Author Topic: Celtics (4-3) at Raptors (1-4) Game #8 1/4/21  (Read 33057 times)

Re: Celtics (4-3) at Raptors (1-4) Game #8 1/4/21
« Reply #300 on: January 04, 2021, 10:05:48 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Nick Nurse needs a Blood Pressure sponsorship. I feel like he plays harder than anyone else on those sidelines.
ok fine

« Reply #301 on: January 04, 2021, 10:06:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Our starting lineup should be:

Thompson
Tatum
Brown
Smart
Pritchard

Teague and Theis can settle the second unit.
Totally agree. Gives the bench two seasoned veterans, the starting lineup is probably the best passing and shooting one we could play, and it is very suitable for Kemba's return.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #302 on: January 04, 2021, 10:06:33 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
Ok ok

Good win! 

Pritchard for real. TIMELORD super engaged. Semi contributing fully.

Good growth...let's get consistent

« Reply #303 on: January 04, 2021, 10:07:26 PM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237
Nick Nurse needs a Blood Pressure sponsorship. I feel like he plays harder than anyone else on those sidelines.
LOL TP for the humor

« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2021, 10:07:33 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
60-26 bench points.

TT and DT 2 points.

PP should start and move TT or DT to the bench. Otherwise they can double one of the J's without fear of retaliation.

« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2021, 10:09:05 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Good win, it got dicey at the end but we held on.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2021, 10:09:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
take away the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes and this team was spectacular.

True, but beating a raptors team that was playing that hard is a good sign.
at the start of the season, I wasn't expecting a win.  thrilled to get one that didn't create a lot of stress after the 8 minutes or so.  even more delighted they did it without their top 3 ballhandlers.  I have no idea how Toronto's record could be this bad.  a lot of good players on that team

It's one game but I'm ready to say goodbye to Waters but he'll be around for the rest of the year due to that 2-way deal. 

« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2021, 10:09:14 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
LOL TP for the humor

If Tommy Points were a cryptocurreny I'd be...moderately ok.
ok fine

« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2021, 10:09:52 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
First of all, great game.  I thought the Raptors had every reason to roll us, given that they NEED a win and we were very shorthanded on the second night of a back-to-back.  Instead we took a punch at the start and dominated the rest of the game, except when our mop-up guys got scrubbed.

Tatum was special.  Pritchard was excellent.  Brown was good.  We got important contributions from some of other guys... Semi, Grant, Robert. 

« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2021, 10:11:38 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
With all of the positive stuff said, I'mma go in on Waters for a minute.

We all watched the game.  We all saw that he didn't play well... with the possible exception of Nesmith, he was our worst player tonight.  And Nesmith at least has the excuse of having been drafted two months ago.  But what I want to call attention to is the body language of his teammates.  Brown and Tatum were visibly frustrated with Waters at various points in the game tonight.  They NEVER DO THIS.  I've never seen them show that exasperation with any other teammate.  And at the end after we coughed up too much of the lead for comfort, Smart didn't even high five Waters when he came to the bench.  Just shook his head at him.  This makes me think that there's something deeper with him.  Maybe he isn't putting in the work or isn't learning.  I don't know what it was.  But I thought it was clear that the guys have some problems with him. 

I doubt we see him for much longer, especially since Pritchard looks like a f***ing player.

« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2021, 10:14:56 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
It's Payton Pritchard time.  Let him do his thing.  Predicting 15, 7, 5, and 3 steals...

Ok, close enough with 23 and 8.  Great game and he should start until Kemba is back.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #311 on: January 04, 2021, 10:17:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

We all watched the game.  We all saw that he didn't play well... with the possible exception of Nesmith, he was our worst player tonight.  And Nesmith at least has the excuse of having been drafted two months ago.  But what I want to call attention to is the body language of his teammates.  Brown and Tatum were visibly frustrated with Waters at various points in the game tonight.  They NEVER DO THIS.  I've never seen them show that exasperation with any other teammate.  And at the end after we coughed up too much of the lead for comfort, Smart didn't even high five Waters when he came to the bench.  Just shook his head at him.  This makes me think that there's something deeper with him.  Maybe he isn't putting in the work or isn't learning.  I don't know what it was.  But I thought it was clear that the guys have some problems with him. 

I doubt we see him for much longer, especially since Pritchard looks like a f***ing player.

Waters is ok on defense but on offense he thinks he’s better that he is. I saw him in the back court with Pritchard and Pritchard was motioning for the ball and waters just ignored him and went and turned it over. I don’t think Waters and Pritchard ever even be on the court together.

« Reply #312 on: January 04, 2021, 10:19:13 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
Not impressed with Waters. 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #313 on: January 04, 2021, 10:20:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Hate that Jaylen and Tatum have to play heavy minutes so far to start the season.

Feels like we have had a lot of back-to-backs and stretches where we have like 3 games in a span of just 4 days. And with Kemba and a few others out at times it’s forcing some guys like Jaylen + Tatum to play more.

Hope they don’t get very tired legs soon and that they can rest up when they can.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #314 on: January 04, 2021, 10:20:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Waters is ok on defense but on offense he thinks he’s better that he is. I saw him in the back court with Pritchard and Pritchard was motioning for the ball and waters just ignored him and went and turned it over. I don’t think Waters and Pritchard ever even be on the court together.
2-way players are on those types of contracts for a reason.  I don't think he'll see the court again this season unless the team is in this type of desperate situation again.  he won't be around next year.