Author Topic: Roster Likely Set - Expected Home Stretch Rotation  (Read 5051 times)

Re: Roster Likely Set - Expected Home Stretch Rotation
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2021, 09:05:32 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If this is the second unit, it's not that bad!

Pritchard, Langford, Fournier, Parker, and RWill

Adding Parker really benefited this group and depth, so when healthy, I think the C's can make a run.
Call me crazy, but this is not a very good bench, at all.  Fournier is the only one on that bench that I trust in the playoffs. However, I recognize this thread is not about the playoffs, but just the home stretch.
I think it's pretty comparable to most other playoff teams benches. Teams like Brooklyn and Utah are different beasts because of star power and depth respectively.
Philly: Milton-Hill-Thybulle-Scott-Howard
Milwaukee: Forbes-Connaughton-Nwora-Tucker-Portis
Atlanta: Williams-Bogdanovic-Hill-Gallo-Okongwu
New York: Rose-Quickley-Burks-Toppin-Noel
Phoenix: Payne-Galloway-Craig-Kaminsky-Saric
Denver: Campazzo-Morris-Dozier-Millsap-McGee
LAC: Rondo-Jackson-Morris-Patterson-Zubac

Could go on, but our bench stacks up with these. The only real difference is experience, but I think TT will be our bench big in the playoffs for the most part anyway. A rookie and a guy who is effectively a rookie alongside three veterans with a good balance of offence, shooting and defence suits me fine.
That’s my point. In boscel33’s lineup TT is starting and RWill is on the bench.  That leaves a very inexperienced bench plus no-D Jabari, and will get crushed in the playoffs. 

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2021, 09:17:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If this is the second unit, it's not that bad!

Pritchard, Langford, Fournier, Parker, and RWill

Adding Parker really benefited this group and depth, so when healthy, I think the C's can make a run.
Call me crazy, but this is not a very good bench, at all.  Fournier is the only one on that bench that I trust in the playoffs. However, I recognize this thread is not about the playoffs, but just the home stretch.
I think it's pretty comparable to most other playoff teams benches. Teams like Brooklyn and Utah are different beasts because of star power and depth respectively.
Philly: Milton-Hill-Thybulle-Scott-Howard
Milwaukee: Forbes-Connaughton-Nwora-Tucker-Portis
Atlanta: Williams-Bogdanovic-Hill-Gallo-Okongwu
New York: Rose-Quickley-Burks-Toppin-Noel
Phoenix: Payne-Galloway-Craig-Kaminsky-Saric
Denver: Campazzo-Morris-Dozier-Millsap-McGee
LAC: Rondo-Jackson-Morris-Patterson-Zubac

Could go on, but our bench stacks up with these. The only real difference is experience, but I think TT will be our bench big in the playoffs for the most part anyway. A rookie and a guy who is effectively a rookie alongside three veterans with a good balance of offence, shooting and defence suits me fine.
That’s my point. In boscel33’s lineup TT is starting and RWill is on the bench.  That leaves a very inexperienced bench plus no-D Jabari, and will get crushed in the playoffs.
That's fair, I'm just not too worried about inexperience hurting us in the playoffs. This team has time and again done well with inexperienced guys playing key roles (Tatum, Brown, Smart, Rozier, to name a few). I think it'll be okay as long as we're healthy
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2021, 09:45:24 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
If we ever see this team healthy, or something close to it, they have a really interested 7-man playoff rotation. With Timelord and Thompson splitting minutes at center, that leaves 192 minutes to split between Kemba, Smart, Tatum, Brown, and Fournier. That would come out to 38 minutes a game if no one else played. Obviously, other guys will play but I think it means something that those 7 guys could, conceivably, soak up all the minutes and that is a really good rotation.

Like I said, other guys will play. Pritchard, Langford, Parker, and Kornet (for size) will see minutes as well and they can all do important things to help in certain match-ups.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I maintain optimistic that if this team ever sees the floor, healthy, they can win a series against anyone in the league.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008