Author Topic: What's worse: Howard to LA or NY Nets?  (Read 6292 times)

What's worse: Howard to LA or NY Nets?
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:54:15 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Its been mentioned a few times on this board this morning that Howard may go to the Lakers. As a C's fan, I hate even the thought of this. However, if he gets traded to the Nets, wouldn't the Nets, then be favorites win it all?
Deron, Joe Johnson, Wallace, Player X, D. Howard? Who can compete with that?????

I don't know what's worse - to LA or to NY Nets. For the sake of getting out of the east, I am pulling for LA. At least we can hope that Mike Brown screws things up.

Re: What's worse: Howard to LA or NY Nets?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 08:58:30 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Dwight in Brooklyn doesn't make them unstoppable, but they would quickly become one of the four best teams in the conference.  It's a pretty balanced grouping of the four best players, too.  They'd need to still bring in  some role players, some depth, some shooters, but they probably would have a fairly easy time getting guys to sign for short money.  They could pursue someone like Rashard Lewis on the cheap and hope he can find his shooting touch again.  It'd be a real good team.

On LA, whether Dwight is there or not, their success is still going to rest on Kobe.  He'd make them better, but the improvement wouldn't be as dramatic, since he'd be replacing Bynum (who's obviously no slouch himself). 

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
rather have him out west...that would make boston's path a bit easier and leave no real center in the east (maybe bynum only)..esp if hibbert goes

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 09:17:49 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Howard either stays at Orlando , this year and walks to the team of his choice (Nets he says), or he goes to LA. and finishs the best part of his career.  Its a ALICE in Wonderland, once your in you can NEVER leave ;D, (SEE PAU) they pay so much they make you non moveable.

He is forcing the Magic to get rid of him , and now the Nets have squat to offer in return , so basically he has left the MAgic with no choice but to trade him to the LAkers.  Am I wrong in this logic, ? It may not be what Howard , Nets , Magic want, but as usual ...the LAKERS always get what they want.  Except CP3..LoL

Really the only team THAT HAS EVER had the player assets to trade ( can afford to give up ) is LA or Miami ( Wade or LBJ).  They are the richest team with the most player assets. Howard leaving has always been for the past two years about BYNUM and What other asset or player goes with him for Howard. It 's the ONLY real near equal deal that can be made (for Orlando) talent wise.

LAkers were the only team with TWO giant superstar centers who could afford to give up a piece like Bynum . Nobody else had a TWO franchise players young enough to trade off one for Howard.

Its the only deal available for the Magic , same as it has been for past 2 years. , unless they want to get NOTHING like Cleveland did with LBJ.  

This is the SECOND time , LA has taken the franchise center from Orlando.

Not really much point in drafting a ShaQ or Howard if you can't keep him .  

The only good for LA haters is ...two years of Kobe championship runs have been lost for LA by the stubbornness of the Magic owner who vetoed the trade  .  Also now I'm REALLY REALLY not convinced Howard is gonna be 100% and he is older too and will he EVER again be good as BYNUM is now ?  Howard might be a sort of bust. Both Howard and Bynum are HEAD CASES IMO.  Neither are wound to tight.

LA thinks they "NEED" Howard, I don't , they are set with bigs, they need a quality small forward.  Two years ago , It would have been an up grade, not so suure now with Howards back and Bynum playing better than ever.

Bynum won't stay in Orlandop either......he won't sign a long deal, wind up being traded to the Knicks, HEAT or Nets at somepoint.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:43:34 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 09:21:59 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm rooting for Dwight to be a Net.  If he goes to Brooklyn, hopefully, the drama can end.  Also, I welcome the competition in the division.  I think having a strong Atlantic for the foreseeable future will be fun to watch.

So, Howard going to the Lakers would be worse as far as I'm concerned..
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 09:24:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Anything that brings the Lakers closer to a title is really, really bad.

I'd rather see the Nets run off ten in a row than see the Lakers win one.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 09:25:35 AM »

Offline jwoods

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
Couln't care less where he goes, as long as it is NOT LA.  I can't express the level of hatred I have for LA, so I don't want anyone with a talent level above Darko Miličić going to Hollywood...period.  >:(

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 09:25:47 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Howard either stays at Orlando , this year and walks to the team of his choice (Nets he says)

I don't think the Nets will have the cap room to sign Howard in the off-season, unless he's taking $3 million per season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Anything that brings the Lakers closer to a title is really, really bad.

I'd rather see the Nets run off ten in a row than see the Lakers win one.

Pretty much sums it up for me. My hate for LA is almost as strong as my love for Boston.

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 09:40:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I kinda figure the Orlando owner hates the Lakers franchise worse than anybody.  He is prolonging the agony of giving them another prize center.  

He is probally toying with the idea of trading Howard to anybody other than the Lakers , who will give him a decent amount of assets. This would be payback to LA and Howard .

This would make me most happy neither LA or Howard get what they want,  but I wonder if the new Orlando GM can convinced the proud Orlando owner to bow to the wishes of LA once more. .. ;D

I'd probally screw Howard and LA and send him to Houston for a bunch of players and assets,pics whatever , and just feel good.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 09:50:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Howard either stays at Orlando , this year and walks to the team of his choice (Nets he says)

I don't think the Nets will have the cap room to sign Howard in the off-season, unless he's taking $3 million per season.

Yeah ..I kinda though this was the case,  Howard has now painted himself into a corner to be a Laker...

anyway ..I hope the owner dumps Howard on any team that will give him some decent return just to mess up LA and Dh.  I like Howard to go to the Mavs. and help Dirk who has been tossed under the bus.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:03:12 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 10:11:24 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Anything that could ever help LA is worse then helping another team in the NBA.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 10:45:18 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
LA

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 11:48:33 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I don't like the Nets. Badly run organization. I don't want to see them do well.

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't like the Nets. Badly run organization. I don't want to see them do well.

New ownership, new location, new management.  I say it's a little early to say that they are a badly run organization after just a couple of years.  Personally, I'd welcome seeing them establish themselves as a long term legitimate Eastern Conference contender. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson