Author Topic: My Recent Trip to Boston!  (Read 6930 times)

My Recent Trip to Boston!
« on: June 19, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
Hey guys,

Not sure if you remember, but, I posted another topic late last year up on this web site asking where to stay, how to get tickets, etc...

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that helped me out with this, and let you know how I went.

I went to Boston (I live in Australia) on the 3rd - 8th of May, just as the Celtics were playing against the Heat in the second round.

Just wanted to comment on what a lovely city it is, checked out all the sites, even had some great-weathered days.  We ended up staying at the Boston Omni Parker house which was a great location, and a very nice hotel.  I had managed to secure tickets to game 3 vs. the Heat via StubHub.  I got floor seats right at the Miami's player entrance.

This was my second ever NBA game I went to, and first gsme I had even watched of my beloved Celtics...it was the most amazing experience...all of the HEat players were 1-2 feet away from me, wow...!  (Obviously, I wish I was on the Celtics side, but that was double the price!)..Everyone at home saw me on TV, below is a photo that my mates took of me on their TV while they were watching the game live!  I absolutely love it...!  (I'm the bald dude)..

While we were there, my mate and I also got to watch game 3 of the Bruins & Flyers, which was awesome to watch live!  Also got to watch Redsox & Angels as well, that wasn't as good as the Redsox got smashed!

Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone that helped me out, and, I am hoping to go back next year!!
 :-D

Re: My Recent Trip to Boston!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 09:39:57 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I'm always up for a trip to Boston, and this post makes me want to go. You'd recommend the Omni Parker House?

Those are some insane seats. For a regular game they're great. For a playoff game against the Heat though.

At least you got to see them win.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 10:16:58 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Definitely some great memories for you.  Game 3 of the Celts/Heat was a classic.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 10:52:31 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

this alone is worth a buttload of tps!  :)

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 10:59:24 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
That picture is worth about a thousand TP's!  Glad you enjoyed your stay, come back anytime  ;)

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 12:44:39 PM »

Offline jax_celtsfan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
That picture is awesome, you picked a great game to go to.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 03:50:25 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Sick!

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 04:13:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Very cool.  It's great you got to see the Celts one win in the series, as well as a Bruins win.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
I'm always up for a trip to Boston, and this post makes me want to go. You'd recommend the Omni Parker House?

I sure would recommend the Omni Parker House, it is in downtown, gym facilities/free wi-fi etc etc, and very reasonably priced, compared to the other places I checked out.

That was definitely the best game to go to, amazing game, amazing atmosphere, loved every minute of it...

Unfortunately, we went to Miami afterwards, and I managed to go to game 5 there too..that was brutal, I was wearing my green jersey to stand out, I thought we had that game, and when we lost, the fans gave it to me....the end of the game was horrible...

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 06:17:35 AM »

Offline kein

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Awesome seats Dave! I wish I had them when I attended my game in Feb 2011 against the Lakers.

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 10:44:22 PM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
Awesome seats Dave! I wish I had them when I attended my game in Feb 2011 against the Lakers.

To watch the Celtics play the Lakers would have been something else too!  That was the game where Ray broke the 3-point record right?  Would have been a great experience!

Very much look forward to going back this May, will once again try to get get those seats, or something even slightly better (depends how much money it is), finally get to check out New York this time too, and watch a game at MSG...