Author Topic: Woj- Cs one of 6 teams to get a meeting with Durant  (Read 10929 times)

Woj- Cs one of 6 teams to get a meeting with Durant
« on: June 25, 2016, 03:50:09 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
http://yhoo.it/28UgZ1H

We are way on the outside looking in I'm sure but it's nice to at least get a meeting. It says to expect a decision before July 9 sounds like his minds made up already, back to the Thunder unless he's blown away most likely.

Also this from Kevin O'Connor
The Celtics are the only team on Durant's list of five teams that can sign two free agents to a max contract https://t.co/hmncXs6qJm
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: KD to meet with the Celtics once FA opens
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:55:29 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 04:14:58 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
http://yhoo.it/28UgZ1H

We are way on the outside looking in I'm sure but it's nice to at least get a meeting. It says to expect a decision before July 9 sounds like his minds made up already, back to the Thunder unless he's blown away most likely.

Also this from Kevin O'Connor
The Celtics are the only team on Durant's list of five teams that can sign two free agents to a max contract https://t.co/hmncXs6qJm

How can they be on the outside when they are on his shortlist?

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 04:49:24 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
...and we can sign Westbrook for him next year. Crablegs too!

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 04:58:06 AM »

Online LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 393
So it's either:
Thunder
Warriors
Spurs
Clippers
Heat
Celtics

Of those 6 teams, only the 2 eastern teams are currently not contenders. Once they land Durant, they're probably a piece away from contention.
- LilRip

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 05:08:37 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

Woj- Cs one of 6 teams to get a meeting with Durant
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 06:17:54 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Yahoo Sports

Sources: KD to host free-agent meetings starting July 1

Yahoo Sports By Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical 6 hours ago

Oklahoma City Thunder superstar Kevin Durant is planning to host free-agency meetings at a singular location starting July 1, league sources told The Vertical.

Durant’s representatives at Roc Nation are working to solidify invitations with the Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs and Thunder, league sources said.
The meetings are expected to take place in New York, but teams are still awaiting word on a location.

The Thunder remain the frontrunners to re-sign Durant, likely on a one-plus-one-year deal that will allow Durant to return to free agency in the summer of 2017, league sources said. But more than any other rival suitor, the Warriors have Durant's attention, league sources said.

Durant’s public and private criteria for the free-agent selection process have pertained to a singular focus: the chance to win titles immediately.

Several teams that have interest in Durant – the Denver Nuggets, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and Washington Wizards – could still find audiences with him, but appear to be outsiders in the process now.

Durant is planning to leave on a publicity tour in the Far East on July 9, and a decision is expected before the departure date, league sources said.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:07:37 AM by Eddie20 »

Re: Woj- Cs one of 6 teams to get a meeting with Durant
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 06:30:18 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I hope Durant leaves OKC. I'd like to see the NBA landscape change. Getting dull.

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 07:33:02 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
We got a meeting??? Somebody, quick, get Russell/Heinsohn/and every other Celtics great on the phone. They've got a recruitment trip!

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 07:57:57 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
It's great that the meetings are in NY and the Knicks aren't included despite publicly stating they plan to pursue him.   ;D

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 07:58:08 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Honestly the best chances for Cs to get Durant are to impress/ intrigue him this summer, but that he ultimately signs a one year deal with OKC, then Cs sign one max FA this offseason (Hordord) and Cs go on to outperform expectations in regular season and playoffs whereas the Thunder and Warriors (biggest threat IMO) underperform. Then I think we have a good shot next summer.

Basically my biggest worry now is that Durant signs with GSW this summer. They are so much closer than we are. They are a loaded contender.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 08:02:20 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I know it would never happen... but imagine bird kg pierce ray rajon helping the c's recruit.... showing they bleed green

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 08:11:11 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Honestly the best chances for Cs to get Durant are to impress/ intrigue him this summer, but that he ultimately signs a one year deal with OKC, then Cs sign one max FA this offseason (Hordord) and Cs go on to outperform expectations in regular season and playoffs whereas the Thunder and Warriors (biggest threat IMO) underperform. Then I think we have a good shot next summer.

Basically my biggest worry now is that Durant signs with GSW this summer. They are so much closer than we are. They are a loaded contender.
They could but howe would they be able to fit him under the cap?

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 08:12:33 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
The real benefit to getting a meeting with Durant is that it signals to other max free agents that they should also consider Boston. 

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 08:14:04 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I wonder if Danny is waiting to talk to durant first. And ask him. If we get butler are you coming. Maybe he will offer the bk 17 picks crowder whoever just waiting to see where he is at?