Author Topic: Celtics (4-3) at Raptors (1-4) Game #8 1/4/21  (Read 33173 times)

Re: Celtics (4-3) at Raptors (1-4) Game #8 1/4/21
« Reply #330 on: January 04, 2021, 11:21:08 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Hate that Jaylen and Tatum have to play heavy minutes so far to start the season.

Feels like we have had a lot of back-to-backs and stretches where we have like 3 games in a span of just 4 days. And with Kemba and a few others out at times it’s forcing some guys like Jaylen + Tatum to play more.

Hope they don’t get very tired legs soon and that they can rest up when they can.

Appreciate and share some of the concern, but these guys are young.  I can't vacuum without turning an ankle.
At least you can vacuum. I'll throw out my back doing that!😉😄😁😂

It may be time for us to consider the ever controversial but reportedly reliable Roomba.

funny that should come up.  we got one for xmas and I am setting it up tonight.
but injury possibility is still there, I have to bend down to plug it in to charge it!

« Reply #331 on: January 04, 2021, 11:23:16 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Gotta give some credit to Brad Stevens here. We go on the second night of a back to back on the road, minus our starting backcourt and our 6th man, starting Tremont Waters and having two rookies along with Semi, Grant, and Rob Williams off the bench, and we blow out a very good vet team in Toronto.

People go berserk on here against Stevens when we lose, he deserves some of the credit when we win, especially for these type of wins.

CBS always seems better with less.

this really seems to be the case. 

roster full of young unproven players - check
odds against going anywhere in the playoffs for what seems like a talent-challenged team - check

« Reply #332 on: January 04, 2021, 11:23:36 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Rebounds 56-37 tonight, 15 of those to Timelord. He is carving out space down there. Love it.

« Reply #333 on: January 04, 2021, 11:25:49 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I've criticized Semi a ton on here, but I am happy to admit he has definitely improved this year. He has become a legit asset off the bench. I no longer cringe when I see him out there.
(knock wood) he's become reliable at hitting the wide open 3 from the wings and corner. It helps that Pritchard forces defenses to react to his penetration - he's creating open looks for his teammates - so as long as Semi can make a reasonable percentage of those shots he'll keep getting regular minutes.

« Reply #334 on: January 04, 2021, 11:30:09 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
How many teams have two under 25 players who can go for over 30 and even 40 in a game? Tatum is a beast and growing still. Brown is also becoming a beast. Pritchard looked pretty pretty good. Who was calling him a bust?

Looking forward to the now is the perfect time to trade Tatum posts tomorrow. Endless let’s trade Tatum and Brown and rebuild! Love the rebuild idea. We are one of the last teams on the list that needs to rebuild. Still irritated that so many posts are morphing into a lame trade everyone forum. Apparently I must be overly sensitive. 😁.

« Reply #335 on: January 04, 2021, 11:31:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Hate that Jaylen and Tatum have to play heavy minutes so far to start the season.

Feels like we have had a lot of back-to-backs and stretches where we have like 3 games in a span of just 4 days. And with Kemba and a few others out at times it’s forcing some guys like Jaylen + Tatum to play more.

Hope they don’t get very tired legs soon and that they can rest up when they can.

Appreciate and share some of the concern, but these guys are young.  I can't vacuum without turning an ankle.
At least you can vacuum. I'll throw out my back doing that!😉😄😁😂

It may be time for us to consider the ever controversial but reportedly reliable Roomba.

funny that should come up.  we got one for xmas and I am setting it up tonight.
but injury possibility is still there, I have to bend down to plug it in to charge it!
I'ld be more concerned with stepping on it while it's doing its job. You know that old comic trope with banana peels...that would be me with a Roomba.

« Reply #336 on: January 04, 2021, 11:46:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Gotta give some credit to Brad Stevens here. We go on the second night of a back to back on the road, minus our starting backcourt and our 6th man, starting Tremont Waters and having two rookies along with Semi, Grant, and Rob Williams off the bench, and we blow out a very good vet team in Toronto.

People go berserk on here against Stevens when we lose, he deserves some of the credit when we win, especially for these type of wins.

CBS always seems better with less.

he loves scrubs and kids

« Reply #337 on: January 05, 2021, 12:31:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
who would have guessed at the start of the season that we would have a game where PP was the 2nd leading scorer? lol

me ...i told ya ll he played like Mark Price  :)

« Reply #338 on: January 05, 2021, 12:38:03 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

That shouldn't be an issue for guys their age. Jordan averaged nearly 40 for much of his career, Bird played nearly that much as well. Lebron averaged almost 40 minutes a night til his late 20s, so did Kobe.

They're young, great players. There's no reason they shouldn't be playing a lot of minutes, and 34 minutes a night isn't that many. 

« Reply #339 on: January 05, 2021, 01:17:38 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
How many teams have two under 25 players who can go for over 30 and even 40 in a game? Tatum is a beast and growing still. Brown is also becoming a beast. Pritchard looked pretty pretty good. Who was calling him a bust?

Looking forward to the now is the perfect time to trade Tatum posts tomorrow. Endless let’s trade Tatum and Brown and rebuild! Love the rebuild idea. We are one of the last teams on the list that needs to rebuild. Still irritated that so many posts are morphing into a lame trade everyone forum. Apparently I must be overly sensitive. 😁.
Atlanta & New Orleans? Phoenix, though Ayton isn't scoring in bunches now?

Porzhingis and Jokic are both 25 now, so Dallas and Denver don't, though Porter is becoming a guy who can drop 30, he's done it a few times already.

IMO, if we can get Kemba back and keep him back, we have a great shot at the finals.

« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2021, 01:31:05 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Great win with a lot of positiv mindset for us. But Raptors can worry. They entered the game [dang] hot while playing in a big intensity. Nurse probably motivated them as it wa a PO game revenge... And then the second quarter came... Spicy P is not there at all and their inside is too weak (I was not in the Baynes will be a perfect big for us camp - I prefer by far TT even with no spacing-). It is possible they will continue to struggle and just be a team fighting for PO and not more (with 2 max contrats for 2 good but not more players). They lack Ibaka and even Gasol in the mental approach I guess.

For us it is so good to found back the last ending of year Tatum, such a classy player. PP after 2 hard match ag Detroit, made a great match. The kid isn't afraid and has talent for sure. I am still waiting to see the future titulary I like him with his energy from the bench and I am not sure he has so much upside. Semi is for now a good 3nD player a little ala Crowder when he was with us. I fear still about his inconstancy but he deserves his place in our roster; but I still think we need a scoring/playmaking wing with TPE it didn't change. And then we won't see that much Semi I guess.

Detroit played quiet well the two matches ag us and better than the Raptors, so mefiance about this result anyway (also we had one of this great 3point night). But very good we have now 4 wins more than the last year 2d team in the East.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 01:46:23 AM by Rikibellevie »

« Reply #341 on: January 05, 2021, 02:15:13 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

That shouldn't be an issue for guys their age. Jordan averaged nearly 40 for much of his career, Bird played nearly that much as well. Lebron averaged almost 40 minutes a night til his late 20s, so did Kobe.

They're young, great players. There's no reason they shouldn't be playing a lot of minutes, and 34 minutes a night isn't that many.
TP. Completely agree. 2 kids in prime athletic condition playing only 34 minutes a game isn't going to worry me.

« Reply #342 on: January 05, 2021, 02:45:12 AM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237
 It's early days but Tatum and Brown have definitely stepped up from last year. Now I hope they can consistently deliver throughout the coming months. Payton Pritchard is an unexpected bonus. The glue that drives the team with his play making and shot creation in the absence of Kemba.

« Reply #343 on: January 05, 2021, 04:22:50 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
126 points vs TOR's 4th best defense.

PP was a steal at 28. Very poised with the dribble even against top defenders.

at 26  ;D

Raptors took Flynn at 28.
Mea Culpa.  After yesterday's action, PP is 1st among rookies so far in total minutes and 4th in total points. Handles pressure well, good handles, and his passing will improve with experience.

« Reply #344 on: January 05, 2021, 04:55:13 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
126 points vs TOR's 4th best defense.

PP was a steal at 28. Very poised with the dribble even against top defenders.

at 26  ;D

Raptors took Flynn at 28.
Mea Culpa.  After yesterday's action, PP is 1st among rookies so far in total minutes and 4th in total points. Handles pressure well, good handles, and his passing will improve with experience.

Could he actually win Rookie of the Year? So excited for this kid. Finally we have our PG of the future.