Author Topic: The idea of resigning Rozier and pencil him back as starter  (Read 11118 times)

Re: The idea of resigning Rozier and pencil him back as starter
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2019, 07:11:44 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Rozier plays a similar offensive game to Kyrie, except he's worst at scoring, passing and shooting.  His defense is theoretically better, but he rarely shows it any more.

BINGO!

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2019, 07:13:11 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Barf. I’d hate for Rozier to sign here, as a starter or otherwise. Let another team sign him for starter money, don’t match, and move on
- LilRip

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2019, 07:43:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Please.

Stop.

I mean, just no.

Not after this year and finding out he was playing only for himself and his next contract this year and not for the team. He was dismal all year.

I was a big Rozier supporter until this year. I expected more of him. He sucked 95% of the time. He needs to go.

Also, he doesn't want to come back because even without Kyrie, Rozier is a bench player as Smart and Brown would be the starters. Nah, Rozier will sign somewhere where he will start and get to be "the man"(no, not Becky Lynch).

so you give a free pass to Kyme

but give Rozier all this??

why?

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2019, 07:45:28 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Please.

Stop.

I mean, just no.

Not after this year and finding out he was playing only for himself and his next contract this year and not for the team. He was dismal all year.

I was a big Rozier supporter until this year. I expected more of him. He sucked 95% of the time. He needs to go.

Also, he doesn't want to come back because even without Kyrie, Rozier is a bench player as Smart and Brown would be the starters. Nah, Rozier will sign somewhere where he will start and get to be "the man"(no, not Becky Lynch).

why?

big big difference between a player that is 95% good versus 95% bad.

Kyrie at 80% is top 5 in the NBA 1 on 1 scorer and a top 5 PG.

Rozier doesnt sniff those numbers, Rozier is so far behind he cannot even see top 10 positional value with binoculars.

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2019, 07:49:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Please.

Stop.

I mean, just no.

why?
Who said I give Kyrie a free pass. Kyrie played outstanding ball this year. You can complain about his poor leadership, fickle attitude and drama he helped to perpetuate all you want and won't get arguments from me for many of those things, but on the court, Kyrie was outstanding except those last 4 playoff games.

You can not say that about Rozier. On the court he was pretty awful. His shooting got worse as did his me first game because of an upcoming contract. And apparently, he was one of the youth with bad attitudes. So he was no locker room darling either.

When it comes to which I would rather keep, 11 times out of 10, I would keep Kyrie.

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2019, 07:49:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Please.

Stop.

I mean, just no.

why?

Rozier doesnt sniff those numbers, Rozier is so far behind he cannot even see top 10 positional value with binoculars.

Rozier helped this team reach to the ECF

where did Kyrie help them reach? 

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2019, 08:06:10 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
i actually like Rozier and wouldnt mind him coming back when Kyrie leaves..he did lead us to ECF last season not Kyrie
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2019, 08:12:03 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'll boycott this team if Terry Turd is brought back.  That sounds completely miserable.  He belongs playing in the Bolivian 4th division against some alpacas.

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2019, 08:15:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
i actually like Rozier and wouldnt mind him coming back when Kyrie leaves..he did lead us to ECF last season not Kyrie

"Lead" is a funny word to use when Horford, Tatum, and Brown were all more important in that playoff run.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2019, 08:17:28 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Noooooooooope.

Good bye Terry. Thank you for the Drew Bledsoe throw back.

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2019, 08:19:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This should be plan Z maybe.

Actually no, this shouldn't be any plan. Under no circumstances should Rozier be a Celtic next season
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2019, 08:30:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Actually no, this shouldn't be any plan. Under no circumstances should Rozier be a Celtic next season

so what is your plan?

can't have Wannamaker start at point

I would be ok with Smart starting at PG but not a fan of his overall game on the offensive end. Not reliable....and too trigger happy with the game on the line

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2019, 08:33:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

so what is your plan?

can't have Wannamaker start at point

I would be ok with Smart starting at PG but not a fan of his overall game on the offensive end. Not reliable....and too trigger happy with the game on the line
If we lose Kyrie for nothing then I think we should look to the draft - specifically to Darius Garland. I'm not sure if you've seen much of him (he got injured early in the season) but he was the top guard prospect before his injury & before Ja Morant exploded.

I'd like him much more than Rozier. Smart could start in the meantime while Garland learns
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2019, 08:49:46 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Please.

Stop.

I mean, just no.

why?

Lol.

If u believe that then I am done.

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Please.

Stop.

I mean, just no.

why?

Lol.

If u believe that then I am done.

I dont have to

Because it happened