Author Topic: The C's will have alot of options come draft night  (Read 3691 times)

The C's will have alot of options come draft night
« on: June 20, 2009, 09:14:31 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
   Just like many of you out there i'm pretty dissapointed that we only have the 58th pick in the draft. I think this is a very interesting draft with many players who can instantly contribute to a team. However, we have heard many rumors and where there is smoke there is fire. Come June 26th I will be very surprised if the celtics went through the whole draft standing pat.
   With that said, with players with such upside like rondo and players who have expiring contracts like Tony and Scals, I think Danny knows that this would be a tremendous oppurtunity to add depth to our roster.

Option 1: Trade Rondo and Allen for Stoudemire, Barbosa, and the 14th pick. draft Wayne Ellington.

Potential Roster:
Barbosa/ Marbury/ Pruitt
Ellington/ House
Pierce/ Walker
Garnett/ Davis/ Powe
Stoudemire/ Perkins

Thoughts- The combo of Perk, Stoudemire, and Garnett would be beastly in the paint but i don't think it's worth giving up our all star backcourt for.

Option 2: Trade Rondo, Tony Allen, and Scals for Nocioni, the 4th pick, and the 31st pick. Draft Stephen Curry and Patty Mills.

Potential Roster:
Curry/ Mills
Allen/ House
Pierce/ Nocioni/ Walker
Garnett/ Davis/ Powe
Perkins/ McDyess

Thoughts- This trade makes sense for the kings. They get a great playmaker in Rondo, and 2 expiring contracts. That will save them money for the big free agent summer of 2010. As for the C's, getting rid of rondo will sting but Curry and Mills (if both available) both have crazy upside and Nocioni backing up Pierce would be huge for us.

Option 3: Trade Ray for Mike James, Darius Songaila, Etan Thomas, and the 5th pick. Draft Tyreke Evans.

Potential Roster:
Rondo/ James
Evans/ House
Pierce/ Nocioni(traded for Tony, Scal and Gabe)
Garnett/ Davis/ Powe/ Thomas
Perkins/ Songaila

Thoughts- This was a rumor, and personally i hope it was just a rumor. Sure it saves us money, but I don't think this roster gets it done. If we do trade into the five slot i think the pick would be evans and i just dont think that Evans who is a pretty mediocre shooter is ready to start for a championship squad.

Option 4: Trade Rondo, Scals, Tony and the 58th pick for the 10th pick, Mbah a Moute, Gadzuric, and the 41st pick. Draft Johnny Flynn and Dante Cunningham.

Potential Roster:
Jason Kidd (full MLE)/ Flynn
Allen/ House
Pierce/ Mbah a Moute/ Walker
Garnett/ Powe or Davis/ Cunningham
Perkins/ Gadzuric

Thoughts- This trade has not been talked about. I thought it up thinking it makes sense for both teams. It gives us a backup C and SF while giving us Johnny Flynn who in my opinion has Rondo like potential. I'd only do this trade if we could not financially give Rondo the extention he wants.

Option 5: Trade Perkins and Walker for the #2 pick. Draft Hasheem Thabeet.

Potential roster:
Rondo/ Marbury/ Pruitt
Allen/ House
Pierce/ Hill
Garnett/ Davis or Powe/ Scalabrine
Thabeet/ ?

Thoughts- Once again, hope this rumor is false. Perkins is the anchor to our defense. Not that Thabeet isnt a good defensive prospect but he lacks experience and not to mention he's a potential bust.

Option 6: New Orleans is seliing the 21st pick. Buy it to get a backup SF.

Potential Roster:
Rondo/ Marbury
Allen/ House
Pierce/ Terrence Williams/ Walker
Garnett/ Powe or Davis/ Scalabrine
Perkins/ McDyess

Can't wait for the draft! Tell me what you think.

Re: The C's will have alot of options come draft night
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 10:14:26 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I like option 6, I believe T-Will is pro ready and can step in and spell PP, although I much rather want the backup to be a veteran. However it does keep our core intact, so I like it, and also gives us McDyess, can't complain about that.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 10:19:18 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
#6 sounds good. #3 could be a possibility, but not a fan of Tyreke Evans. The rest of them you can probably guess my opinion by my sig...

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 10:56:04 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
Here's my two cents:

There's no way Minnesota wants all their draft picks (3 first, 2 second), especially with a new coach coming in.

I have a gut feel that the T-Wolves shop the #18 pick hard and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Celts bite.

thoughts?
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 12:07:27 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Option 6 is the only one I'd be happy about.

Option 3 might turn out to be decent, but I'd be worried.

The other options...yeah, I hope not.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 12:12:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I want a veteran backup SF. Not another rookie who'd probably need a year or two to become productive.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 03:27:58 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

I want a veteran backup SF. Not another rookie who'd probably need a year or two to become productive.

Yeah, that's a good point.  But just because we drafted one wouldn't mean we couldn't sign another vet - say a guy like Quinton Ross or something, or even Grant Hill. 

But I'd be happy if we moved up in the draft just so we could maybe get a guy who could be a decent rotation guy for the future, because right now we don't have anyone like that.  Giddens and Walker still have yet to show that they can be rotation players, Pruitt is probably not going to come to fruition while playing here, and Powe is the only bench player that I could see possibly being here still in a few years.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 08:11:36 AM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227

In my opinion, the list of SF Free agents is not very appealing. Sure Grant Hill could possibly contribute but he's what, like 37 years old and has been injured about 40 times. I just don't think he's worth the gamble (ecspecially if we are going to offer him the full MLE) because i dont think he can withstand a whole regular and post season playing big minutes. I rather have a guy like TWill who played a full 4 years at college and can instantly contribute to an NBA squad. By the way, he's a beast defensively.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 09:38:25 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

In my opinion, the list of SF Free agents is not very appealing. Sure Grant Hill could possibly contribute but he's what, like 37 years old and has been injured about 40 times. I just don't think he's worth the gamble (ecspecially if we are going to offer him the full MLE) because i dont think he can withstand a whole regular and post season playing big minutes. I rather have a guy like TWill who played a full 4 years at college and can instantly contribute to an NBA squad. By the way, he's a beast defensively.

Grant Hill made less than $2M this year. I doubt they'd offer him the full MLE.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 10:43:36 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Here's my two cents:

There's no way Minnesota wants all their draft picks (3 first, 2 second), especially with a new coach coming in.

I have a gut feel that the T-Wolves shop the #18 pick hard and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Celts bite.

thoughts?
The Trailblazers have 3 second round picks I bet we buy an early one from them.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19