Poll

Should Rondo Be the Last cut from team U.S.A.?

Yes so he could improve his Offense
3 (10.7%)
Yes so he won't feel like he doesn't need improvement
1 (3.6%)
Yes so he could Rest and be Ready for the Season
1 (3.6%)
No because he deserves the spot
14 (50%)
No because it wouldn't hurt his game but improve it
9 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Rondo on Team U.S.A.  (Read 4413 times)

Rondo on Team U.S.A.
« on: August 21, 2010, 08:17:57 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
My Reasons... ???

I believe Rajon should be cut from team U.S.A. Basketball so that he could feel the need and urgency to improve his game. I believe if he makes the cut he will feel that his game is where it should be since he's surrounded by the Derrick Rose's, Russell Westbrooks and Chauncy Billups'. I'm happy that he made it this far but I think that will be the better way for him to that offensive level he so desperately needs to be at before facing Kobe Bryant and the Lakers again.

What do You Guys Think?

Re: Rondo on Team U.S.A.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Rondo played scared the first half, seemed for preventive measures of injury.

Count me in as those worried about "injuries" and would rather have him improve on things like his shooting and fts. Rose was just intentionally poked in the eye and it appeared serious hopefully he's alright. FIBA ball can be dirty.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 08:30:16 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
My Reasons... ???

I believe Rajon should be cut from team U.S.A. Basketball so that he could feel the need and urgency to improve his game. I believe if he makes the cut he will feel that his game is where it should be since he's surrounded by the Derrick Rose's, Russell Westbrooks and Chauncy Billups'. I'm happy that he made it this far but I think that will be the better way for him to that offensive level he so desperately needs to be at before facing Kobe Bryant and the Lakers again.

What do You Guys Think?

I have never seen anything written, reported or or quoted that says Rondo needs extra motivation to work on his game and improve the areas he is weak in. The concept that somehow not making this squad would create a fire underneath that is not there is nonsense and it is contrary to everything that has been reported or even talked about him as a player.

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
My Reasons... ???

What do You Guys Think?

I think that I've seen a ton of improvement from Rondo, solid improvement in his game every year. Also, I'm sure he feels his game should be better than any of those three.

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 11:38:28 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Rondo's done more than enough to make the team.

But, for personal selfish reasons, I want him cut so he can prepare for the NBA season.

World Championships mean diddly squat.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 09:19:42 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Count me in as those worried about "injuries" and would rather have him improve on things like his shooting and fts. Rose was just intentionally poked in the eye and it appeared serious hopefully he's alright. FIBA ball can be dirty.

Ya that was a really dirty play by that Lithuanian dude. I thought they appeared very overmatched and frustrated due to the fact they were simply outclassed by the US. So they got pretty chippy. If I'm an NBA GM I'm watching that trend very closely. You can't have guys taking cheap shots at our guys in order to level the playing field. The refereeing is subpar to put it nicely. That no call on the charge taken by Live was mind numbing both litterally and figurativley. And don't even get me started about the stupid and ridiculous FIBA rules. WE invented this game! I think we would have all the proper and correct rules ironed out by now. It's an American game. Not a European or any other part of the world game. So to have different rules than what we play by is asinine at best. It just makes very little sense to me and comes off as very unappealing and disengenuous. It just screams unabashed eliteism and arrogance to me. Sorry for the rant but watching that silly product they try to pass off as Basketball over there kills me. Last time I checked Dr. James Naismith invented the game in our very own backyard of Springfield here in MA. Stick to "futbol" if you can't understand or grasp the American game. That being said I will give them credit for changing the most glaring weakness.. The triangle lane that makes no sense whatsoever has hopefully seen it's last day .

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
Looks like Rondo is gonna be the last cut after watchin today's game.

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 05:26:17 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Intentionally poked in the eye??? The guy flailed to make a play. Haven't you ever hit someone in the head unintentionally while playing basketball (assuming you have played)?

::)

Why the need to villainize opponents like that? Why jump to such extreme and unlikely conclusions without evidence? Why not consider more reasonable and likely explanations?

Those kinds of plays also happen all the time in the NBA. The difference isn't plays like that. The difference is the banging when defending guards and less bailout calls on contact. You might consider that dirty, but I consider that legal contact in FIBA and it is the players that need to adjust.

Don't forget how much more physical perimeter defense was back when Pat Riley was setting the standard for ugly basketball with the Knicks.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 06:11:34 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Looks like Rondo is gonna be the last cut after watchin today's game.

Just cause Rondo didn't play? Wait for the post-game articles to come out, plz. : )

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 06:40:44 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
Ya good point Tai. I just thought he played pretty lackadaisacal against Lithuania and payed for it today. But your right. Just wait till more info after the press conference.

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 08:45:24 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43

But, for personal selfish reasons, I want him cut so he can prepare for the NBA season.

ummm, the celtics have 17 world championships and i think they are pretty important

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Commentators (Steve Smith) seemed to think that Rondo had done more than enough to solidify his spot on the team. Have not seen Ganger lately perhaps he will be the one to go.

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 12:06:22 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

ummm, the celtics have 17 world championships and i think they are pretty important

Not positive, but I think he means FIBA World Championships.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 12:15:05 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I think ben was making a joke.

Still, I'm not a fan of calling NBA championships World Championships anymore.

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 05:40:59 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123

I think ben was making a joke.

Still, I'm not a fan of calling NBA championships World Championships anymore.

Or Ms Universe for that matter.  :D
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.