Author Topic: Hayward Broken Hand  (Read 37240 times)

Re: Hayward Broken Hand
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2019, 08:12:13 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I dont think you guys understand how much the Cs are going to miss GH. He was having an all-star season. The offense was running through him.

I guess if Jaylen or Jason got injured we'd probably miss GH more, but he's been pretty redundant since he got here - evidenced by the fact that the C's win totals really don't change at all whether GH plays or not.
Dont know if you're trolling or being serious...
Definitely both.

« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2019, 09:08:14 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
What are the benefits of having surgery on a fractured bone? I can understand if it was a break, but not necessarily a fracture. Isn’t the healing process for a fracture around 6 weeks anyways? Why add to the bodies process of healing itself by also having it deal with scar tissue and a foreign substance?

« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2019, 09:50:31 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
What are the benefits of having surgery on a fractured bone? I can understand if it was a break, but not necessarily a fracture. Isn’t the healing process for a fracture around 6 weeks anyways? Why add to the bodies process of healing itself by also having it deal with scar tissue and a foreign substance?

It's mainly if the fractured bones are slightly misaligned as a result of the impact and need to be realigned with plates.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2019, 11:32:52 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I dont think you guys understand how much the Cs are going to miss GH. He was having an all-star season. The offense was running through him.

I guess if Jaylen or Jason got injured we'd probably miss GH more, but he's been pretty redundant since he got here - evidenced by the fact that the C's win totals really don't change at all whether GH plays or not.

Going to be a long year, but thus far 2019 GH>2019JT.  And it's not close.  I'm a big fan of both. 

« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2019, 11:54:25 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Going to be a long year, but thus far 2019 GH>2019JT.  And it's not close.  I'm a big fan of both.
Don't disagree, BUT JT will be fine.  My hot take is he goes off against the Wiz - MONSTER GAME.   ;)

« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2019, 11:57:18 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

It's mainly if the fractured bones are slightly misaligned as a result of the impact and need to be realigned with plates.

I can’t remember the last time an athlete with a fracture, hasn’t had surgery. Then again, maybe they consider surgery as just getting a cast.

Reminds me how athletes always have flu-like symptoms, whenever they are sick. I know when I call into work sick, I just say that I’m sick. I have never said I’m out with flu-like symptoms. Why do athletes or the teams make something sound worse, simply because their missing a game?

« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2019, 12:23:45 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

True in general, though with a IVth metacarpal fracture they’re more likely to use pins or screws.

There are a couple of other factors than alignment. If the fracture is near the end of the bone there is often additional damage to joint tissues or to tendons and their attachments. Even then surgery might not be called for.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2019, 12:25:25 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Um, is hayward redundant or are JB and/or JT redundant?

« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2019, 12:48:32 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

A break is the same as a fracture. A complete fracture is when the bone is broken all the way through.

In the case of a metacarpal fracture, the location of the break (what part of the bone) is the most important factor when considering surgery.

I can’t remember the last time an athlete with a fracture, hasn’t had surgery. Then again, maybe they consider surgery as just getting a cast.

They don’t.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2019, 01:33:51 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
So six weeks would be 19 games missed.

vs DAL 11/11 (WIN 116-106)
vs WAS 11/13
@ GSW 11/15
@ SAC 11/17
@ PHO 11/18
@ LAC 11/20
@ DEN 11/22
vs SAC 11/25
vs BRK 11/27
@ BRK 11/29
@NYK 12/1
vs MIA 12/4
vs DEN 12/6
vs CLE 12/9
@ IND 12/11
vs PHI 12/12
@ DAL 12/18
vs DET 12/20
vs CHA 12/22
(6 weeks from this Nov 11, Dec 23)
@ TOR 12/25

What do people think a reasonable expectation  is for the C's in that window?

One down 18 to go.
13-6.  That would put them at 20-7.

« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2019, 10:39:21 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
So six weeks is 19 games missed.

vs DAL 11/11 (WIN 116-106)
vs WAS 11/13 (WIN 140-133)
@ GSW 11/15
@ SAC 11/17
@ PHO 11/18
@ LAC 11/20
@ DEN 11/22
vs SAC 11/25
vs BRK 11/27
@ BRK 11/29
@NYK 12/1
vs MIA 12/4
vs DEN 12/6
vs CLE 12/9
@ IND 12/11
vs PHI 12/12
@ DAL 12/18
vs DET 12/20
vs CHA 12/22
(6 weeks from this Monday, Dec 23)
@ TOR 12/25

What do people think a reasonable expectation  is for the C's in that window?

Two down seventeen to go.

« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2019, 10:41:58 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
thanks keev. please keep this updated it will be interesting to follow. tp.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2019, 10:48:09 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
thanks keev. please keep this updated it will be interesting to follow. tp.

Thats the plan. This west coast trip is gonna be interesting.

« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2019, 10:58:38 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Huh ??  Have you been watching ? They have won the last 2 without Hayward, at home vs losing teams. Hayward is the straw stirring the drink this season - we will miss him badly vs elite teams and also as the season grinds through a couple of road trips. Gotta get him back healthy. Maybe he will be rested and peaking come playoff time.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2019, 11:02:57 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Huh ??  Have you been watching ? They have won the last 2 without Hayward, at home vs losing teams. Hayward is the straw stirring the drink this season - we will miss him badly vs elite teams and also as the season grinds through a couple of road trips. Gotta get him back healthy. Maybe he will be rested and peaking come playoff time.

I hate it when fans state the record without player to say how unimportant a player is to a team. And I agree with what you said. This team needs Hayward esp against elite teams.