Author Topic: Tired of ESPN's Body Issue photos/ashamed of IT  (Read 18697 times)

Re: Tired of ESPN's Body Issue photos/ashamed of IT
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2017, 03:43:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
It's the human body,  not ****. So you consider 'David' ****?

That's a different topic to a point, but I don't see statues of David on ESPN. This isn't art. It's trying to push extremes and filth. That's what Disney does anymore sadly. The human body should be covered, however at the least I shouldn't have to have that pop up in my face without choosing to go see it.

Just because YOU don't think it's art doesn't mean it isn't. You don't get to decide what's art for everyone else. You don't like it? Don't look and shut the heck up. When you have a problem with Disney then perhaps it's time to look at the root causes of your own squeamishness.

By the way, if you want to see filth I'm sure we can direct you to some more entertaining sites.
Right here is exactly the problem. They don't allow me the choice not to look at it. And to say shut the heck up is exactly what's wrong with things these days. You're all for freedom of expression and choice as long as they agree with you. If not then shut the heck up. People's freedom extends to the point that it takes away others freedoms. You can't choose to force your beliefs on others. I'm not trying to say you can't look at this if you choose to. I'm just saying I shouldn't be forced to. So when I go on a sports page I shouldn't be forced to look at naked butts.
if espn started showing ****o during the day, these same people saying "its just the human body" would he justifying it by saying "its just sex! Who cares, don't look!"

Its ridiculous

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2017, 03:46:31 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

That's a different topic to a point, but I don't see statues of David on ESPN. This isn't art. It's trying to push extremes and filth. That's what Disney does anymore sadly. The human body should be covered, however at the least I shouldn't have to have that pop up in my face without choosing to go see it.

Just because YOU don't think it's art doesn't mean it isn't. You don't get to decide what's art for everyone else. You don't like it? Don't look and shut the heck up. When you have a problem with Disney then perhaps it's time to look at the root causes of your own squeamishness.

By the way, if you want to see filth I'm sure we can direct you to some more entertaining sites.
Right here is exactly the problem. They don't allow me the choice not to look at it. And to say shut the heck up is exactly what's wrong with things these days. You're all for freedom of expression and choice as long as they agree with you. If not then shut the heck up. People's freedom extends to the point that it takes away others freedoms. You can't choose to force your beliefs on others. I'm not trying to say you can't look at this if you choose to. I'm just saying I shouldn't be forced to. So when I go on a sports page I shouldn't be forced to look at naked butts.
Well that just isn't true at all. Don't go to ESPN.com and you won't see it.

It's also telling that there is no similar thread dedicated to the SI Swimsuit issue, which is much more ****ographic in its intent.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2017, 03:48:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2017, 03:52:05 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
No one is forcing you to look. I don't want to see that a**hole Lavar Ball either but it's not my website to control.

Usually these "ultimate arbiters of morality" who think that Disney is risque and that the human form is evil are the same ones who let their 9 year old kids stay up and watch the Walking Dead. I can feel the waves of hypocrisy from this thread. The only correct thing to do is to photobomb this thread into oblivion. So with that I present two glorious spectacles of the human form who are now both deceased.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:00:28 PM by Granath »
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

But nobody is forcing you to go onto that sports page, so nobody is really forcing you to "look at naked butts." Nobody is violating your negative rights in this situation, because you're the one making the conscious choice to get on that privately-owned site.

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2017, 03:56:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

if espn started showing ****o during the day, these same people saying "its just the human body" would he justifying it by saying "its just sex! Who cares, don't look!"

Its ridiculous

Lol no. That's what you call a false analogy.

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2017, 03:59:45 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

No one is forcing you, so stop it. ESPN is running up to your house, holding you down and taping your eyes open shoving it in your face. It comes in the mail, you see A naked butt, you roll it up, toss it out. If you are seeing "Butts", then you are opening it up. Unless the cover has man athletes on it, then yes you see butts, but a few, and not many.

Also there is NO difference between IT's nude photo and the statue of David outside of medium, nothing. When I did my art classes we used nude models to learn about the human body. It's not "soft ****", theres no trusting,grinding or heavy petting. Most of it has hardly any sexual content in it. It's them doing there thing that makes them athletes. You go to an art gallery and see a nude painting of a woman thats fine, but a photo of an athlete covering the major bits, thats soft ****, give me a break.

Wilforck and Gronk did it too, wheres the body shaming with them? This is why woman can't breast feed in public with out having all these cover up contraptions. When I see a woman breast feeding, I look the other way and give get piece.

I do have to say, these photos are great for my art work. All the muscles moving how they should. I can make some nice super hero prints for the up coming shows. Thanks for the heads up on them. :)

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2017, 04:00:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
sex sells

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2017, 04:01:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

No one is forcing you, so stop it. ESPN is running up to your house, holding you down and taping your eyes open shoving it in your face. It comes in the mail, you see A naked butt, you roll it up, toss it out. If you are seeing "Butts", then you are opening it up. Unless the cover has man athletes on it, then yes you see butts, but a few, and not many.

Also there is NO difference between IT's nude photo and the statue of David outside of medium, nothing. When I did my art classes we used nude models to learn about the human body. It's not "soft ****", theres no trusting,grinding or heavy petting. Most of it has hardly any sexual content in it. It's them doing there thing that makes them athletes. You go to an art gallery and see a nude painting of a woman thats fine, but a photo of an athlete covering the major bits, thats soft ****, give me a break.

Wilforck and Gronk did it too, wheres the body shaming with them? This is why woman can't breast feed in public with out having all these cover up contraptions. When I see a woman breast feeding, I look the other way and give get piece.

I do have to say, these photos are great for my art work. All the muscles moving how they should. I can make some nice super hero prints for the up coming shows. Thanks for the heads up on them. :)
actually ESPN has exclusive rights to many NBA games, nfl games, mlb games, and NCAA games. So yea he's forced to watch espn if he wants to watch 99% of games today. Then the perverted body issue commercial comes on unannounced during the game, I've seen it in-game as well.

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2017, 04:04:57 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
It's the expectation of what you will see somewhere. To make the point here's an extreme example. If I go into a 2nd grade elementary school class I do not expect to see a risque picture of a lady in a swimsuit. Using the argument " well it's the human body, or if you don't like it don't send your kids to school. Stupid argument.

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2017, 04:17:25 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I think the Body Issue is dumb and pointless, but I think you may be overreacting a bit concluding that this somehow showcases a lack of morals from ESPN.

I don't go to SI.com, but out of curiosity do they plaster their front page with bewbs during the month that the swimsuit edition comes out?
so 2 wrongs make a right?
I'm not getting what you are trying to imply there? 

I'm just wondering if SI.com does the same thing or not; I don't recall people being as upset with the swimsuit edition as they are with the body issue, so I'm actually under the assumption that SI doesn't constantly plaster those images on their front page.  I believe that the swimsuit edition is a separate annual magazine as opposed to taking up a regular magazine slot like ESPN does it, but again I don't use SI so I'm not certain/
You can go to SI.com and if you scroll down you will come to a section called Extra Mustard & SI Swim, which is far worse than anything you would find in the ESPN body issue.  And for the record that section is on SI.com year round. 

Here are the articles currently on it.  The pictures don't show up, but two of them are a very attractive woman in lingerie and Emily Ratajkowski topless with her arm covering her breasts.

Extra Mustard & SI Swim

Extra Mustard

Weekend Hot Clicks: Demi Rose; Lonzo Ball's 'Worst Game Ever'

Weekend Hot Clicks feature the lovely Demi Rose and Lonzo Ball's 'Worst Game Ever'.

by Andrew Doughty

Extra Mustard

It's the anniversary of the biggest heel turn in wrestling history

Hulk Hogan joined the NWO on July 7, 1996.

by Jimmy Traina

Extra Mustard

Bruce Prichard previews WWE's Great Balls of Fire

by Justin Barrasso

Swim Daily

Emily Ratajkowski reveals why people won't work with her sometimes

by Kelsey Hendrix

Extra Mustard

5 sports-themed pool floats for summer
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2017, 04:18:25 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

actually ESPN has exclusive rights to many NBA games, nfl games, mlb games, and NCAA games. So yea he's forced to watch espn if he wants to watch 99% of games today. Then the perverted body issue commercial comes on unannounced during the game, I've seen it in-game as well.
1. Notice how you wrote "if he wants to" because he has the choice not to do these things.

2. What you're claiming is false. ESPN isn't splashing pictures of naked bodies across the screen in the middle of basketball games and many beer commercials show as much skin as ESPN's Body Issue shows anyway. What we're talking about is, primarily, scrolling through the web site and those who get the paper magazine, which is easily tossed.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2017, 04:23:07 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

..so is censorship not a form of the exact Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. you're trying to accuse people of here? It's one thing to say "it shouldn't be on TV or on the front page of ESPN", it's another to suggest that it's **** and shouldn't exist. Your freedoms do not extend to the point of censoring something just because you don't like it
I'm bitter.

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2017, 04:26:51 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
It's the expectation of what you will see somewhere. To make the point here's an extreme example. If I go into a 2nd grade elementary school class I do not expect to see a risque picture of a lady in a swimsuit. Using the argument " well it's the human body, or if you don't like it don't send your kids to school. Stupid argument.

That's not an argument anyone is making. If you want to get anywhere, refute people's actual points instead of this odd and non-existant opinions you seem to be trying to assign people

Literally no one is making you or your children go to ESPN's website, or withholding something like education if you don't
I'm bitter.

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2017, 04:30:15 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

That's not an argument anyone is making. If you want to get anywhere, refute people's actual points instead of this odd and non-existant opinions you seem to be trying to assign people

Literally no one is making you or your children go to ESPN's website, or withholding something like education if you don't

Lol.  A hypothetical in which a man's children will be denied education unless they view images of "naked butts." How are the ideas in this thread even being conjured up?  A-plus content.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC