Author Topic: Lebron Admits Mistake  (Read 6292 times)

Re: Lebron Admits Mistake
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Yeah, I'm sure he really wishes he were in Miami with Bosh's blood clots and a declining Wade.

The Cavs are probably not winning a title this year, but they're a shoe-in for the Finals for the foreseeable future.  LeBron made a good decision going there.

Lets pretend this was possible with the salary cap (they wouldn't have signed McRoberts, Wade could be making less if he didn't leave etc). Would it still have been possible for them to get Dragic? Obviously they could still have gotten Johnson and Whiteside and Stoudamire, green at the minimum. Is a team (even without bosh)
with Dragic, Wade, Lebron, Joe Johnson, Whiteside
Stoudamire, Green and a few vet min guys really worse than what Cleveland has now?
It seems like those piece could actually fit together.

I think the one thing Lebron didn't really appreciate was how much better Riley was at attracting players and gaining trust with players than Gilbert to assemble pieces around him.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 04:53:28 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
maybe about his hair transplant thing...

Hahaha.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 05:12:31 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Yeah, I'm sure he really wishes he were in Miami with Bosh's blood clots and a declining Wade.

The Cavs are probably not winning a title this year, but they're a shoe-in for the Finals for the foreseeable future.  LeBron made a good decision going there.

Lets pretend this was possible with the salary cap (they wouldn't have signed McRoberts, Wade could be making less if he didn't leave etc). Would it still have been possible for them to get Dragic? Obviously they could still have gotten Johnson and Whiteside and Stoudamire, green at the minimum. Is a team (even without bosh)
with Dragic, Wade, Lebron, Joe Johnson, Whiteside
Stoudamire, Green and a few vet min guys really worse than what Cleveland has now?
It seems like those piece could actually fit together.

I think the one thing Lebron didn't really appreciate was how much better Riley was at attracting players and gaining trust with players than Gilbert to assemble pieces around him.
Miami the Town helps Riley get players. JJ went to Miami for Climate and so did McRoberts and ....
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 05:19:55 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

And like it wouldn't have been another cakewalk to the Finals if Lebron was with the heat?

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 05:28:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
maybe about his hair transplant thing...

Yeah he is using rogane or sum n up....he got more hair

But about ..the topic  :)........I think he would have come a lot closer with Bosh , Wade , Riley and Whiteside .    He pushed the Warriors HARD by himself last year......maybe with his old team he could have beaten the Warriors .

LeBron has aged a bit ......he seems daunted at the task of putting the Davs on his back and trying again.......he just seems like he wants a quick easy way out .   Skip the regular season ....but it's about conditioning and stamina too. 

But , with Bosh out ....the situation seems not much better than where he is at.

To BE part of another title run.....he may have to leave for a totally new place.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:35:25 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 05:44:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Tp Shaq, I just don't see how anyone can think Cleveland is a better place to win.
 Cast-off rejects like JR Smith, Shumpert, and then miss managing the cap with Thompson and Love playing the same position. Just a no win situation.
 The goal is not to reach the Finals for Lebron, it's to win it.

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 06:23:13 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1551

Tp Shaq, I just don't see how anyone can think Cleveland is a better place to win.
 Cast-off rejects like JR Smith, Shumpert, and then miss managing the cap with Thompson and Love playing the same position. Just a no win situation.
JR Smith and Shumpert are bit players.

Even assuming they still get Dragic and Whiteside, I'd still take a healthy Cavs over the Heat
Irving >> Dragic
Smith << Wade
Love > Bosh (and that was before the heart issues)
Thomson = Whiteside (Whiteside is a better help defender, but not as good in man defense or on the otherside of the floor)

CLE BENCH >>>>> MIA BENCH (especially without Winslow who obviously is not drafted if James is there)

Cleveland was better set up to succeed than Miami was going forward.  That is what happens when the best player in the world joins a team with 3 of the last 4 1st overall picks, with no bad contracts, and all of its future draft picks. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 06:49:38 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
LeBron will go to the Lakers and team up with Durant and Westbrook. That's his new master plan to stop Steph Curry and the Warriors.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 07:19:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Even assuming they still get Dragic and Whiteside, I'd still take a healthy Cavs over the Heat
Irving >> Dragic
Smith << Wade
Thomson = Whiteside (Whiteside is a better help defender, but not as good in man defense or on the otherside of the floor)

CLE BENCH >>>>> MIA BENCH (especially without Winslow who obviously is not drafted if James is there)

Cleveland was better set up to succeed than Miami was going forward.  That is what happens when the best player in the world joins a team with 3 of the last 4 1st overall picks, with no bad contracts, and all of its future draft picks.

I'm not sure that I agree on Love > Bosh, when healthy.  Love is mentally softer, and his defense is terrible.  He's shot 41.7% of below in every month other than November, including shooting 37% FG% / 27% 3PT% in December.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 07:38:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Irving >> Dragic
Smith << Wade

I'm not sure that I agree on Love > Bosh, when healthy.  Love is mentally softer, and his defense is terrible.  He's shot 41.7% of below in every month other than November, including shooting 37% FG% / 27% 3PT% in December.

Also kind of hard to believe you really think Whiteside is not better than Thompson. I am not a Whiteside fan, but whitesite is a much better offensive player and has nearly twice the PER

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 07:42:03 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Maybe he's admitting his mistake was THE DECISION
 :o

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2016, 06:44:29 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Maybe about introducing Delonte West to his mom.

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 07:05:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yeah he is using rogane or sum n up....he got more hair

Now the league is testing for PEDs, maybe he is off cycle?

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2016, 07:16:44 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Maybe about introducing Delonte West to his mom.

This thread has given me several laughs.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale