Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 425649 times)

sahara and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #4305 on: March 29, 2024, 10:08:15 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I hadn't looked at the standings recently. Didn't realize the Lakers were only 1.5 games behind  Sacto for 8th.  That is huge given Denver is now in the 1 line.  Getting into that 7/8 game is a must for all those teams to have a shot at advancing as none are beating the Nuggets, but they could all beat the Thunder or Wolves (not saying they will, just they have a real chance).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4306 on: March 29, 2024, 10:17:42 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I hadn't looked at the standings recently. Didn't realize the Lakers were only 1.5 games behind  Sacto for 8th.  That is huge given Denver is now in the 1 line.  Getting into that 7/8 game is a must for all those teams to have a shot at advancing as none are beating the Nuggets, but they could all beat the Thunder or Wolves (not saying they will, just they have a real chance).

Notably the Kings also have the tiebreaker, so the Lakers effectively are 2.5 games down with 9 to play, which will be tough time make up in that time.

« Reply #4307 on: March 29, 2024, 11:24:45 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

Only teams I see beating the Lakers in the playoffs are the Nuggets, Kings, and healthy Wolves. Don't think I trust the Clippers in a 7 game series and didn't they get swept by LAL this season?

It'll be important they lose the play-in games or match up with the Nuggets in round one.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4308 on: March 29, 2024, 11:46:47 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
The only concerning thing with these 2 losses is Boston might very well play the Hawks in the 1st round and now I'm not as sure it will be a 4 or 5 game series like it needs to be.

Honestly I'm not sure there is a matchup that exists which would be 4-5 games. Feel like all of them including CHI/ATL could go at least 6 games IMO

You would think Chicago or Atlanta should be dispatched easily in 5 but idk. Also, is Trae Young returning at all this season? Funny enough I kind of think ATL plays better without him
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4309 on: March 29, 2024, 11:49:16 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
West has so many teams with major question marks.

OKC youth
Minnesota health
Clippers underachievement and health
Kings are up and down
Suns can they figure things out esp in the 4th quarter?
Dallas doesn’t play much defense
Pelicans how will they perform on the big stage

Denver really is the only steady ship in that sea

« Reply #4310 on: March 29, 2024, 11:49:27 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Only teams I see beating the Lakers in the playoffs are the Nuggets, Kings, and healthy Wolves. Don't think I trust the Clippers in a 7 game series and didn't they get swept by LAL this season?

It'll be important they lose the play-in games or match up with the Nuggets in round one.

You are thinking of kings lakers. Kings swept the lakers 4-0. Crazy fact they were saying on last game is Anthony Davis has never beaten sabonis in his career. Clippers lakers was 3-1 but as usual these regular season records are completely irrelevant (don’t think kings would dominate lakers in playoffs either)  as they rarely include teams at full strength. I know one of the clippers lakers game the clippers were down 2-3 starters and another was before harden trade. A few months ago I would have said clippers would crush lakers, but now I can’t say that very confidently because clippers seem broken.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 01:26:10 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #4311 on: March 29, 2024, 11:57:57 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
If the Lakers draw OKC first round, then LAC/NOP the 2nd round, they unfortunately have a real shot to make the WCF again. I'm not as sold on those three teams. Clips should be better but they seem to be a mess.

Hope Minnesota or especially Denver are the 1 seed. I think the Wolves can beat them this year, even without KAT.

Then again, this could be a lot easier if Golden State or Houston just beats the Lakers in the first play-in game.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4312 on: March 29, 2024, 12:03:56 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think the question is what team in the west could possibly beat Denver in a series.

Denver is the one team I worry about the most if Boston gets there.

« Reply #4313 on: March 29, 2024, 12:14:33 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think the question is what team in the west could possibly beat Denver in a series.

But you told us last night that this team was finished.  Now they're maybe making the Finals?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4314 on: March 29, 2024, 12:15:28 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

But you told us last night that this team was finished.  Now they're maybe making the Finals?

Stranger things have happened.
The Celtics make me say a lot of irrational things.

« Reply #4315 on: March 29, 2024, 12:43:24 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

Since Joe pretty much admitted that they aren’t serious right now a losing streak is doable lol

With NOLA and OKC playing for seeding I can see the C’s getting smoked in both games. The magic number is still 4 games, best not mess around too much.

« Reply #4316 on: March 29, 2024, 01:18:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Since Joe pretty much admitted that they aren’t serious right now a losing streak is doable lol

With NOLA and OKC playing for seeding I can see the C’s getting smoked in both games. The magic number is still 4 games, best not mess around too much.

If they aren't serious, why are they playing Tatum 45 minutes?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4317 on: March 29, 2024, 01:21:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

To be honest they really shouldn’t have done that. That was unnecessary

« Reply #4318 on: March 29, 2024, 01:30:35 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

No idea, the team was actually performing better when one of the J’s sat because the bench gets to play all game. The energy and flow was nice. Made the games much more enjoyable personally. As soon as they lost a game, they wanted your cake and to eat it too.

« Reply #4319 on: March 29, 2024, 01:33:35 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I will be interested to see the line up for tomorrow. Does Joe play everyone vs a good team to get some continuity back or do they rest certain players.

I know Charlotte will be a lot of guys resting.

It was frustrating to see them play their starters good minutes last night and look like they were committed to winning only to hear that they were practicing certain defensive looks in crunch time, which allowed Atlanta to win the game.