Author Topic: Nastia Was Robbed  (Read 20512 times)

Re: Nastia Was Robbed
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2008, 12:56:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
speaking of Olympic athletes getting robbed...  sounds like a few people are still skeptical about Michael Phelps winning his 7th gold:  http://www.100thofasecond.com/

I dunno... I saw that thing live and my first thought was, "Is David Stern in the house?"

neat how they didn't link to the espn frame by fream photo's that clearly show him touching first, of course, that wouldn't really work out for them  ::).

like all conspiricy sites, they gloss over actual facts. There were picture perfect photo's of the last 10 hundreths of a second from the underwater camera that espn has been running all week, yet somehow they only came up with 2 delibratly out of focus images, one of which (the overhead) that they say clearly shwos phelps was no where near the wall, you can actually see the shadow of his hands underneath the water.

do they not have access to google?

this is like spare change, only without the crazy. least it won't take a walkthrough by a actual expert to disprove there "theory"

They have em there.  Just as links:

thats one of them, wheres the next one that espn ended with?

you can see from there photo that the other kids right hand isnt fully on either. the next ESPN image was of them both extended into the wall. considering in this photo phelps has already hit with all but his trailing hand, and the other kid is ABOUT to touch with both )you know, 100/th of a second to late) it would seem prudent to include the next frame, shich shows them both hands up on the wall.

also, thats a fish eye lense, I dont actually see any space with phelps right hand, its warped, unless his hand is naturally curver up and to the left. you can see the same effect on the 2nd place finsheres far right hand.

on top of that The silver medilists goverment, coaches, and independant observers already reviewed the frame by frame and signed off on it, but of course im sure they got bought off.

so did ESPN i guess, who has this frame by frame and the FINBA rules, and said that they both touched. but i guess they bribed the world wide leader.

oh, and every other news agency, which would kill to run this. butI suppose there in on it too  ::)

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2008, 12:57:33 PM »

Offline BigThreePeat

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 15
speaking of Olympic athletes getting robbed...  sounds like a few people are still skeptical about Michael Phelps winning his 7th gold:  http://www.100thofasecond.com/

I dunno... I saw that thing live and my first thought was, "Is David Stern in the house?"

neat how they didn't link to the espn frame by fream photo's that clearly show him touching first, of course, that wouldn't really work out for them  ::).

like all conspiricy sites, they gloss over actual facts. There were picture perfect photo's of the last 10 hundreths of a second from the underwater camera that espn has been running all week, yet somehow they only came up with 2 delibratly out of focus images, one of which (the overhead) that they say clearly shwos phelps was no where near the wall, you can actually see the shadow of his hands underneath the water.

this is like spare change, only without the crazy. least it won't take a walkthrough by a actual expert to disprove there "theory"

you can see from there photo that the other kids right hand isnt fully on either. the next ESPN image was of them both extended into the wall. considering in this photo phelps has already hit with all but his trailing hand, and the other kid is ABOUT to touch with both )you know, 100/th of a second to late) it would seem prudent to include the next frame, shich shows them both hands up on the wall.

The silver medilists goverment, coaches, and independant observers already reviewed the frame by frame and signed off on it.

I suppose there in on it too  ::)

Meh Phelps lost, but who cares.   The real question is... how in the heck do those cameramen hold their breath for so long?

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 12:57:45 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'd like to see where the rules say that both hands have to touch the "sensor pad".  Both of Phelps' hands touched the wall, before Cavic's (as shown in the other photos). 

I guess everybody needs a cause...

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »

Offline BigThreePeat

• Payton Pritchard
I'd like to see where the rules say that both hands have to touch the "sensor pad".  Both of Phelps' hands touched the wall, before Cavic's (as shown in the other photos). 

For what it's worth, they have a link to that as well:  http://www.100thofasecond.com/fina-rules.jpg

Could be right though... everyone loves a conspiracy.   But I think while watching in realtime I agreed with the thousands in attendance that it sure as heck looked like Phelps lost that one.

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2008, 01:01:51 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

The silver medilists goverment, coaches, and independant observers already reviewed the frame by frame and signed off on it.

Meh Phelps lost, but who cares.   The real question is... how in the heck do those cameramen hold their breath for so long?

If you say so, im sure a small minority will no doubt agree despite all the real evidence.

I mean, loose change still gets cited as real evidence about 9/11, despite being debunked thousands of times by experts the world over.

Truth is int he eye of the beholder.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2008, 01:02:50 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

It's entirely possible that both of Phelps's hands are touching, his left hand is just higher than the other.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2008, 01:03:54 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

For what it's worth, they have a link to that as well:  http://www.100thofasecond.com/fina-rules.jpg

Could be right though... everyone loves a conspiracy.   But I think while watching in realtime I agreed with the thousands in attendance that it sure as heck looked like Phelps lost that one.

uh, you and what thousands in attendance? were just assuming they all agree with you now?

there was no outcry... but again, truth's in the eye of the beholder, if you think the watercube saw what you did, then i guess they did, we can't exactly go interview them.

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2008, 01:12:57 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Again...  that says "the touch".  It doesn't say "sensor pad".  In fact, sense it talks about "the touch" on both turns and the finish, it makes no sense to have their be a "sensor pad" requirement (since there is no sensor pad on turns.)

I do appreciate the effort to drum up controversy and discussion, but that's pretty much the weakest conspiracy site ever.

"But Cavic won in the prelims!"  Haha.  Funny stuff.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2008, 01:22:19 PM »

Offline BigThreePeat

• Payton Pritchard

Again...  that says "the touch".  It doesn't say "sensor pad".  In fact, sense it talks about "the touch" on both turns and the finish, it makes no sense to have their be a "sensor pad" requirement (since there is no sensor pad on turns.)

I do appreciate the effort to drum up controversy and discussion, but that's pretty much the weakest conspiracy site ever.

Yeah but Roy... Phelps "can't bear to look the truth in the eyes": 

Come on.  If that's not concrete evidence, I don't know what is.

lol

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2008, 02:01:52 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

It looked like Phelps was going to get to the wall second. This is like a running race where the person that's behind leans forward and gets his hand across the line before the leader crosses. But in reality the race was too close for anyone to tell including the swimmers.

That site was a joke. The only actual fact he had was the other guy winning the prelims. But Phelps only won about half of his prelims.

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2008, 03:27:25 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Yeah but Roy... Phelps "can't bear to look the truth in the eyes": 

Come on.  If that's not concrete evidence, I don't know what is.

lol

hehe thats not even the guy that placed second, he's in the right hand lane, not the left.

why did they even post that with that caption? that guy that phelps is shaking hands with finshed 5th.

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 04:11:09 PM »

Offline Fox40Kid

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • "This is beautiful. What is that? Velvet?"
The IOC is a crooked organization out for world domination.
"Coach you were 24 and 58 last year, why the playoff talk?"
"Well we made a couple of key trades . . . and we got The Funk."

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2008, 04:12:11 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
The IOC is a crooked organization out for world domination.

there not doing a very good job then, since every host country bullies them around heh.

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2008, 04:24:33 PM »

Offline Fox40Kid

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • "This is beautiful. What is that? Velvet?"
You got me, I know little to nothing about the Olympics.  All I can really say is that it just feels wrong.  It just feels like in more cases than not, the Olympics feel fixed.  Of course, I have no evidence to back this claim, just a weird feeling when I watch.
"Coach you were 24 and 58 last year, why the playoff talk?"
"Well we made a couple of key trades . . . and we got The Funk."

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2008, 12:52:42 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
all i know is that i'm going to miss women's beach volleyball...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."