Author Topic: Trade Ideas for Mirotic or Randle.  (Read 4873 times)

Trade Ideas for Mirotic or Randle.
« on: December 04, 2018, 01:02:04 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Not for Davis. I want Mirotic or Julius randle I would prefer Mirotic they both average near 20 points 10 rebounds. Mirotic is the superior shooter by far and he still averages 10 rebounds per game while Randall average is 19 + 9 and he's a better passer and defender.

Example ideas are brown Rozier and yabusele for Mirotic. Or for Randall who makes less money. Morris and Rozier would work.

TPs for realistic trade ideas for either of these big guys.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 09:24:18 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Trade Ideas to Pelicans
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 05:22:27 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Why would NOP want any of Rozier, Yabusele or Morris?  Mirotic and Randall are better.  NOP's primary goal has to be to get AD to re-sign.  Making these trades would certainly wouldn't help doing so and probably would hurt. 

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 05:47:34 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Why would we want to trade for anybody on the Pelicans roster if his name is not Anthony Davis?!

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 09:22:52 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Why would NOP want any of Rozier, Yabusele or Morris?  Mirotic and Randall are better.  NOP's primary goal has to be to get AD to re-sign.  Making these trades would certainly wouldn't help doing so and probably would hurt.

Bad post. We have up to 4 firsts next year. your job as a poster in this thread is to come up with an idea that you think is a reasonable offer for one of these two big men.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 09:23:38 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Why would we want to trade for anybody on the Pelicans roster if his name is not Anthony Davis?!

Because we're not going to get Anthony Davis. So let's focus on a big man that we could probably actually acquire if we wanted to this team needs another big that can a rebound and shoot

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 09:24:57 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Morris could be a solution for them at the 3. Decent defender, good shooter. That's exactly what New Orleans needs at that position. If they would get Rozier as well that wouldn't be a terrible deal for them.

Boston should never give up Brown though for either of them.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 09:40:03 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Because we're not going to get Anthony Davis. So let's focus on a big man that we could probably actually acquire if we wanted to this team needs another big that can a rebound and shoot
We need an upgrade (Davis), all else is irrelevant and diminishes chemistry.

"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Re: Trade Ideas for Mirotic or Randle.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 10:14:04 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I like both players, but when you consider what you'd have to give up to get either, and how our roster is already formed, I'm not sure they're worth it.

For Mirotic, Morris would likely have to be included with Rozier and Yabu. I think Morris is a better player in the modern NBA by himself, but when you have to give up a starting quality guard and a prospect too, that's way too much.

For Randle you could probably do Rozier and Yabu, but then you are giving up your backup point guard with a prospect for a player that would probably be your 4th-5th big man (after Horford, Morris, and Baynes). He offers rebounding, but that's not a weakness of this team anymore. He can pass, but he commits just as many turnovers as assists. He can't stretch the floor or protect the rim. He might be a frenetic defender, but he is not a fundamentally sound defender. At that point, isn't Theis (and maybe Williams) a better option for our team.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Our team is pretty good.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 10:21:04 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I wouldn't trade for either.   One is a one year rental.  Both will cost multiple players on the Celtics rotation who could be arguably better.   

More to the point, no life lines to NO.   The Celtics have to think big about that team in terms of trades in the off-season.   

Only reason to make a big trade now is if another top level player that helps the team comes available.   These are not top players.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 11:10:03 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
no trades till offseason when we can get Davis 😁
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 11:34:57 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I think either player would be a good add to balance our roster and add some big talent/depth.  Either would probably start for us and then we could move Morris back to the bench where he is a real weapon.  Problem is we don't match up very well with NOP for a trade.  We could offer Rozier but he doesn't make enough and they don't really need a back up PG.  Their big need seems to be a wing but I don't want to give up Brown or Tatum.

Offering Rozier and Morris together may get NOP thinking but I don't want to trade Morris as he is our second big right now.  We would trade one big just to get back a different big.  Makes no sense to me.

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 11:55:53 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
We need an upgrade (Davis), all else is irrelevant and diminishes chemistry.

Sorry Andro, this take is garbage. Makes no sense t

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 12:31:11 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
This is the guy I've been talking about for a couple of years, and who I would want: 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/v/vucevni01.html

I'll start with a Rozier package and build on from there.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 01:25:02 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
This is the guy I've been talking about for a couple of years, and who I would want: 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/v/vucevni01.html

I'll start with a Rozier package and build on from there.

I like Vucevic as well, but his asking price is probably quite high right now. Although it's probably in Orlando's best interest to make a choice between making a trade for an All Star PG or trading away Vucevic for draft picks.

Another problem is that it's very hard to match salaries.

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 01:39:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Not for Davis. I want Mirotic or Julius randle I would prefer Mirotic they both average near 20 points 10 rebounds. Mirotic is the superior shooter by far and he still averages 10 rebounds per game while Randall average is 19 + 9 and he's a better passer and defender.

Example ideas are brown Rozier and yabusele for Mirotic. Or for Randall who makes less money. Morris and Rozier would work.

TPs for realistic trade ideas for either of these big guys.
ugh, no thanks.

Morris is the best player of the bunch and been the most consistent for us all year.  Brown is still likely to be far better than either of them.  he's been coming around the last 4 games he's played and even if he hadn't been, no way I'd give up that kind of talent for a journeyman level player like Mirotic or Randle.

Neither of those guys are plus defenders unlike Brown and Morris.  who are you proposing either of these 2 would take minutes from?  Baynes? nope.  Horford?  no freaking way.  Theis?  they may be better shooters right now but Theis has been coming around offensively lately so I don't see enough gain from them offensively to justify putting Theis' D, hustle and rebounding further down the bench.

not seeing a point to acquiring either player.