling in love with fall away. Jaylen was excellent and was victim if bad foul calls.. kyrie was pretty decent.. horford was average. Team is definitely missing Smarts energy.. brad needs to show some.life

« Reply #985 on: May 03, 2019, 11:10:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Rozier has shown why he DOESN'T deserve a big contract.. ridiculous inconsistent..hayward was trash yet again for 2nd straight hame. Tatum was pretty good... Needs to go to whole and stop falling in love with fall away. Jaylen was excellent and was victim if bad foul calls.. kyrie was pretty decent.. horford was average. Team is definitely missing Smarts energy.. brad needs to show some.life

Tatum was pretty good? What game did you watch?

« Reply #986 on: May 03, 2019, 11:11:12 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 743
What happened to the Celtics having one of the brightest futures in the league after we drafted Brown and Tatum and signed Hayward and Horford ?

This was all before Irving was even in the picture and now, all those players are horrible ??

We lose Irving and a chance at Davis, I say we still have a bright future - Hayward will continue to recover, Tatum's psyche was destroyed by the drama and changes this year, I say he returns to form, Brown keeps getting better, we have all the draft picks. We'll need some important additions, but you guys act like we're starting over if we keep our young core of talent. I think losing Irving is the best thing that could happen to this team - they would come into training camp with the weight of the world off their shoulders. And they wouldn't be "walking on eggshells."
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #987 on: May 03, 2019, 11:11:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Tatum was pretty good? What game did you watch?
I think his first half was really quite solid. Then he turned back into bad Tatum in the second half - no effort on defence and lazy mid-range shots

« Reply #988 on: May 03, 2019, 11:12:48 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
https://twitter.com/BrianTRobb/status/1124510807881080832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1124510807881080832&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Brad Stevens: "I don't complain about officials. We have a lot of things we have to work on."

Lol and there you have it. Dude is too soft to be a winning coach in the playoffs when it comes down to it. Virtually every other coach lobbies for their team, especially in the playoffs, sometimes even when they're not getting a noticeably bad whistle. But, no, not Brad; he's too principled (read: "soft") for that.

This is simply part of the game, especially in the playoffs, and he's not advocating for his team like he needs to by refusing to do this. #soft

« Reply #989 on: May 03, 2019, 11:13:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
What happened to the Celtics having one of the brightest futures in the league after we drafted Brown and Tatum and signed Hayward and Horford ?

This was all before Irving was even in the picture and now, all those players are horrible ??

We lose Irving and a chance at Davis, I say we still have a bright future - Hayward will continue to recover, Tatum's psyche was destroyed by the drama and changes this year, I say he returns to form, Brown keeps getting better, we have all the draft picks. We'll need some important additions, but you guys act like we're starting over if we keep our young core of talent. I think losing Irving is the best thing that could happen to this team - they would come into training camp with the weight of the world off their shoulders. And they wouldn't be "walking on eggshells."

Jaylen Brown has been a very pleasant surprise to me thus far. Two years in a row he's the most impressive player on the floor for us in the playoffs, and is even better this year. This after I was just about writing him off earlier this season.