Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 2 5/9/24  (Read 12655 times)

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Believe in Boston
So, just like it took a franchise record shooting night for Miami to win Game 2, it took a near season low shooting percentage from 3 for us to lose game 2. We shot 22.9% tonight with our lowest of the season being 22.7%.

That’s the thing with the 3’s. You go cold for few games your season is over
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655
I don't think it's worth paying all this grand money just to go watch a Celtics home playoff game when it's more likely than not you'll get this flat performance. It'd be one thing if it were a close, thrilling contest with a close loss at the end, but a lot of our home losses are just poor effort for a large stretch and losing by double digits

This is a soft gutless team at times and you take the chance of seeing this since they tend to do this. No way am I wasting my time or money on this mess. Too unpredictable.

just watch on TV like us  ;)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 195
Q could've been eating Thompson's lunch all night.

lol why would Q get meaningful playoff minutes or he be the difference in a playoff game? Grasping at straws

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • On To Banner 18!
Games 4 and 5 will be the series. I only give us like a 20% chance to win Game 3. Just my opinion.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

• Johnny Most
Games 4 and 5 will be the series. I only give us like a 20% chance to win Game 3. Just my opinion.

cleveland will be rocking. first home game after stealing HCA.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
So here is a trend that needs to improve.  through 6 playoff games (not including tonight)
FG shooting in the playoffs
JT 40.6%
KP 38.9%
JH 37.0%

3 of our starters all shooting 40% FG or below.   Gonna be rough if that doesn't change.

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'm still picking Celtics in 6 btw. But it'll be rough. I expect them to go down 2-1, then win the next three with at least one game being a nail biter the C's prevail in.

Same.  Sticking to my Celtics in 6 preditction.  But starting to feel less and less confident about the NBA finals if we end up facing Minnesota or OKC.

• Johnny Most
after this fiasco tonight we need KP !!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline 0003323344

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Boston will lose game 3 also.

How many times do you guys have to make these crazy, pessimistic predictions and get proven wrong before you stop overreacting to every single loss?

Denver had a cakewalk to the championship last year, yet they still lost four games along the way, including two in the second round. Relax. We'll be fine when they're not shooting way over their head and we're not shooting way under what we usually do.

Bad comparison. Denver never lost a game in last years playoffs at home or on the road by 25 and they didn't lose a game 2 until the finals when Miami beat them by 3. In fact, their 4 loses probably totaled less than 25 points. A 64 win team shouldn't be losing at home or on the road by 25 against an inferior team.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
after this fiasco tonight we need KP !!!!!

Yea he'll need to be back in this series.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
So, just like it took a franchise record shooting night for Miami to win Game 2, it took a near season low shooting percentage from 3 for us to lose game 2. We shot 22.9% tonight with our lowest of the season being 22.7%.

That’s the thing with the 3’s. You go cold for few games your season is over

Well, you don't have any arguments from me there. There's been a ton of us here lamenting how reliant we are on the three ball all year. When you're that reliant on a single aspect of the game, that makes it that much easier to gameplan for. And that's not even considering the inherent variability of the three point jump shot.

That said, we're still a good enough shooting team to get through this, but I do think these shooting variability issues are exacerbated when we don't have KP to help with the offense.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 445
That was miserable. When you let Strus out hustle you for rebounds it's all over. We actually lost to this team who played nowhere near as well as Miami in game 2. I cannot say that any player on our team played well. Possibly Big Al because he did well defensively but man that is reaching.....

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC

How many times do you guys have to make these crazy, pessimistic predictions and get proven wrong before you stop overreacting to every single loss?

Denver had a cakewalk to the championship last year, yet they still lost four games along the way, including two in the second round. Relax. We'll be fine when they're not shooting way over their head and we're not shooting way under what we usually do.

I’m not overreacting at all. Role players play better at home. Those role players now have confidence.

Combine that with the fact Boston cannot guard Mitchell and they can’t win in Cleveland I feel that they lose that one also.

This team is soft.

1) How'd all those role players for Miami play at home compared to game 2 in Boston?

2) Mitchell literally had an almost exact same stat line as last game. If Mitchell is the difference and why they blew us out tonight, how do you explain that away? The Cavs' only win against us this year was, wait for it, without Mitchell, with us beating them the other two times with Mitchell.

3) This notion that we "can't win in Cleveland" is just non-sense. We were up 22 in the fourth this year in Cleveland, and just had a brainfart and let Dean Wade kill us.

Take a deep breath and relax. If you had this series in 5 let alone 6, that means we have to lose 1-2 games for it to go that long.

Amazing how short our memories are from just a week ago in Miami.

Cleveland is a much tougher place to play than Miami. It will be off the rails Saturday night. The Cavs now believe they can win the series and they have all the momentum. That is huge.

I just do not see the Celtics going in there and winning Game 3. Mitchell is not going to have an off night and now all the Cavs role players have found their footing.

Tonight is why you cannot trust the Celtics.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986

Bad comparison. Denver never lost a game in last years playoffs at home or on the road by 25 and they didn't lose a game 2 until the finals when Miami beat them by 3. In fact, their 4 loses probably totaled less than 25 points. A 64 win team shouldn't be losing at home or on the road by 25 against an inferior team.

Denver isn't a three point shooting team either. That's the clear difference and why you see such wild swings from our team in terms of big wins and the few big losses.