Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) vs Sixers (0-0) Utah SL Game 1 7/3/17  (Read 63459 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) vs Sixers (0-0) Utah SL Game 1 7/3/17
« Reply #570 on: July 03, 2017, 09:12:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
SL means nothing, but that game winning jumper was Paul Pierce reincarnated.

And Paul pierce is still alive so that's some crazy ****.

Meaningless yes but they want to win and having a dude who hits winners is always fun.

Tho another loss for Markelle Fultz.  Get used to them.
Couldn't agree more. Markelles already used to losing!
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #571 on: July 03, 2017, 09:12:49 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Brown & Tatum go for 50/20 in the win, with the game winning jumper and blocked shot.

Fultz goes for 17 points (6-16), 2 boards, 1 assist, 4 turnovers and gets rejected by Brown to lose the game, in a game where our PG was the worst player on the court.

Somehow this thread is full of "Fultz is a superstar" posts. Ya'll must be fun at parties.
If you can't see the kid is brilliant, you're blind.

If you think that's the takeaway from this game, like I said, you must be fun at parties.

We all know Fultz is talented, but he was the 3rd best player in a summer league game. Nobody can "see" how great he is based on that. Wow, what a Jordan-esque 6 for 16.

« Reply #572 on: July 03, 2017, 09:13:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Brown & Tatum go for 50/20 in the win, with the game winning jumper and blocked shot.

Fultz goes for 17 points (6-16), 2 boards, 1 assist, 4 turnovers and gets rejected by Brown to lose the game, in a game where our PG was the worst player on the court.

Somehow this thread is full of "Fultz is a superstar" posts. Ya'll must be fun at parties.
He's a great scorer, real smooth. Excellent moves, got the full arsenal on offense, but not a winner.

I agree... so far reminds me of a young Jamal Crawford

« Reply #573 on: July 03, 2017, 09:14:18 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
7/11 is a dumb nickname but it is catchy.

Jaylen heads above everyone today.  I think for all those that were worried about overlapping skills and the inability of Tatum and Brown to play together, today was your answer.  Completely different games, and very complimentary skills.  Brown better in the open floor a better athlete, Tatum dangerous creating his own shot and longer and better hops that we thought.

I know it is only summer league, but that was fun to watch.

« Reply #574 on: July 03, 2017, 09:14:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

If you think that's the takeaway from this game, like I said, you must be fun at parties.

We all know Fultz is talented, but he was the 3rd best player in a summer league game. Nobody can "see" how great he is based on that. Wow, what a Jordan-esque 6 for 16.
He was clearly outplaying Tatum until winning time when Jayson just took over.

Fultz is gonna be terrific but I'm pretty Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing excited about the future of this squad with jayson and jaylen.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #575 on: July 03, 2017, 09:16:30 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
THAT'S why we drafted him! Someone who can create their own shot and get a bucket when we need it....19 yrs old!

This is why I don't get all the hate on Tatum.

People say that defense wins games, but that's not entirely true.  Defense keeps you in games - clutch scorers win games.

* Ray Allen's dagger three lifting Miami over San Antonio for the title
* Durant's pull up jumper eliminating Lebron and the Cavs
* Countless Lakers and Celtics games won at the hands of Paul Pierce / Kobe Bryant daggers

The general consensus out there is that ISO ball is bad because basketball is a team game, yadda yadda yadda.  But for a pure team offense to work, you have to rely on every day guys to hit huge clutch shots - and not a lot of guys have that in them.

More often then not, it's great ISO scorers who end up winning you games - especially in the playoffs.

For similar reasons, I hate the fact that people are so obsessed with three point shots and are so against the midrange game. 

Everybody raves about how midrange jumpers are the worst shot in the game, etc.  But how many games have the Bulls, Celtics, Mavs, Lakers, Cavs and Heat won off midrange jumpers from guy like Paul Pierce, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzski, Lebron James and Dwyane Wade? 

When you're in a tied game or 1 point game and everything's on the line, then two points makes the difference between winning or going home.  And in that scenario I'd put my money on a midrange jumper over a three any day of the week.

« Reply #576 on: July 03, 2017, 09:18:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Jayson Tatum cold blooded assassin

nerve of steel

Brown and Tatum were fantastic. Brown did alot of the damage at the beginning and Tatum near the end.   

Zizic had a decent game.  Works hard, nice size. Otherwise i have no idea how he fits into CBS system.  Maybe only to come in vs the Zaza, Gortats of the worlds

Nader was decent... maybe has a shot to contribute at the pro level. Nothing really stands out. Doesn't look confident in his shooting

Jackson is 1st class garbage

Semi so far looking like Ben Bentil... little to no impact on the floor.   Danny should have picked Jordan Bell

« Reply #577 on: July 03, 2017, 09:18:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Jaylen Brown with a double-double. Probably the next Kobe Bryant-esque player?
He does not belong in the Summer Leauge LOL.

Good to see Tatum shining in his first NBA, summer league game.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #578 on: July 03, 2017, 09:19:25 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
What I took from the C's this game.

Rozier's spot is pretty secure. Jackson and Allen were bad.

Nader can't hang with NBA guards. He also probably won't make the roster if his shooting isn't lights out.

Zizic needs more conditioning. But he should be okay off the bench as the 5th big. His defense and offense needs a lot of work again no way near being a starter for an NBA team. C's may be trouble depth wise.

Tatum needs to watch all the reaching in. But flashed tons of good offense.

Brown shouldn't play any more games unless he simply wants to build chemistry with Tatum. He has nothing to prove.

Semi was active but was not given enough touches to form an opinion.

Bird looked like a guy just looking to shoot and nothing else.

« Reply #579 on: July 03, 2017, 09:19:39 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
First game impressions:

I get people hating on D Jackson's offense... His defense however is pretty solid.  I can see him filling a Phil Pressey role where he's just out there to setup the half-court offense and play D. 

Semi physically looks like a power forward (if you haven't seen him on the court you'll get what this means when you do) he's just built a lot bigger than everyone else around him.  Some very nice things from him including one made 3 pointer from WAY back.  I hope they don't send him to Maine.

It looks like Nader spent an entire season working on all the wrong things in the D-League.  He looked like a potential 3-D NBA wing last year in summer league.  Now he's looking for his offense every time he touches the ball but doesn't have the skill to score reliably in isolation against bigger faster more determined athletes... He looks like he's going to go down swinging however... He DOES play the same speed all game and had some solid takes and timely rebounds. 

Kadeem Allen looks like an NBA player to me.  Actually... he looks like 1 player specifically.  Marcus Smart.

Tatum - Wow... patient, deliberate, fearless a lot better on D than advertised.  Also, if you haven't heard, he took over the game in the 4th quarter and capped it off by hitting a shot to take the lead over 2 players with 5 seconds left.  If he were white I bet he'd have drawn a lot more comparisons to a young Dirk before the draft...

Fultz was absolutely electric.  I can't take anything away from him except his atrocious free throw shooting.

Jaylen Brown... Great progress, if his offense doesn't click this year in the NBA it will next year I think.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him dominate Summer league.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see him plagued by silly young player mistakes (he made a couple over-ambitious drives that turned into turnovers already).

Zizic... Ran out of steam after the first half (about ten minutes of playing) and staggered around the court for the second half.  I think people imagining the next Jokic or Nurkic are going to be sorely disappointed.  Those hoping for a Zaza Pachulia with less motor might be getting exactly what they're looking for.

« Reply #580 on: July 03, 2017, 09:21:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Nader can't hang with NBA guards. He also probably won't make the roster if his shooting isn't lights out.

Zizic needs more conditioning. But he should be okay off the bench as the 5th big. His defense and offense needs a lot of work again no way near being a starter for an NBA team. C's may be trouble depth wise.

Brown shouldn't play any more games unless he simply wants to build chemistry with Tatum. He has nothing to prove.

Bird looked horrible

Danny messed up the 56th pick badly

« Reply #581 on: July 03, 2017, 09:23:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
now there should not be any questions if Tatum was the right choice or not

Danny gets his player plus a  potential future stud 1st

« Reply #582 on: July 03, 2017, 09:24:19 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

Bird looked horrible

Danny messed up the 56th pick badly

Darn.

« Reply #583 on: July 03, 2017, 09:24:34 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
If Fultz has a better year than Tatum (and he likely will), we will be self-inundated with 'what a huge mistake' posts.   I am ALREADY tired of them.  Does no good.  Deal is done. 

We have Jayson Tatum and a future draft pick.  I can't wait to know what that pick gets us -- whether it's a top 5 '18, part of a package that gets a star, or a lottery selection in '19.   This is the focus -- who we have; not who we don't have.

7-11!!!!

« Reply #584 on: July 03, 2017, 09:25:06 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

TP for the write-up and I agree with a lot of it.