Author Topic: My 2010-2011 Celtics Roster Wish!!! (10 Man Roster)  (Read 11868 times)

Re: My 2010-2011 Celtics Roster Wish!!! (10 Man Roster)
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 12:27:50 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
Starters: The starting five that has still never lost a playoff series.

Rondo
Ray Allen
Pierce
KG
Perk

Bench:

Delonte West
Paul George
Gomes or Mike Miller
Baby
Jermaine O'neal

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Starters
pg: Rajon Rondo
sg: Ray Allen
Sf: Paul Pierce
Pf: Kevin Garnett
C: Glen Davis

Bench
pg: Nate Robinson
sg: Tony Allen/ Avery Bradley
sf: Mike Miller
pf: Mike Beasley
C: Hassan Whiteside

Injured Reserve: Perk

We sign Mike Miller for the MLE trade Sheed's expiring retiree contract for Beasley and a 1st. We then use our 1st and the heat first to pick up Whiteside and Bradley.

Our future core becomes
1: Rondo
2: Bradley
3: Beasley
4: Whiteside
5: Perk

I'd be very happy if this happened.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 12:48:51 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Of course, I'd be happiest if the following happened:

Starters
Sf: Lebron James
C:  Shaq or J.O.

Bench
pg: Nate Robinson/Gibson
sg: Tony Allen
sf: Mike Beasley
pf: Glen Davis
C:  

We trade Sheed's (expiring/retired) contract for Beasley and a 1st, trade PP and two firsts #18 & 19 for LBJ and Boobie Gibson (unwanted contract), and sign Shaq or J.O. to fill in for Perk while rehabing.  

Our future core becomes
2: (shooter)
3: James
4: Beasley

“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Starters

Bench

We sign Mike Miller for the MLE trade Sheed's expiring retiree contract for Beasley and a 1st. We then use our 1st and the heat first to pick up Whiteside and Bradley.

Our future core becomes

String up the banner now!

Uhhh... defensively Davis is nowhere near what Perkins has been, and as a result our defensive scheme would be very much mitigated.  Part of the reason we've been successful is that we can filter people to a shot blocker, as well as defend the pick and roll.  That starting lineup, with an aging roster, would not be nearly as good as we've already seen :(

Filtering the offensive man to someone in position to taking a charge is just as useful as filtering someone to the shot blocker.

That would be the lineup for the start of the season, when Perk was out. Perk would be back come playoff time. If we really need a shot blocker Whiteside averaged 5.4 in college last year.

I'm assuming Perk comes back healthy at some point.  Definitely not a fan of Big Baby at center.
Yup

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 01:19:22 PM »

Offline EmilioBonilla

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 8
Of course, I'd be happiest if the following happened:

Starters
Sf: Lebron James
C:  Shaq or J.O.

Bench
pg: Nate Robinson/Gibson
sg: Tony Allen
sf: Mike Beasley
pf: Glen Davis
C:  

We trade Sheed's (expiring/retired) contract for Beasley and a 1st, trade PP and two firsts #18 & 19 for LBJ and Boobie Gibson (unwanted contract), and sign Shaq or J.O. to fill in for Perk while rehabing.  

Our future core becomes
2: (shooter)
3: James
4: Beasley

Well if thats the case lets throw everyone off the team except for Rondo and lets sign Bosh, D. Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire, Lebron and heck throw Boozer and Rudy Gay in there  ;D just kidding for you serious guyss  :P
I bleed Green

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 01:34:04 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
With Perk being sidelined for an unknown time, and Sheed's status up in the air, the Celtics definitely need to take a look at another center.

Shaq is very intriguing. I'd love to see him win one in Boston against LA. I'd also check out J O'Neal, Haywood, B Miller, Ilgauskas etc.

And I'd much rather have Nate over AI.

My ideal team next year:

PG Rondo -- N Robinson -- Lafayette (if he proves himself this summer)
SG R Allen -- T Allen -- Raja Bell (or other wing insurance)
SF Pierce -- Outlaw -- a 1st round wing (bought pick)
PF Garnett -- Davis -- a 1st round big
C Perkins -- S O'Neal -- Wallace if he returns for a 3 headed monster

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 01:47:09 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Starters

Bench

Our future core becomes

String up the banner now!

Uhhh... defensively Davis is nowhere near what Perkins has been, and as a result our defensive scheme would be very much mitigated.  Part of the reason we've been successful is that we can filter people to a shot blocker, as well as defend the pick and roll.  That starting lineup, with an aging roster, would not be nearly as good as we've already seen :(

Filtering the offensive man to someone in position to taking a charge is just as useful as filtering someone to the shot blocker.

That would be the lineup for the start of the season, when Perk was out. Perk would be back come playoff time. If we really need a shot blocker Whiteside averaged 5.4 in college last year.

It's much easier to plan for a defense that focuses around Davis taking a charge than avoiding getting blocked.  Our most productive unit last year was our starting lineup, and I can't even find any data that suggests putting Davis in at Center with the starters is even remotely good. 

I don't trust next year's playoffs to "if" Perkins comes back healthy.  The Celtics need a starting Center.  I'd actually be fine with Shaq. 

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 02:35:09 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
After seeing how Shaq slowed down the Cavs last year I don't know how you could want him on our team.

I think they start the season with Baby at the 4 and KG at the 5 actually.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 02:44:26 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
It's all about who's going to come cheap. Getting Shaq for cheap AND getting Sheed to stick around AND getting both to buy into the Ray Allen school of diet and exercise would be ideal.
The only hope is that those two have enough pride on the line to drive them to come back and beat up Kobe and Pau to win another ring. They'd both pretty much be picking their spots in limited roles until the playoffs, and then playing based on what the matchups dictate.

Outside of Shaq (for the Lakers and Orlando), we need speed and younger legs to harass other teams and be able to combat the quicker teams in the playoffs. I have to think that if we drew ATL or Chicago this year that they would have given us fits. We were lucky to play for more slow and deliberate teams that we did. 

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 04:10:35 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I'd watch our starters make another run, but my realistic-dream bench looks like this:

Nate (resigned, 3 million)
Foye  ($3 million per, S&T Daniels, TA, or Scal plus cash and a future pick)
Outlaw  (MLE)
Warrick or James Singleton  (minimum or minor S&T)
BBD  (currently $3 mil)

That's a pretty high-powered bench for $16 million.

Any center?

I got BBD using his...ahem...girth...to take up space and defend the post by nudging the opponent off the spot, but picture mostly a track meet, which he can do fairly well for a big guy.  I could see him stepping into a 16 foot jumper as a trailer quite potently.

All the talk about Mike Miller and other veterans in this thread(Shaq?  Seriously?) offer us nothing for the future.  A Nate/Foye/Outlaw/Warrick/BBD lineup could run together for 5 years or more, are all good offensive players, and are athletic and quick enough to defend well.  I'd sign this unit for 5 years at those contracts.

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 07:16:45 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Getting Shaq for cheap AND getting Sheed to stick around AND getting both to buy into the Ray Allen school of diet and exercise would be ideal.

Even with all of the wisdom of The Ray Allen School of Diet and Exercise [tp], there is just no way Shaq ever comes into a training camp remotely in shape, or that he will so much as try to pretend to fake that the title "professional athlete" is appropriate for him during the regular season.  He did what Sheed did this year for approximately the last decade.

With Perk out or coming off injury in the early part of the season, neither Sheed nor Shaq are up to filling that void early in the season at that level for those minutes.

I actually wonder whether Sheed being forced into the starting role and havning to step up and play those minutes, and knowing he'd have to do that to start next season, too, was itself the deciding factor to the retirement thing.  I hadn't heard mention of him retiring until after game 7...

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 07:38:51 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
How about...
Trade Sheed to Miami for Beasley
Sign Hakim Warrick and Anthony Morrow with the MLE*
    or S/t Daniels to get the other
Resign Tony and Nate for about 4 mil per 2 years each.
Sign Shaq for vet min.
Resign Ray for 2 year 8mil per.

Rondo - Nate
Morrow - Ray
Pierce - Beasley - Tony - draft pick(Luke Babbit)
KG - Warrick
Shaq - Perk - draft pick(Dexter Pittman)

Thats my dream team. Ray gets to come off the bench and let Morrow develop as a stater. Beasley gets a new chance to play serious but not be forced into being no2 option. Warrick would be a great KG replacement and Shaq can play into our system till Perk returns. Then you have a similar guy in the paint for us the entire game(Big physical beasts 48 minutes split)
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 07:44:06 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
What it really comes down for me at this point is that the C's need 5 good bench players, and two that are fairly special.  Aside from the Perk injury, I think not having a second special player at the 2/3 spot hurt us as Ray and Paul were out of steam by game's end. 

If Sheed retires, I think Baby is now good enough to be that "special" bench player.  Thus, I think we'd need someone at the 2/3 who Doc can feel confident to play major minutes in a meaningful playoff game.  TA wasn't quite there and I'm not sure he'll ever be. 

I think T-Mac is an interesting option.  Even with Ray and Paul playing fewer minutes, he'd still only be asked to play 20-25 mpg, which is perfect for him at this point.  He'd also take playmaking responsibilities from whoever backs up Rondo when Rondo's out. 

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 08:26:28 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Guys! The roster depends from the coach. We do not know yet if Doc is coming back. This is the main point