Poll

If Durant Agreed to Join Us If We Traded for Love, Would You If It Meant Parting With the Two Remaining Brooklyn Picks?

Yes
17 (68%)
No
8 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Hypothetical: If Durant Agreed to Join Us If We Traded for Love, Would You?  (Read 2764 times)

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
I guess I won't be taken seriously by some . I'd feel different if live had some prime years post Lebron downfall but I can't tell how far love has dropped off his prime years. He hasn't been used to maximize his skills( very true) but I still question whether he has the abilities he had 3 years ago. I just can't tell.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I guess I won't be taken seriously by some . I'd feel different if live had some prime years post Lebron downfall but I can't tell how far love has dropped off his prime years. He hasn't been used to maximize his skills( very true) but I still question whether he has the abilities he had 3 years ago. I just can't tell.

If Durant was still under contract and Love was his teammate, would you trade the two picks for both of them assuming they were a package deal?

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
In this theoretical, yes. You do whatever it takes to sign Durant. It's the same reason trading Wiggins for Love was the right move for Cleveland - it delivered Lebron (and now a title), so it doesn't matter if Wiggins goes on to make a bunch of all-star teams. They got Lebron out of it.

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Yes, because it would be one of only two scenarios that would approve that would put Love on this team...

...the other scenario would locusts and frogs falling from the skies.

That's about the only two times I will say yes!

:D

Rak

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Who are the 7 people who voted no? 

If Durant agreed to join us if we traded Brown + Smart + Yubodingo + Bradley + Crowder + Thomas + both future Brooklyn 1sts for a moldy cheese sandwich with the face of Martin Balsam on it, I'd gladly do it. 

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 894
  • GOT IT!!!
Durant's not a stupid player. He's much smarter than giving up everything for someone like Love. If you're going to give up the farm may as well be a two way player like Butler. I don't necessarily think you'd have to make another trade to get him tho. Just adding Durant and Horford to go along with what's already on the team is pretty freaking good already.