Author Topic: Usain Bolt (sprinting records merged)  (Read 17970 times)

Re: Usain Bolt just crushed the WR, again!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 05:49:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

What's the big deal? Didn't Rondo say he could probably beat Bolt in a race?

You know how fast Rondo is right? He would get blown away by far. When was was traded to the Pats he ran a 4.1 in the 40. Which is insanely fast. Someone broke down one of Bolt's runs, by 40 year segments. He had an average of 3.5 per set of 40 yards. That's insane, completely insane. Almost inhuman.

You can't really break down a race into 40 yard segments, you can just measure the 1st 40 yards. The rest is like a 40 yard dash with a running start.

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 05:54:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
This guy is insane, this story should be on the front page, even though its a basketball blog. He went from a 9.69 (which was already crazy) to a 9.58, unreal.

Wow!  .11 seconds is a huge jump (and I'm not being sarcastic)
Yup

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 05:57:30 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I simply dont believe he is clean (although if he is, good for him).

And how stupid are the swimming world records now?  lets just give them propellers to go with their stupid suits.

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 06:10:24 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I don't know if Usain is clean (I think he is) but he was just amazing once again. :o

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 06:12:17 PM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Unbelievable time! Great to watch!

And since he is Jamaican he is surely doped right... ::)

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Bolt's not clean, I'm someone who ran track in high school and college and follow it year round.  I've seen Bolt ever since he started making International competitions.  He's not this fast naturally, and it's only a matter of time before he gets caught. The 200 was his best event and he was sucking on Tyson Gay's dust, then all of a sudden he's shattering Michael Johnson's record. Bolt's dirty with a captial D, like this Dirty.

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 08:48:19 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
This guy is insane, this story should be on the front page, even though its a basketball blog. He went from a 9.69 (which was already crazy) to a 9.58, unreal.

Wow!  .11 seconds is a huge jump (and I'm not being sarcastic)

If you look at the progression of records it should last for about 10 years. Not exactly Bob Beamon territory, but still huge.

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 08:49:26 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 08:53:30 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
Bolt is only like 22, he couldn't have gotten better over the past years with practice and training?
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
And since he is Jamaican he is surely doped right... ::)

Do some research into 1) Jamaica's team, including the recent sprinters on the team who have been busted for PED's, and 2) the unprecedented rate by which Bolt has improved his own times, in multiple events.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 09:07:25 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
So, what's he taking?

(Call me a cynic, but that Jamaican team is a walking pharmacy.  Multiple Jamaican sprinters being busted for steroids + Bolt shaving tenths off his previous bests in record time + lax testing by the Jamaican doping authorities = giant question marks.)
I'm glad I'm not the only cynic in the house. 

Next subject...Phelps.

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 11:11:40 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Who cares what kind of thing Bolt is on.  All this is speculations.  However, the fact that this guy freaking shattered the record is just amazing, inhuman.  Especially considering that this is only one year away from the Olympics, meaning he probably took 3-4 months off and is probably not on the best shape.  When my coworker told me this, I was amazed.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 11:17:12 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Who cares what kind of thing Bolt is on.  All this is speculations.  However, the fact that this guy freaking shattered the record is just amazing, inhuman

Didn't your second sentence answer your first?  People care about whether his record is natural, to see whether his performance in human or inhuman, natural or unnatural.  Records don't mean a lot to me if they're a product of juice.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 11:43:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Who cares what kind of thing Bolt is on.  All this is speculations.  However, the fact that this guy freaking shattered the record is just amazing, inhuman.  Especially considering that this is only one year away from the Olympics, meaning he probably took 3-4 months off and is probably not on the best shape.  When my coworker told me this, I was amazed.
You sound like all those people who were in denial during the Sosa/McGuire HR race who only started questioning what was in their bodies when someone they didn't like shattered their records just a couple years later.

didn't matter that in 100 years 2 guys had ever hit 60+ HRs and now people were doing it every year with one breaching 70. But as soon as someone despicable SHATTERED the record, well, we better look into what he's taking.

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 11:48:15 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
If there's a sport who's numbers are even more in question than those of baseball due to PED use, it's track & field. I call into question every world record broken in track in the last 30 years.

no nod to swimming?

not only does swimming have the same PED concerns, they just shattered all their WR's due to technology and outlawed the new suits.

if any sports records are more worthless than swimming, i'd like to see them :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion