Author Topic: Season tickets for next year  (Read 4954 times)

Season tickets for next year
« on: May 02, 2008, 06:23:32 PM »

Offline dksidey

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Hey guys,

I was lucky this year and was able to get a hold of some balcony season tickets for next year. Something I'm finding strange though is that when I divide the price I'm paying by the number of home games in a season (41) I'm finding I'm paying about twice what the seat is going for individually. Does anyone know if this is typical? Are the Celts raising seat prices by that much next year? or is it typical to pay more per ticket when you get season tickets. I would have thought it would be the opposite. Anyways, I'm still gonna buy them, I was just wondering if anyone knew why that happened so I could try to spin it off to my girlfriend as a bargain of some sort.  ;D

Re: Season tickets for next year
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 06:29:44 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Hey guys,

I was lucky this year and was able to get a hold of some balcony season tickets for next year. Something I'm finding strange though is that when I divide the price I'm paying by the number of home games in a season (41) I'm finding I'm paying about twice what the seat is going for individually. Does anyone know if this is typical? Are the Celts raising seat prices by that much next year? or is it typical to pay more per ticket when you get season tickets. I would have thought it would be the opposite. Anyways, I'm still gonna buy them, I was just wondering if anyone knew why that happened so I could try to spin it off to my girlfriend as a bargain of some sort.  ;D

It sounds to me like you might be victim of impulse to a sales agent?   :o

I've never heard of someone paying more for having season tickets but maybe there is a mistake. Call the ticket office for an explanation and potential refund.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 06:49:04 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
Are you buying two seats?

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 07:11:24 PM »

Offline Loge7

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
There could be two factors....

1) Tickets prices are going to have a marginal increase next year (I think $3-5 per seat up in the balcony)

2) You are buying 43 games not 41. As a season ticket holder you are obligated to buy the two preseason games as well.

Then I think there is a $20 fee for the season for printing all the tickets

Add that all up and see if you are closer to your invoice number

Whatever it is though, season tickets are less than box office price

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Make sure you are comparing apples...not all balcony seats are the same.  Center sections are more expensive than corners, which are more expensive than ends. Lower rows cost more than higher rows.

The only add-on to the face value is the one-time processing fee, about $20 per account(not per seat).

Last year, they offered me a nice discount on the full season with early renewal, because it was pre-trade and he prospects weren't so good.  This year, no discount, and the prices went up slightly ($3 per seat per game).  I'm ok with that, based on how much they improved the product.

Don't forget the season ticket package includes 2 pre-season games, a couple of special events, a few trinkets, and usually a gift card to a local restaurant.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 05:31:03 AM »

Offline dksidey

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Thank you to all. I apologize, I bought two tickets and that accounted for the discrepancy. Basically, I screwed up in the accounting and wasted your time. Sorry for the waste of time.