Author Topic: Celtics (4-3) at Raptors (1-4) Game #8 1/4/21  (Read 33073 times)

Re: Celtics (4-3) at Raptors (1-4) Game #8 1/4/21
« Reply #315 on: January 04, 2021, 10:20:59 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Hate that Jaylen and Tatum have to play heavy minutes so far to start the season.

Feels like we have had a lot of back-to-backs and stretches where we have like 3 games in a span of just 4 days. And with Kemba and a few others out at times it’s forcing some guys like Jaylen + Tatum to play more.

Hope they don’t get very tired legs soon and that they can rest up when they can.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #316 on: January 04, 2021, 10:30:28 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Hate that Jaylen and Tatum have to play heavy minutes so far to start the season.

Feels like we have had a lot of back-to-backs and stretches where we have like 3 games in a span of just 4 days. And with Kemba and a few others out at times it’s forcing some guys like Jaylen + Tatum to play more.

Hope they don’t get very tired legs soon and that they can rest up when they can.

Appreciate and share some of the concern, but these guys are young.  I can't vacuum without turning an ankle.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #317 on: January 04, 2021, 10:31:26 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
126 points vs TOR's 4th best defense.

PP was a steal at 28. Very poised with the dribble even against top defenders.

« Reply #318 on: January 04, 2021, 10:35:49 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
With all of the positive stuff said, I'mma go in on Waters for a minute.

We all watched the game.  We all saw that he didn't play well... with the possible exception of Nesmith, he was our worst player tonight.  And Nesmith at least has the excuse of having been drafted two months ago.  But what I want to call attention to is the body language of his teammates.  Brown and Tatum were visibly frustrated with Waters at various points in the game tonight.  They NEVER DO THIS.  I've never seen them show that exasperation with any other teammate.  And at the end after we coughed up too much of the lead for comfort, Smart didn't even high five Waters when he came to the bench.  Just shook his head at him.  This makes me think that there's something deeper with him.  Maybe he isn't putting in the work or isn't learning.  I don't know what it was.  But I thought it was clear that the guys have some problems with him. 

I doubt we see him for much longer, especially since Pritchard looks like a f***ing player.

I did notice that Smart didn't slap his hand, but I didn't notice Brown and Tatum. I thought the Smart thing was weird.

Unfortunately he's on a two-way contract, which means letting him go doesn't really gain us much, unless there's some two-way player that has more upside that I don't know about.

« Reply #319 on: January 04, 2021, 10:37:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Appreciate and share some of the concern, but these guys are young.  I can't vacuum without turning an ankle.
At least you can vacuum. I'll throw out my back doing that!😉😄😁😂

« Reply #320 on: January 04, 2021, 10:44:06 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

It may be time for us to consider the ever controversial but reportedly reliable Roomba.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #321 on: January 04, 2021, 10:48:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
126 points vs TOR's 4th best defense.

PP was a steal at 28. Very poised with the dribble even against top defenders.

at 26  ;D

Raptors took Flynn at 28.

« Reply #322 on: January 04, 2021, 10:50:55 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

It may be time for us to consider the ever controversial but reportedly reliable Roomba.
i ighly reccomend you have bots do your vacuuming for you. i still have to hand vacuum, but a lot, lot less.

bots be good.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #323 on: January 04, 2021, 10:51:05 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Our platoon of bigs has quietly been very effective. Timelord and Grant have really improved,  and Thompson is a rock. Does all the little things to keep the other team uncomfortable in the paint.

Seems like we've had a lot more leverage on the glass.

« Reply #324 on: January 04, 2021, 10:52:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Gotta give some credit to Brad Stevens here. We go on the second night of a back to back on the road, minus our starting backcourt and our 6th man, starting Tremont Waters and having two rookies along with Semi, Grant, and Rob Williams off the bench, and we blow out a very good vet team in Toronto.

People go berserk on here against Stevens when we lose, he deserves some of the credit when we win, especially for these type of wins.

« Reply #325 on: January 04, 2021, 10:53:15 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Gotta give some credit to Brad Stevens here. We go on the second night of a back to back on the road, minus our starting backcourt and our 6th man, starting Tremont Waters and having two rookies along with Semi, Grant, and Rob Williams off the bench, and we blow out a very good vet team in Toronto.

People go berserk on here against Stevens when we lose, he deserves some of the credit when we win, especially for these type of wins.

CBS always seems better with less.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #326 on: January 04, 2021, 10:54:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I've criticized Semi a ton on here, but I am happy to admit he has definitely improved this year. He has become a legit asset off the bench. I no longer cringe when I see him out there.

« Reply #327 on: January 04, 2021, 11:00:22 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I've criticized Semi a ton on here, but I am happy to admit he has definitely improved this year. He has become a legit asset off the bench. I no longer cringe when I see him out there.

He was good tonight for the most part. He can be productive if he stays within himself. The athleticism is there.

« Reply #328 on: January 04, 2021, 11:11:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Good 3 and D guy. He is making his 3s and playing tough D

If he is having an off game,  sub for a similar player in Grant Williams.  Who was solid tonight also

« Reply #329 on: January 04, 2021, 11:18:33 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
When I saw that Smart and Teague would be out and this being night 2 of a back to back away from home - I said 'schedule loss' upcoming. Very pleasant surprise tonight.  Until further notice Pritchard is their 3rd scorer and Semi's in in the regular rotation. Big step-up from G. Williams tonight too - his best game of the season.

Team is starting to develop its identity - and if Pritchard and Semi keep it up, one that's going to wind up being a lot deeper than anyone expected.