Poll

Suppose Danny Buys #25 in the first rd. Who do you want?

Chase Budinger
10 (17.5%)
Austin Daye
3 (5.3%)
Psycho T
7 (12.3%)
Sam Young
18 (31.6%)
Darren Collison
4 (7%)
Wayne Ellington
8 (14%)
Marcus Thorton
1 (1.8%)
Nick Calathes
2 (3.5%)
Patty Mills
4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: If we did buy a late 1sr rd draft pick, who would you want? (merged)  (Read 19547 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Do me a favor and explain your vote.

My 2 in order:
Chase Budinger
Wayne Ellington

I think both of these guys give us a viable option on the wing behind Ray Allen that doesn't give up a huge defensive disadvantage (lookin at you, Eddie). I don't think there are viable big man options that could fall to 25, but I think you'd have a shot at Chase, and I know you'd have a shot at Wayne Ellington. Now, ideally I think out of the whole bunch it goes Budinger then Mills, but we don't need a rookie point guard IMO

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: If we did buy a late 1sr rd draft pick, who would you want?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 10:37:14 AM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
I want a big SF or a 7 footer. We lack height off the bench. I have never see Daye play but his scouting reports sounds intriguing...

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:51:04 AM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
I'd take Patrick Mills.  Hes ridiculously fast, he was burning CP3 in the olympics, plus he was injured this year which hurt his stock.  if he was healthy all year theres no way he drops this low.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:10:52 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
The answer here should be Buddinger, but he will be long gone.  He's a lottery pick and maybe even top 10.  I'd go after Jrue Holiday, he's a solid combo guard, athletic, good defender.  He's raw right now, but in a few years he could be a very good player.
do it

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:20:49 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Unless we're trading Giddens and consolidating the roster elsewhere, I don't want Danny to buy a draft pick.  Of the players listed, I like Budinger the best, but I really hope the team goes with vets this year.  We have too many projects already.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 11:26:34 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Unless we're trading Giddens and consolidating the roster elsewhere, I don't want Danny to buy a draft pick.  Of the players listed, I like Budinger the best, but I really hope the team goes with vets this year.  We have too many projects already.

THats a good point

I took my list from Draftexpress's 22-30.

I mean ideally I'd like a guy like James Johnson from Wake Forest (we call him James Posey 2.0)

But I took 22-31

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 11:33:05 AM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

If we go all Vets again with are only looking at the now. I'd rather draft another first rounder and look at the now AND the future at the same time.

We don't want another 2006-07 again where we are left with not only youngins BUT scrub youngins.

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 11:49:03 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Budinger then Mills then Ellington.

But I dont think they will buy one

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I`m so happy that I have no idea about this year`s draft.

All I`ve heard is that this is one of the weakest Drafts in a long time.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 11:55:52 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

If we go all Vets again with are only looking at the now. I'd rather draft another first rounder and look at the now AND the future at the same time.

We don't want another 2006-07 again where we are left with not only youngins BUT scrub youngins.

There are only so many roster spots available, though.  I'd like to see BBD, Powe and House come back, meaning that the only open slots are Mikki, Starbury, and potentially Pruitt, if the team decides to eat whatever guaranteed salary that he has.

Of those 2 or 3 open roster spots, would this team be better served filling them with vets, or rookies taken with the 25th pick in the draft?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 12:12:52 PM »

Offline papa shuttlesworth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 46
Sam Young.
He is a beast.

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 12:24:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

There are only so many roster spots available, though.  I'd like to see BBD, Powe and House come back, meaning that the only open slots are Mikki, Starbury, and potentially Pruitt, if the team decides to eat whatever guaranteed salary that he has.

Of those 2 or 3 open roster spots, would this team be better served filling them with vets, or rookies taken with the 25th pick in the draft?

I still want us to get a hungry young 7 footer.  I know it didn't work out with O'Blount, but that guy never seemed too "hungry".   With the way Rondo has learned from vets and the way Obese has shown improvement, I'd love for us to get a young, raw 7 footer with potential and have him learn from KG while KG's still here.

Sign Robert Swift, Danny!!   

... Kidding

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 12:25:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
They only way I want the C's drafting in the first round is if they can package Tony, and/or Giddens and /or Scal, and cash for a player and the late pick which I seriously doubt happens.

Then again with the economy being what it is, perhaps New Orleans, who is in serious financial trouble, wants to get out of Posey's contract and is willing to give up the pick and the contract for a couple of smallish expiring salaries some much needed cash and the necessity of handing out a guaranteed contract to a rookie at 21.

If so we could get our back up wing back and draft Ellington, if available, as the backup 2 guard.

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 12:27:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I still want us to get a hungry young 7 footer.  I know it didn't work out with O'Blount, but that guy never seemed too "hungry".   With the way Rondo has learned from vets and the way Obese has shown improvement, I'd love for us to get a young, raw 7 footer with potential and have him learn from KG while KG's still here.

Sign Robert Swift, Danny!!   

... Kidding
I'd like too but late in the first there's no one there and I have to believe that after seeing what he did to this club with the POB and Mikki Moore signings that he will address height and length during free agency with players like Sheed, Zaza, and Nestorovic out there that are proven.

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 12:28:22 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
Tyler Smith, depending on the mock draft you look at some have him going late first or early to mid second round. Great SF prospect, probably already better than Bill Walker.
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong